12 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

A fine goal in the first minute followed by 89 minutes of absolute guff once again.

How many pathetic capitulations like that have we seen this season now…..

But we’re in the playoffs, so everything’s fine. The guys who are treated Premiership players failing to win 72% of games against guys who play fitba’ as a second job isn’t a problem. They aren’t taking the piss and shortchanging the punters. Nope. Anyone who says different is a boo boy looking for problems that aren’t there.

I must admit I am struggling to understand Pansy's continuing faith in the loanees. None of them bar Smith is an asset and we have some decent youngsters who could have been gaining valuable experience in these last few games. We can expect nothing in the playoffs if we persist with these selections.

I think we all know what to expect in the play-offs. The momentum that was spoken of is a losers' mentality.

To be fair, we have some good talent, and can look impressive, but we can't defend. As soon as we started sitting deep, it was more and more inevitable as the game wore on. A pattern we have watched all season, but now not managing even to draw.

I’m finding it very difficult to get excited for the play offs which is really depressing. The squad are incredibly unlikeable and I think half of them have chucked it. I’m just looking forward to seeing the big list of players that are released come the end of the season when we’re routinely dispatched in the playoffs 

If I’m not mistaken, that’s 27 points dropped from winning positions across the whole season which is absolutely embarrassing. Bin the lot of these frauds 

Edited by qpfc

3 hours ago, qpfc said:

I’m finding it very difficult to get excited for the play offs which is really depressing. The squad are incredibly unlikeable and I think half of them have chucked it. I’m just looking forward to seeing the big list of players that are released come the end of the season when we’re routinely dispatched in the playoffs 

If I’m not mistaken, that’s 27 points dropped from winning positions across the whole season which is absolutely embarrassing. Bin the lot of these frauds 

Judging by the way some of the Queens Park players either shirked 50/50 challenges or just fell to the ground I would agree in your summise that they have chucked it already.  Good finish off your goal however.  

I thought that Queens bossed the game until they scored then the game changed. 

The wind had a huge bearing on the game and we seemed to deal with it best  

Thought Dillon was immense and thoroughly deserved his MOM award.  

7 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

A fine goal in the first minute followed by 89 minutes of absolute guff once again.

How many pathetic capitulations like that have we seen this season now…..

And it’s getting worse. When Ellis was here at least it was mostly just about lack of goals. Now it’s a lack of everything. 

I don’t know if Wullie Muir is genuinely injured or not but I’d have him back in a heartbeat. Ferrie’s been a key part of the recent slump. 

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

And it’s getting worse. When Ellis was here at least it was mostly just about lack of goals. Now it’s a lack of everything. 

I don’t know if Wullie Muir is genuinely injured or not but I’d have him back in a heartbeat. Ferrie’s been a key part of the recent slump. 

Yes he is genuinely injured and was having surgery.

An embarrassing, gutless performance yesterday. Don’t think we strung 4 passes together the whole game.

Watched a lot of poor Queen’s Park teams in my time but never ever doubted the attitude or work ethic of a team like this.

They just don’t give a f**k about this club and it’s so depressing. Special mention for Luca Connell on the back of another pathetic display. 

Leaders like Tony Quinn, Jonny Whelan, Ryan McGeever or Stevie Reilly just wouldn’t let it happen when they cross the white line.

Edited by Big Badger

14 minutes ago, Big Badger said:

An embarrassing, gutless performance yesterday. Don’t think we strung 4 passes together the whole game.

Watched a lot of poor Queen’s Park teams in my time but never ever doubted the attitude or work ethic of a team like this.

They just don’t give a f**k about this club and it’s so depressing.

Leaders like Tony Quinn, Jonny Whelan, Ryan McGeever or Stevie Reilly just wouldn’t let it happen when they cross the white line.

Interesting you’ve highlighted central defenders there. Room too for John McGregor and Ross Caven? Maybe Big D. Do you still think Peter Grant’s return has been a positive factor? Two set pieces yesterday for Mo’s goals, second goal last week was a howler and generally some very poor defending in the box all season, especially from midfielders, has lost soft goals. The best combo was Morrison and Fox who can both defend on the ground and in the air. Can’t think of anyone who can match up to your list. I guess playing for the jersey isn’t a thing anymore.

20 minutes ago, Big Badger said:

They just don’t give a f**k about this club and it’s so depressing. Special mention for Luca Connell on the back of another pathetic display. 

Spot on. A lot of players genuinely looking like they can’t wait for the final whistle as soon as the match starts. Such an unlikeable bunch. Think there’s 5 I would keep. 

Like to think Coyle’s got a few signings lined up already. 

1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Interesting you’ve highlighted central defenders there. Room too for John McGregor and Ross Caven? Maybe Big D. 

Would add Ricky Little too. Arguably the best centre half I’ve seen for us. You were guaranteed 100% effort every game. 

6 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Interesting you’ve highlighted central defenders there. Room too for John McGregor and Ross Caven? Maybe Big D. Do you still think Peter Grant’s return has been a positive factor? Two set pieces yesterday for Mo’s goals, second goal last week was a howler and generally some very poor defending in the box all season, especially from midfielders, has lost soft goals. The best combo was Morrison and Fox who can both defend on the ground and in the air. Can’t think of anyone who can match up to your list. I guess playing for the jersey isn’t a thing anymore.

Thought when he first came back from injury Grant had a significant impact on performances but he looks slower and more cumbersome as the weeks go on. Think he’d stroll it if we went 3 at the back, but god forbid we change the system…

Edited by Big Badger

2 minutes ago, Big Badger said:

Thought when he first came back from injury Grant had a significant impact on performances but he looks slower and more cumbersome as the weeks go on. Think he’d stroll it if we went 3 at the back, but god forbid we change the system…

We need to change something.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

We need to change something.

I don’t think we have the talent pool for change. McKinnon’s “mature market” plan is haunting us but to be fair to Ray, he knew it and wanted a different squad for this year. And that led to the difference of opinion between he and the club. 

It’s very weird. Here we are in the play-offs for the Championship, highest finish in the Scottish leagues since nineteen canteen yet the overwhelming emotion is dread. If by some holy miracle we get promoted I fear next term would be every bit as bad as Brechin’s short lived dream. See how that ended up. A nice day out in Ayr or Dunfermline and a noble defeat would be the best outcome. For now that is.

A lot of hope has been placed on Owen Coyle but apart from his recent success he’s got a pretty poor managerial track record. Six months at Ross County is his only Scottish experience in the last 15 years. Can’t see how he’ll have the magic black book of phone numbers from that. And that legendary new-boss bounce just hasn’t happened this month. Not to say he won’t come good but it’s not going to be a big bang moment. I think another year in L1 will do us a much better service in the longer term.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks