Motherwell v Rangers

Firstly, I know it may not be popular amongst their support, but credit to Motherwell for being accommodating in allowing the fixture to be brought forward. 

Onto the match itself, no Roofe means it'll likely be Sakala up top. Another hattrick would be lovely but I don't imagine he will play the full match if he is available for Leipzig on Thursday.

I would assume Rangers will try their best to start very quickly and get a couple of goals that may allow us to ring the changes in prep for Thursday but I just don't see it working out that way after our recent exertions.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Motherwell are scabs. Boooooo. 

They can go some way to regaining trust by winning this one. 

This is a bottom-6-free zone, please move along.

Don't have any hope at all. Same old cliché that we just have to try keep it scoreless for as long as possible, hope they begin to tire and make changes then we can bring Woolery on (assuming Alexander doesn't start him) and use his pace and hopefully force McGregor into another mistake. That being said Sakala will likely get a hattrick in the first 20 minutes 🙄

This is the first of Van Veens suspended matches isn't it?

Had almost switched off from this season altogether until I got the youtube notification of GAs interview. I'll most likely get up at 6 to watch it anyway, then I can go back to sleep if it's shite and pretend I dreamt it.

Can we go a game without Sakala or Itten scoring? Who will be our chief noiser-upper? What novelty items will arrive on the pitch?

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Sakala or Itten, Itten or Sakala....

....both, obviously. If they both appear at any point, they score. It's written in the constitution, I think. 

Anytime scorer double pays around 5/1. Free money. Get your blue pounds on it.

I've woken up hungover and rough as f**k, and can't see this 90mins sitting in Fir Park lifting my mood any. Solely looking forward to post-match curers. Just get it done already. 

I'm not entirely sure why 'Well fans are so downbeat. For us, the league is long gone and any players in the European squad will have both eyes firmly on Thursday's game. 

Our two top strikers are out, and none of our more creative players will want to be stookied by 2.00pm.

I think we'll do well to get a draw. 

I'm not entirely sure why 'Well fans are so downbeat. 

If you discount the play-offs, we haven't haven't beaten Rangers on League duty since 1996.
It's a well trodden path of hope then disappointment/reality.

I'm not entirely sure why 'Well fans are so downbeat. For us, the league is long gone and any players in the European squad will have both eyes firmly on Thursday's game. 
Our two top strikers are out, and none of our more creative players will want to be stookied by 2.00pm.
I think we'll do well to get a draw. 

I was 6 months old last time we beat Rangers at Fir Park in the League. Throw in our bombscare defence that is conceding at least one goal a game atm then I’d have to start drinking right now till kick off to feel upbeat about this.