Handsome Jim Badloss v Even Handsomer Davie M.

13 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Which players who featured today have been told they can leave?

Goodwin mentioned in his press conference on Thursday that he has told players they won't be here next season. The only one we know about is Considine.

I think some of our players have down tools going with our last two performances. 

Edited by betting competition

28 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

It is, though. The team with the most possession tends to get fouled more (because it's the guy with the ball who usually is the one being fouled).

With 66% of the possession, Aberdeen should have been the recipient of 66% of the fouls, rather than about 50%, so that's suggestive that Aberdeen were, according to the referee, fouling a bit more than they should.

Not always though,

Celtic Livingston
Possession
85%
15%
Shots
Shots on Target
Corners
Fouls

Kelly was the right of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1 today. Didn't do as well as when a central holder in the midfield 3 against Motherwell. Lewis possibly struggled a bit defensively today also. McMillan and Longridge replaced them both, respectively. Montaño with a rare sub appearance and did well. Soto mostly played as a right sided attacker when he came on and looked good. I was disappointed Sibbald didn't get on and Omeonga didn't make the squad. Fitzwater, Devlin, Holt and  Pittman with strong performances today. Nouble, Bailey and Shinnie also impressive. Stryjek actually did well bar his idiotic moment. Obileye had an off day.

Edited by FreedomFarter

16 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

As shite as Aberdeen are, the decision by a clearly out of his depth referee to not send off the Livi keeper & award Aberdeen a penalty when he smashed Besuijen in the face, beggared belief.

To make it worse, he booked Besuijen.

Incredible. Baffling. Inept. Only in Scotland.

The clown also thought a 2 footed tackle only merits a throw in

23 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe should try playing him in the DM role he was originally signed for first. 

He was tried there in the pre-season friendlies last summer and seemed ill-suited. Offensively, he didn't show good awareness when being pressed from behind, he's not a proficient dribbler and his passing tended to only ever go in the direction he was facing. Then defensively, he's more about positioning than tackling. For example, at centre back he cuts out crosses very well but he's not so good at pressing out to win the ball from an opponent in possession. That wouldn't translate well to defensive midfield.

49 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

He was tried there in the pre-season friendlies last summer and seemed ill-suited. Offensively, he didn't show good awareness when being pressed from behind, he's not a proficient dribbler and his passing tended to only ever go in the direction he was facing. Then defensively, he's more about positioning than tackling. For example, at centre back he cuts out crosses very well but he's not so good at pressing out to win the ball from an opponent in possession. That wouldn't translate well to defensive midfield.

Yeah, I think he just needs coached through the game at centre back. Has a lot of good attributes but decision making isn't great yet. Might be a bad call at this stage but I'd consider switching him to the right centre back position next to Devlin with Fitzwater moving to the left side. 

Can see a lot of teams targeting us down that left hand side as things stand, it's clearly the weaker of the two. 

50 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Yeah, I think he just needs coached through the game at centre back. Has a lot of good attributes but decision making isn't great yet. Might be a bad call at this stage but I'd consider switching him to the right centre back position next to Devlin with Fitzwater moving to the left side. 

Can see a lot of teams targeting us down that left hand side as things stand, it's clearly the weaker of the two. 

Didn't see this before I went and put a big essay in the Livi thread just now on the centre back situation. Aye, I agree with you there. I noticed against Aberdeen yesterday actually that Devlin was tucking in very narrow and deep when Aberdeen were attacking us. Then Lewis/Longridge had a more normal full back position, staying wider and ahead of the centre backs. So I think Martindale is keenly aware of Devlin being so strong defensively, as you say.

Edit: I meant to put that given Devlin affords more protection to the right centre back than what the left centre back gets from the left back, it definitely makes sense to switch Fitzwater and Obileye over.

Edited by FreedomFarter

Wondered that myself. Also why was Stephane Omeonga nowhere to be seen as he really impressed me when we lost at the Tony Macaroni a few months ago?
Was Alan Forrest injured yesterday or not playing due to having signed a PCA with Aberdeen?
Both injured