Diamonds v Peterheid

We have not troubled Airdrie much this season but with nothing to lose would be good to try and jump another couple places in the league. Airdrie i think have been the best footballing team we have faced but are welcome to have an off day before facing the play-offs

After how injuries affected our play off chances last season I'd forgive the manager for locking the starting 11 in a cupboard and playing a group of lads from the boys club.  Unbeaten run is fantastic but it's all about the play offs now.  Saturdays game means nothing to us in league terms so avoid any injuries or daft red cards and give the guys who usually start on the bench a game and make sure we are ready for the playoffs. 

End of season gave both teams the chance  to play fringe/leaving/ retiring players in strange positions.Cracking goal by Savoury hilarious own goal and Stevie g slippy penalty apart from that nothing else best of luck in the play offs 

I would think both sides equalled each other today. Our fringe players put in a fair shift apart from Afolabi : not quite the worst player if recent years as he has scored a few but his attitude to work rate is shocking. 

It was a good goal from Peterhead but I have to wonder why it was only one up front against our new back 4. Their possession was good and we , sorry Si, scored from a good passing move and cross. Hard to comment on the penalty as it was at the far end , and I was really surprised he missed. 

Draw fair overall but I was desperately looking for a late home winner.

On to the real matches now.

Not a great spectacle today but happy to keep the run going.

Officials noticeably poor.

A special mention to Hamish Ritchie for a pathetic penalty box tumble. Get  @:%^(*¬" up, you diving twat. A better ref would have booked you.

Well both sides keep their unbeaten runs going although both teams had unfamiliar looks. Another great finish from Grant for our goal then after going 99% of the game doing what Si Ferry does best then stuck his foot out to block a cross that Brett would have got and it was all square. The Ref & linesman maybe had the pen incident on their phones or something as it was given then consulted about & finally given. Just a pity we had not put Del Lyle in time for a final goal, Scott Brown stepped up and it looked as if his standing foot slipped and the ball flew over the bar.

17 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Well both sides keep their unbeaten runs going although both teams had unfamiliar looks. Another great finish from Grant for our goal then after going 99% of the game doing what Si Ferry does best then stuck his foot out to block a cross that Brett would have got and it was all square. The Ref & linesman maybe had the pen incident on their phones or something as it was given then consulted about & finally given. Just a pity we had not put Del Lyle in time for a final goal, Scott Brown stepped up and it looked as if his standing foot slipped and the ball flew over the bar.

Savoury looks a very talented player. Great signing by McInally.

He, Ritchie and Ryan Duncan have really stood out for me. I suspect all might be attracting interest and could be hard to hold onto.

I would like to see us take Ryan Duncan on loan next season if Aberdeen want to see how he gets on at the next level.

You had your chance with Hamish when he was with you. Grant is one of those that can be brilliant at times but needs a bit more consistency. Think Ryan needs more loan time to work on his game, certainly has the talent but is only 18 & maybe would struggle in a poor Aberdeen team so either another loan spell either at Championship or stay in what is going to be a very competitive League 1 next season whatever happens hopefully goes on to nave a fine career

16 minutes ago, peternapper said:

You had your chance with Hamish when he was with you. Grant is one of those that can be brilliant at times but needs a bit more consistency. Think Ryan needs more loan time to work on his game, certainly has the talent but is only 18 & maybe would struggle in a poor Aberdeen team so either another loan spell either at Championship or stay in what is going to be a very competitive League 1 next season whatever happens hopefully goes on to nave a fine career

Hamish felt like he was with us two weeks (probably not far off it) and then gone. I don't think he played a single game or made a squad which is shocking as he's a fine player. 

Ryan Duncan looks the real deal even at 18. Pacey and very direct winger with a good eye for goal. I'd definitely take him at Cove. He is far superior to many attacking options we've had this year; i.e Leighton, Masson, Leitch.

