Diamonds v Peterheid

2 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

I’ve just seen the highlights back and how that’s a penalty I’ll never know 

It was a penalty because Josh pushed the ball away with his hand while he was on the deck. And he reached into the box to do so. Fairly blatant from what I saw at the time and the highlights have not dissuaded me of that opinion. The only surprising thing about it was the lack of yellow card because he knew exactly what he was doing.

14 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

I’ve just seen the highlights back and how that’s a penalty I’ll never know 

If falling over and punching the ball away so an opposition player cannot get the ball with your hand in the box isn't a penalty then you crack on.....the rest of us know the rules 

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

If falling over and punching the ball away so an opposition player cannot get the ball with your hand in the box isn't a penalty then you crack on.....the rest of us know the rules 

From what I seen it didn’t look in the box

It is who left the banana skin next to the penalty spot?  🙄. Although Scott is usually steady from the spot think i would have given Si Ferry a chance to atone for the og or tried to get Del Lyle on to get a goal before hanging up his boots

Edited by peternapper

3 minutes ago, DiamondJack85 said:

That previous still image is from after he handles the ball...its was handled well outside the box.

1082315341_Screenshot_20220430-162047_PixellotViewer.jpg.6af3bdc13fa6eecc217d533cb30c9576.jpg

It's always hard to judge still images. I can only think the Ref sees it as "on the line" and goes to lino to check. It did concern me that Josh got kinda bullied by his opponent. Anyway Brown's miss let us have a pleasant debate.