The battle of who could care less -Dundee Utd v 2022 Cup Winners Heart of Midlothian

It's just getting silly now how well things are going.

Top marks for how the management team and the squad have responded to adversity this season. We've heard all about certain other teams' injury worries, but we've missed important players more or less all season and have constantly been plugging gaps. Our starting and finishing 11s in the semi-final were both miles off full-strength, for example.

No whinging, just lots of winning. Well done, all.

Disappointing performance from the unit in the side which has been most consistent this season, the defence. Seigrist especially has regressed in the past month or two, but the back three were poor today as well. Niskanen is not comfortable at right wing back, and only McMann got close to pass marks from me.

The guys who Hearts fielded in central defence too looked poor, hope they have the regulars back for the rest of the season. Luckily for them they only had Clark, then later McNulty, and an out of sorts Watt to deal with. Telling our goals came from a midfielder and a defender.

Can't understand Courts not giving a young lad a run up front, and Eriksson a few games in goal.

"Disappointing performance from the unit in the side which has been most consistent this season, the defence"

While I would have agreed to that earlier in the season we have now gone 10 games since our last clean sheet and the fact we have scored first seven teams in the league this season without collecting all three points, it is no surprise we are struggling to cement 4th place.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there's anyone who knows why there's an adult Dundee United fan sat with two baby dolls at the game today? 

NINTCHDBPICT000728408033.thumb.jpg.fc3cc506923236f0b86cdbf76fefac47.jpg

And Bobby Hill, bottom right.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there's anyone who knows why there's an adult Dundee United fan sat with two baby dolls at the game today? 

NINTCHDBPICT000728408033.thumb.jpg.fc3cc506923236f0b86cdbf76fefac47.jpg

Probably someone who needs them to remain calm in busy environments. 

12 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Decent run out for the reserves, that. Hopefully a couple of them have staked a claim for a bench place or better, depending on injuries and suspensions. Swatted a United side with plenty to play for aside with ease, away from home.

Confidence building game and result.

If you are going to embark on a fishing expedition, you should really ask someone to help you to construct a coherent sentence.

24 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

If you are going to embark on a fishing expedition, you should really ask someone to help you to construct a coherent sentence.

A fishing expedition.  😄

Suck it up, buttercup. If you can’t handle reading the view of opposition supporters after a defeat, then maybe just log off? 

These last few league games are all about trying to get minutes in to the legs of some players, and resting others. The cup final is all that matters now. The fact that we beat the closest team below us with a weakened team away from home, is worth commenting on from our point of view.

A fishing expedition.  [emoji1]
Suck it up, buttercup. If you can’t handle reading the view of opposition supporters after a defeat, then maybe just log off? 
These last few league games are all about trying to get minutes in to the legs of some players, and resting others. The cup final is all that matters now. The fact that we beat the closest team below us with a weakened team away from home, is worth commenting on from our point of view.

Indeed

Dundee United are no mugs and under the circumstances dropping points away from home would have been a disappointment as opposed to a disgrace.

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Indeed

Dundee United are no mugs and under the circumstances dropping points away from home would have been a disappointment as opposed to a disgrace.

Exactly. I said right at the start of the season that I thought Dundee United and Motherwell would be the teams closest to us in the race for third, and i wasn't too far from the mark. That was a very good result on Sunday, and a useful exercise ahead of the final.

27 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It also leaves us 19 points clear of 4th and 19 points behind Rangers

Could we be any more third?

Hard times.

Our wallets are too small for our 50's, and our diamond football boots are too tight.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Was disappointed in Watt yesterday.  Particularly towards the end when we were in an attacking position and he threw himself to the ground trying to get a free kick, absolutely senseless dive.

That was idiotic but he was piss poor all game. I'd have settled for a draw at 2-2 (I'd have given a kidney for a draw 5 minutes into the game), but this Hearts' team - for the first time in years - is one that has a pile of goals in them and always looks like they might score.

Seen lots of Jambos claiming Woodburn was great today, incidentally, but I have to say I thought he was bang average at best - Levitt the best Welshman on display today, for that goal alone.

Given the injuries we had, and the fact we basically had to go to a one man central midfield once McEneff got injured I was very happy with that performance. Was entertaining, and we seem to not know when we are beat. 9 in a row without defeat and 7 wins, you really can't grumble at that, especially when we've nothing really to play for in the league. We showed a great attitude.

11 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

That was idiotic but he was piss poor all game. I'd have settled for a draw at 2-2 (I'd have given a kidney for a draw 5 minutes into the game), but this Hearts' team - for the first time in years - is one that has a pile of goals in them and always looks like they might score.

Seen lots of Jambos claiming Woodburn was great today, incidentally, but I have to say I thought he was bang average at best - Levitt the best Welshman on display today, for that goal alone.

I thought Woodburn was good today. Not great, but came into a role he isn't used to playing and used the ball well, good hand in our first goal and got stuck in.

41 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

I thought Woodburn was very good.

42 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I thought Woodburn was good today. Not great, but came into a role he isn't used to playing and used the ball well, good hand in our first goal and got stuck in.

Yeah, I'm just not seeing it. Hand in our first goal, but otherwise, just the same 'gets the ball/loses the ball' more often than not.