Motherwell v Rangers

Just now, Allroy for Prez said:

Alan Burrows and the rest of the board surely can’t be watching how the season has unfolded, the performances, the starting formation, the tactics, the substitutions and the results and thinking “this is fine, we’re on the right track, more of the same please”?

Burrows isn't aware of the general sentiment against Alexander.

I am not gunning for his head but the shit today was really getting to me. And folk round about me in the East have been done with him for a while.

If we don't win  any top 6 games it will be 1 win in 18 or something ridiculous. That is shambolic.

Are you saying we will never have a better chance?

On the front foot at half time against a 10 man side that already had one eye on a European semi-final and old firm match with our best available attacker still to come on.

Unless they go bust again, we won’t get a better chance.

8 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

If I read Bet365 correctly, Rangers winning the League, Scottish Cup and The Europa League is available at 80/1.

Might shorten a bit if County do the biz tomorrow... 😳

I imagined it would have been longer as we would have to replicate the form we showed from the 1st Rangers game up until the Dundee Utd draw at home. We dropped 7 points in that 5 game run and that’s the only time it’s happened. 

16 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Burrows isn't aware of the general sentiment against Alexander.

I am not gunning for his head but the shit today was really getting to me. And folk round about me in the East have been done with him for a while.

If we don't win  any top 6 games it will be 1 win in 18 or something ridiculous. That is shambolic.

I'd be surprised if Burrows was unaware of the opinion a lot of fans have about Alexander. He's generally got his finger on the pulse and is active on the socials, so he must see some of the negativity.

I'd imagine the media team have a gander at boards like this from time to time and, although a few dozen of us having a rant on here is hardly an all encompassing view, I think it is a reasonable overview of the feelings of the support as a whole. It certainly is among the group I go to matches with, and of most folk I've spoken to casually in the ground and on away days.

Aware or not though, it makes no difference. They've invested in him and his vision. He ain't going anywhere and he will stick blindly and stubbornly to the dross style of play. 1 win since December is a sacking in any other situation.

I would’ve binned Alexander 4/5 games ago and nothing we’ve did since suggests was wrong. I can’t think of a single positive about what any player brings to a game nor any change or tweak Alexander makes to turn or influence a game. It’s just one mistake riddled horror show of directionless garbage after another game after game.

I dread to think who he might add to the squad over the summer and what the start of the season might bring as we see just how bad it gets. 

A bad start next season meaning 1 league win in 25 or something for the calendar year might mean the change finally comes. 

f**k knows what our attendances and morale will be like by that point. 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:
Most match threads turn into discussions about songs when Celtic or Rangers win.
If the other team wins you don’t tend to hear about it as much.

Maybe both sides could do more to prevent the sectarian bile that comes from their fans every week.

Totally agree.

3 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Alan Burrows and the rest of the board surely can’t be watching how the season has unfolded, the performances, the starting formation, the tactics, the substitutions and the results and thinking “this is fine, we’re on the right track, more of the same please”?

Surely getting to the top 6 (albeit on the final day of the pre split fixtures) is something to not pick faults at but look at the positives and build on them

Yeah it might not be satisfying the now, motherwells form has been poor this year, but its still top 6, still only 2pts off a euro spot, to me, for motherwells spend compared to the likes of Dundee united, Aberdeen, hibs etc, thats not too bad, 

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The lack of discussion about that shambolic penalty call and how much of a cheating *** c**t nick walsh is a shock.

Was in the Cooper, so wrong end of the park for me to see and not got the heart to go looking for a clip of it although I've since heard it was debatable at best.

At the time I just assumed big Bevis had fucked it again. After some stellar performances earlier in the season, he's been back to complete bambi on ice stuff the past few games.

13 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The lack of discussion about that shambolic penalty call and how much of a cheating *** c**t nick walsh is a shock.

Not only would it have not effected the result anyway but it was a clear penalty. 

Walsh got all the big decisions right. 

There's a replay angle from behind Kelly's goal and it clearly shows Bevis taking the boy's foot before touching the ball. I was raging about it at the time but having seen that I think it's a clear penalty.

Still though, f**k Rangers.

12 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Surely getting to the top 6 (albeit on the final day of the pre split fixtures) is something to not pick faults at but look at the positives and build on them

Yeah it might not be satisfying the now, motherwells form has been poor this year, but its still top 6, still only 2pts off a euro spot, to me, for motherwells spend compared to the likes of Dundee united, Aberdeen, hibs etc, thats not too bad, 

3 teams achieved top 6 status on the final day, meaning that only 3 teams in the league outperformed them in that regard.

1 point off a European place.

But you are right.

All talk of sacking Alexander is quite frankly hilarious. Cloud cuckoo land springs to mind. 

To qualify I am unhappy with 2022 form and absolutely I a puzzled by a reticence to change formations or tactics that are not working. That plus bizarre player omissions means I am on the fence. 

But having just signed an extension. Him and Lucketti. Sacking Alexander just got considerably more expensive. Even if we finished 10th I doubt he would be fired. 

Flow Will know exactly how the fans feel. He visits the Well forums. He also must have seen the Sky graphic today that reminded everyone clearly that we are literally 12th in league in 2022. For points, wins and goal scored etc. 

A lot needs to change for us to improve. Not sure that GA is showing he is capable. But if we start next season as we are finishing this one then he may well get binned. But that will be in October which will save the club 6 months in salary.