Handsome Jim Badloss v Even Handsomer Davie M.

I thought that taking off Gallagher was an extremely strange move by Jim Goodwin. By the way that he came off and went down into the dressing room straight away, I’m assuming it wasn’t an injury. If either of the centre backs was going off surely it had to be Bates, who gives me the fear every time he challenges with an attacker in the box and whose distribution is average at best. Also having Ojo at right back ahead of Ramsay is mystifying. Good to see Jack McKenzie back and thought that he had a good game. We are in the proper shit now and must, absolutely must, beat Dundee next Saturday.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

When do the Livi fans start getting annoyed at all the decisions that went in their favour today? 

It’s alright, these things even themselves out over the course of the season 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I thought that taking off Gallagher was an extremely strange move by Jim Goodwin. By the way that he came off and went down into the dressing room straight away, I’m assuming it wasn’t an injury. If either of the centre backs was going off surely it had to be Bates, who gives me the fear every time he challenges with an attacker in the box and whose distribution is average at best. Also having Ojo at right back ahead of Ramsay is mystifying. Good to see Jack McKenzie back and thought that he had a good game. We are in the proper shit now and must, absolutely must, beat Dundee next Saturday.

MacKenzie looked good. Hayes showed he can be kept around as a squad player, as a winger. Vincente looked good but was expected to do too much.

We are shite. No other word for it. Shite.

Hayes played well, Besuijen had a lot of good touches but he struggled to produce any end output. Barron was fine.

At the other end of the scale, David Bates is an omnishambles of a football player, that Gallagher went off before him was mystifying. Lewis Ferguson has checked out of Pittodrie mentally. Funso Ojo isn't a right back and the fact he's still playing there is remarkable.

Knocked the ball about alright but we have no real end output up front. Defensively we lose so many cheap goals.

Livingston were very streetwise today and fair play to them, for me they managed the game far better than we did and thus deserved to win.

As for the referee, Scottish refereeing is only getting worse as the years go by. For all teams. Honking.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

When do the Livi fans start getting annoyed at all the decisions that went in their favour today? 

Maybe Aberdeen should have just fouled less, don't tend to get very far when your game plan is kick the opposition more than the ball.

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Maybe Aberdeen should have just fouled less, don't tend to get very far when your game plan is kick the opposition more than the ball.

This wind up would make more sense if we hadn’t had 66% of the possession. 

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Didn't realise possession was related to fouls, shame you only got 33% of the goals

Let’s not get wires crossed. I wasn’t trying to claim any footballing superiority and no one dislikes this Aberdeen side more than me. 

But your wee joke lacked any sense. You said we kicked the opposition more than the ball and actually we kicked significantly more of the ball than Livingston. 

Livi to be fair weren’t as heavy handed as they normally are, so kudos for playing some football. 

8 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Didn't even watch the game, but I'm still salty after the Kevin Clancy show last time out at Almondvale, so this is pleasing.

Seen the clip of Max though, jesus f**k, that should have been a red. We got lucky

Ditto.

First away game in the league i've not watched on ppv (when available to do so), and we won, maybe i'm a jinx.

Aberdeen are in big trouble as again this week there isn't any fight or confidence in this team. We can all go on about the ref and he made some real bad decisions but you have to overcome these bad decisions and create our own luck and we didn't do that

Next week match against Dundee match is massive. Lose/draw that then squeeky bum time. Goodwin telling players they can leave looks one of worst decisions we have made this season and that is saying something.

Aberdeen are in big trouble as again this week there isn't any fight or confidence in this team. We can all go on about the ref and he made some real bad decisions but you have to overcome these bad decisions and create our own luck and we didn't do that
Next week match against Dundee match is massive. Lose/draw that then squeeky bum time. Goodwin telling players they can leave looks one of worst decisions we have made this season and that is saying something.

Which players who featured today have been told they can leave?

11 minutes ago, betting competition said:

🤣

30 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Didn't realise possession was related to fouls, shame you only got 33% of the goals

It is, though. The team with the most possession tends to get fouled more (because it's the guy with the ball who usually is the one being fouled).

With 66% of the possession, Aberdeen should have been the recipient of 66% of the fouls, rather than about 50%, so that's suggestive that Aberdeen were, according to the referee, fouling a bit more than they should.