Motherwell v Rangers

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I imagined it would have been longer as we would have to replicate the form we showed from the 1st Rangers game up until the Dundee Utd draw at home. We dropped 7 points in that 5 game run and that’s the only time it’s happened. 

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

13 hours ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Possibly Nationalists with an anti English agenda.

Same folk with basic lack of education and understanding that without the Dambusters bravery during WW2 , they could be writing their replies in a different language, aye and not Gaelic.

20220405_170628.thumb.jpg.4932659f577509545113c62e1086673f.jpg

As for the game, only we could be playing against 10 men who have an eye on a European semifinal and Old Firm and not make it count. We're so tactically naive it's unreal. I'm sick of stupid fucking brain dead defensive mistakes. What the hell do we do all week in training? As I said to the guy that sits behind me, I do believe we have a good squad but the tactics are so wrong. Alexander brings on 3 attacking/positive subs.....when we're 3-1 down. Do it at halftime when we're still in the game for f**k sake!!! Especially how Woolery has caused their defence and McGregor problems already this season with his pace and when he did come on and we actually passed to him he did unsettle them but it was far too late. How Efford continues to start ahead of him I don't know. He seems to be the one getting the Slattery treatment now.

I really do fear for us next season. There's a real possibility we lose the 4 games remaining. That graphic that showed how bad we are is absolutely embarrassing. Better managers of better teams have been sacked for a lot less but we got top 6 so he's not going anywhere any time soon unfortunately.

Edited by AdamMFC

After having a night to sleep on it, I'm still raging with that complete omnishambles yesterday. Wish Alexander would just pack up his All Saints wardrobe and f**k the f**k off. It's far from a great squad but surely someone even semi competent could get a better tune out of it than that clown.

Dreading next season already, before this one's even done.

9 hours ago, AdamMFC said:

20220405_170628.thumb.jpg.4932659f577509545113c62e1086673f.jpg

As for the game, only we could be playing against 10 men who have an eye on a European semifinal and Old Firm and not make it count. We're so tactically naive it's unreal. I'm sick of stupid fucking brain dead defensive mistakes. What the hell do we do all week in training? As I said to the guy that sits behind me, I do believe we have a good squad but the tactics are so wrong. Alexander brings on 3 attacking/positive subs.....when we're 3-1 down. Do it at halftime when we're still in the game for f**k sake!!! Especially how Woolery has caused their defence and McGregor problems already this season with his pace and when he did come on and we actually passed to him he did unsettle them but it was far too late. How Efford continues to start ahead of him I don't know. He seems to be the one getting the Slattery treatment now.

I really do fear for us next season. There's a real possibility we lose the 4 games remaining. That graphic that showed how bad we are is absolutely embarrassing. Better managers of better teams have been sacked for a lot less but we got top 6 so he's not going anywhere any time soon unfortunately.

Tbf to your boss, why would he change anything at half time when motherwell had just scored, had a man extra and were in the ascendancy, he can't account for poor defending that allows us to score 2 mins into the second half

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Tbf to your boss, why would he change anything at half time when motherwell had just scored, had a man extra and were in the ascendancy, he can't account for poor defending that allows us to score 2 mins into the second half

Because playing against 10 men is different from playing against 11 and we should have changed things to take advantage of that.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Because playing against 10 men is different from playing against 11 and we should have changed things to take advantage of that.

Change things when they were going his way, the team wasnt tiring, was dominating, had just scored and on the ascendancy? 

Imagine he threw on 3 attacking players and rangers scored a second because mothewell were short at the back or caught on the counter with everyone up the park, he'd have been absolutely slaughtered 

As it stands his defence were sleeping at the start of the half, nothing on him that one

10 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Change things when they were going his way, the team wasnt tiring, was dominating, had just scored and on the ascendancy? 

Imagine he threw on 3 attacking players and rangers scored a second because mothewell were short at the back or caught on the counter with everyone up the park, he'd have been absolutely slaughtered 

As it stands his defence were sleeping at the start of the half, nothing on him that one

What if he had put an extra man in midfield and crowded out players running through us.  My point is that if he was set up to play against 11 there must have been a different set up that would have worked even better against 10.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

What if he had put an extra man in midfield and crowded out players running through us.  My point is that if he was set up to play against 11 there must have been a different set up that would have worked even better against 10.

And what if that extra man sells a goal or gets sent off

Fact is at half time his current system was working, the players were working and motherwell were on top, one poor defensive moment put the game back in rangers hands

If it aint broke, dont fix it, and it wasnt broke at half time

Fact is at half time his current system was working, the players were working and motherwell were on top, one poor defensive moment put the game back in rangers hands
This is a fair point. However, things were broke 2 minutes into the 2nd half and we were left having to chase the game against 10 men. The players shat it from then on yet the manager did nothing until we had conceded another and the game was gone.

5 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Ok