Darvel FC Thread

13 hours ago, killiemilan said:

Kennedy greeting about the "guest teams" in Lowland League and Darren "the mouth" Miller moaning that winning the league should guarantee them promotion. As if they didn't know the rules at the beginning of the season.

And these comments are just in the past 24 hours.

They just can't help themselves responding on Twitter. And of course Gall had his rant a couple of weeks ago about how Darvel were the only team playing Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Of course totally ignorant to the fact that they have had more home games postponed than any other club due to the state of their park.

I'm not sure taking issue with guest clubs being invited to the LL, whilst the drawbridge remains half up, is a particularly outrageous position to take.  It seems that most of Scottish football (and most of this forum) has an issue with the way the LL is currently playing out, so it's not exactly a unique point of view.

With Hearts adding in their application, it complicates matters further...

19 hours ago, Newguy said:

What have you heard them saying recently?

I go to every game watch social media and not heard anything!

The soccer guy right enough just quietly going about their business 

Gall on FB today referring to Shotts, their next opponents, as Banjo Country. 

How to win friends and influence people the Darvel Project way. 

37 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Interesting how Gall seems to conduct himself well when relating to Killie yet the real character seems to come out when speaking about Darvel and their opponents.

1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I'm not sure taking issue with guest clubs being invited to the LL, whilst the drawbridge remains half up, is a particularly outrageous position to take.  It seems that most of Scottish football (and most of this forum) has an issue with the way the LL is currently playing out, so it's not exactly a unique point of view.

With Hearts adding in their application, it complicates matters further...

You are quite correct commenting on the Lowland League is not in any way outrageous. However the OP said he hadn't heard ANYTHING from the Darvel mouths in recent weeks.

2 hours ago, funky monkey said:

😂😂😂 I have been to Darvel and Shotts. If I had to choose to live in one or the other I’d choose Shotts. 

Darvel is the only place I’ve never got an O2 phone signal!

2 hours ago, killiemilan said:

You are quite correct commenting on the Lowland League is not in any way outrageous. However the OP said he hadn't heard ANYTHING from the Darvel mouths in recent weeks.

What I meant I haven’t heard anyone shouting there mouths off about the league, just going about their business quietly!

4 hours ago, Gazmcl said:

Aye now that they've stopped crying about the fixtures.

Had every right to cry about them ! No other team had that schedule for 6 or 7 weeks!

Teams now have lot more games to play than talbot or Darvel 

25 minutes ago, Newguy said:

Had every right to cry about them ! No other team had that schedule for 6 or 7 weeks!

Teams at the top are playing to a 14th May deadline.

9 hours ago, Newguy said:

They had every right to moan IF they didn't want to get into the promotion play offs. Rob Roy and cumbernauld finishing the season 4 weeks late makes no difference. Darvel doing it potentially meant no promotion. 

10 hours ago, Newguy said:

They had every right to install a pitch that doesn't turn into a swamp when there's a smirr of rain as well.

Edited by Shanner

As has been pointed out, if Darvel want to be promoted, they need to be declared as champions by no later than 14th May. With the amount of fixtures they had to play, the Fixtures Secretary had no option other than to squeeze them in the way he did.

It's especially rich for Darvel to be complaining when the 20 team league purely exists to accommodate them being promoted into Tier 6 after the pandemic season. I do think that was the correct decision but it led to an extra 6 games this season.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

It's especially rich for Darvel to be complaining when the 20 team league purely exists to accommodate them being promoted into Tier 6 after the pandemic season. I do think that was the correct decision but it led to an extra 6 games this season.

Think its a bit rich coming from darvel when without brewsters millions they would still be languishing in the bottom tier of ayrshire football