FFC v Alloa

Happy to see us lose if Miller doesn't get the job. From McGuffie at wingback to picking top jobbers Miller, Dixon, Jacobs, Hetherington and ATS and bringing everyone back at corners - he is making the exact same mistakes that Rennie did. What a fucking diddy 

A good performance for us today, and an excellent finish from Kev Cawley for the first goal. I thought that we were utterly comfortable for the first 70 minutes with Stefan Scougall running the show.

The last 20 minutes were a bit more hairy as between Scougall going off injured, Falkirk getting a goal back, and Falkirk bringing on Dowds and Nesbit, Falkirk had their best spell of the game. We saw it out though and I think that most people would agree that we were well worth our win.

Just now, Dink said:

A good performance for us today, and an excellent finish from Kev Cawley for the first goal. I thought that we were utterly comfortable for the first 70 minutes with Stefan Scougall running the show.

The last 20 minutes were a bit more hairy as between Scougall going off injured, Falkirk getting a goal back, and Falkirk bringing on Dowds and Nesbit, Falkirk had their best spell of the game. We saw it out though and I think that most people would agree that we were well worth our win.

Scougall ran them ragged , and i hope he is ok for our last game , we seemed to lose our momentum after that 

Wee Kev is deadly in front of goal , good to have him back .

A good away day. I thought we were well on top in the first half (excellent goal by wee Kev), but the changes made by both sides in the 2nd half swung the momentum over to Falkirk. We hardly created anything after Scougall went off.

Falkirk were dire until they scored and smelled the fear: they should probably have levelled before the end. It was a dodgy end to the game for us, but the result ensures a steady revival under Brian Rice. We would certainly be League 2 bound if BF was allowed to stay on.

Agree with others RE Scougall, thought he was excellent today and we dropped from being very comfortable when he went off. 

He has been rejuvenated since Rice put him in the middle of the park (somewhere I thought he would be too lightweight for) and every time the ball went to him today he looked to be positive and go forward - he compliments Robbo well in there. 

Also thought Howie had another good game at right back - he is another who looks a totally different player under Rice, especially being needed to fill in at right and left back. 

Few hairy moments near the end, especially when Andy Graham somehow cleared from under the crossbar, but overall a comfortable 3 points. 

Despite this game having little on the line, it is always sweet to get the win against Falkirk. I really enjoyed my afternoon watching this Alloa side, and that is such a difference to the last few months. Sooner Chipper is signed up for next season the better, some stability and his recruitment into his style of football could make for a really exciting campaign next year. 

Everything said about Scougall, I can't echo enough. He was totally class, the likes of Stevie H didn't get a look in. Scouggs looked liked he was really enjoying himself too which was great to see. That pass through MacIver was just sublime and probably deserved a goal. Special mention to our two centre halves too who I though on the most part strolled it. Durnan had an excellent game and even was strolling forward with ease. Andy Graham's clearance in the last minute is what we have come accustomed to with the skipper but that was sensational. 

Henderson has taken some stick recently on this but credit has go to for him in the first goal. That is what we have been missing from him recently but when he picks up the ball deep and drives at defence, few can stop him. Superb finish from Kev too. Any Alloa team with him in it is 10x better. Good to see Sammo getting a return after he was also questioned on here too. He loves a goal against Falkirk!

I listened to Kenny Miller's interview after the game and certainly eyebrow raising. I thought it was one of the most comfortable games Alloa have had at Falkirk in my time watching, albeit I can't say I go way back watching Alloa there. For Miller to say that if they played like that, they'd not be in the position they are in. I thought Falkirk were abject of ideas, toothless and defensively really shaky. Morrison is a nuisance and played well, his work for their goal made a nervy final 15/20. Alloa looked a bit leggy but in control for the most part. The less said about Griffths the better, thought'd he'd not quite stroll the league but be easy 8/10 goals. Couldn't have been more wrong. Like a man down.

For us, we can go out next week with another win just to cap off this season. With Falkirk away to QP, where they got whacked last time, we could end up in 5th. Goodness knows what QP we will get though. We are in a good place though and need this stability and foundations going into next season. 

Thoughts mostly covered through posts above..

As low a home crowd as I've seen at Falkirk, which is understandable given their season but should really set alarm bells ringing with their board.

Game had an end of season feel about it, but Alloa were certainly the better team and deserved the points. Always nice to get a win there, regardless of circumstances and it was a good day for us.

Sammons goal was terrific, although horrible defending from a Falkirk standpoint. Their defence was there for the taking all afternoon.

Scougall and Robertson bossed the middle of the park, and Sena also made a real impact from the bench. Great to see our midfield looking so strong, albeit season nearly over.

Nesbit made a difference for Falkirk when he came on. Before that probably not saying much but I thought Hetherington was arguably Falkirks best player.

Leigh Griffiths a total waste of a jersey

1 hour ago, laughing gravie said:

Apart from s fantastic ball for Kev's opener, Henderson feels like the new Max Christie for me.

On from the start every week and looking very disinterested.

Bizzare that you pick his best display for a while to make that comment .?  to me it looks like someone had a word in his ear and he is now passing the ball at the crucial moment instead of losing the ball as before,  Boyd on the other hand has not had the same advice  more worthy of criticism than Henderson , that said  pass marks for all this time round .

Edited by Vegetableman

13 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Bizzare that you pick his best display for a while to make that comment .?  to me it looks like someone had a word in his ear and he is now passing the ball at the crucial moment instead of losing the ball as before,  Boyd on the other hand has not had the same advice  more worthy of criticism than Henderson.

My criticism on Henderson is based on the fact since returning from Hearts in January, he has been off the mark and looks lazy.

I agree, Boyd hasn't been on fire either, but Boyd hasn't started every game, unlike Henderson, but does put himself about a fare bit and gets involved in games.

And one swallow doesn't make a simmer, does it?

34 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

My criticism on Henderson is based on the fact since returning from Hearts in January, he has been off the mark and looks lazy.

I agree, Boyd hasn't been on fire either, but Boyd hasn't started every game, unlike Henderson, but does put himself about a fare bit and gets involved in games.

Henderson is our top scorer and by far our most dangerous striker. Yes he looks lazy, and sometimes is, but I can see why he starts. As well as Cawley's goal he also set up the wee man for another good chance later on.

Boyd has plenty ability and works hard, but he holds onto the ball too long and often loses it. I'd be happy to keep him for next season, but he has to address the above weakness or he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter for me.

57 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

Yes he did fall away ironically once someone left the club , your timing is off that's all,  he had a good game on saturday and as i said seems to have learnt when to let the ball go , I have criticised him too in the past ,  he is developing here (whole intention ) and will i'm sure be a really good player one day . maybe lost a bit of confidence , he is still young and can only get better i would love to have him back here personally .