Darvel FC Thread

On 26/04/2022 at 00:31, South_Pride said:

Not heard anything this end. But if Syme is worth £12k to Darvel then Esplin must be worth a hell of a lot more than £5k.

Could all depend on his contract situation I suppose. Very good player, but your not going to fork big bucks if he can sign for free in Feb. But if your desperate to get a player in who knows. Preseason transfer mill will be fun thisbyear regardless 

2 hours ago, Gazmcl said:

Could all depend on his contract situation I suppose. Very good player, but your not going to fork big bucks if he can sign for free in Feb. But if your desperate to get a player in who knows. Preseason transfer mill will be fun thisbyear regardless 

From my point of view as a supporter, the player is under contract for next season. He’s been immense this year. The money would have to be enough for Pollok to buy a replacement of similar quality and be better off financially. 

As you say if the player wants to go you then risk a free transfer in 12 months but that’s a year to find a replacement, or for the replacement’s contract to run out.

5 minutes ago, Thesoccerguy said:

Darvel going about their business quietly , let’s go 3 to go . 

If you can call Gall, Kennedy and Co quiet? 😂

If they win the league, then their substantial investment on their project will have been rewarded. 

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

If you can call Gall, Kennedy and Co quiet? 😂

If they win the league, then their substantial investment on their project will have been rewarded. 

What have you heard them saying recently?

I go to every game watch social media and not heard anything!

The soccer guy right enough just quietly going about their business 

50 minutes ago, Newguy said:

wasn't the manager making cryptic, attention seeking posts on Twitter only yesterday? 

5 hours ago, Newguy said:

Kennedy greeting about the "guest teams" in Lowland League and Darren "the mouth" Miller moaning that winning the league should guarantee them promotion. As if they didn't know the rules at the beginning of the season.

And these comments are just in the past 24 hours.

They just can't help themselves responding on Twitter. And of course Gall had his rant a couple of weeks ago about how Darvel were the only team playing Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Of course totally ignorant to the fact that they have had more home games postponed than any other club due to the state of their park.