6 hours ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Still find it mental that Celtic paid money for Afolabi. One of the biggest wasters I’ve seen in an Airdrie top in a while.

Impressive that guys like Ritchie and McDonald who haven't played any meaningful game time for the best part of 6-12 months played the bulk of that game and Afolabi was still the worst player on the park. 

6 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

Ferry finally scores a goal......... at the wrong end. Apart from that he played a blinder in his last game for us and will be badly missed. All the very best Simon.

Hope he appreciated his goal announcement! 

Not sure what was going through Kerr’s mind (it was Kerr wasn’t it?) when he slapped the ball away to give away that penalty and I can’t believe he got away without a booking for it. Other than that I thought he had a decent game and it was nice to see him wearing the armband as the senior player in that lineup (at only 24). I’d like to see Kerr stick around despite his lack of appearances this season as I think he’s a good player when fully fit.

I thought Walker done well at centre half and I actually think he looked lot more comfortable there than he ever has at right back.

Good to keep the unbeaten run going but a poor game overall. I think our boys were much better in the second half so credit to the coaching team for that. I’d imagine Dean Ritchie and Matty McDonald have played their last games for the club, while guys like Afolabi, Scott McGill, Devenny, Walker might make brief cameos in the playoff games but are unlikely to be at the club next season. Wouldn’t be surprised if Agnew hangs up his boots as well but he’ll probably feature at some point in the playoff games.

Overall I’m happy to see us maintain the unbeaten run without risking any key players and none of the immediate backups picking up any injuries.

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Not sure what was going through Kerr’s mind (it was Kerr wasn’t it?) when he slapped the ball away to give away that penalty and I can’t believe he got away without a booking for it. Other than that I thought he had a decent game and it was nice to see him wearing the armband as the senior player in that lineup (at only 24). I’d like to see Kerr stick around despite his lack of appearances this season as I think he’s a good player when fully fit.

I thought Walker done well at centre half and I actually think he looked lot more comfortable there than he ever has at right back.

Good to keep the unbeaten run going but a poor game overall. I think our boys were much better in the second half so credit to the coaching team for that. I’d imagine Dean Ritchie and Matty McDonald have played their last games for the club, while guys like Afolabi, Scott McGill, Devenny, Walker might make brief cameos in the playoff games but are unlikely to be at the club next season. Wouldn’t be surprised if Agnew hangs up his boots as well but he’ll probably feature at some point in the playoff games.

Overall I’m happy to see us maintain the unbeaten run without risking any key players and none of the immediate backups picking up any injuries.

I believe that McGill and Devenny have more to offer than brief cameos if we find ourselves requiring to make changes during the matches. Both are very comfortable on the ball and can potentially offer a change to our starting formation if that is (hopefully not) needed 

After what was a pretty lethargic start to the season and him living up to what we thought we were getting from East Fife, Agnew has shown that he is very capable sitting in front of the defence and has coasted through most 90 minutes in that position. I see no reason why he can't still be very useful in that position for another season 

13 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I believe that McGill and Devenny have more to offer than brief cameos if we find ourselves requiring to make changes during the matches. Both are very comfortable on the ball and can potentially offer a change to our starting formation if that is (hopefully not) needed 

After what was a pretty lethargic start to the season and him living up to what we thought we were getting from East Fife, Agnew has shown that he is very capable sitting in front of the defence and has coasted through most 90 minutes in that position. I see no reason why he can't still be very useful in that position for another season 

I’m sure McGill and Devenny will feature but wouldn’t expect them to start unless there are injuries. Agnew could go another year imo but I just wouldn’t be surprised if he preferred to focus on coaching next year.

20 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Impressive that guys like Ritchie and McDonald who haven't played any meaningful game time for the best part of 6-12 months played the bulk of that game and Afolabi was still the worst player on the park. 

Hope he appreciated his goal announcement! 

At least Afolabi looks a tiny bit like a footballer. Was amazed how poor Ritchie was!