The Staggies v Celtic's Ange (the gamekeeper)

35 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Celtic nervous according to this BBC wallah. I thought they strolled it.

nervy.png

Didn’t look like they were strolling it from my seat in the East stand. Of course they were the better team, but the finishing wasn’t great, they were looking vulnerable to counters and the relief from the team and fans at the second goal was obvious. Did they deserve it? Sure but were they comfortable until the second goal, not from where I was sitting.

1 hour ago, Staggie52 said:

Didn’t look like they were strolling it from my seat in the East stand. Of course they were the better team, but the finishing wasn’t great, they were looking vulnerable to counters and the relief from the team and fans at the second goal was obvious. Did they deserve it? Sure but were they comfortable until the second goal, not from where I was sitting.

I agree. I was shiting maself.

Celtic played some tidy fitba in the first half, but were a bag of nerves after the break. That is a pretty massive three points going into the Derby next week. If they had dropped points this afternoon they would have been in no position to shitfest their way to the title in seven days time. 

In saying that, it's been some turnaround from last season from them. 

3 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

Well fair enough. Perhaps 'strolling it' was a bit unfair. I suppose being a neutral I have a different perspective.

8 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

It's possible to be nervous and comfortable at the same time. 

Yeah it never felt like we were in massive amounts of danger however i was still bricking it at 1-0 thinking of all the what ifs, it was the score line and the volume of chances were missed that made it nervy

29 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah it never felt like we were in massive amounts of danger however i was still bricking it at 1-0 thinking of all the what ifs, it was the score line and the volume of chances were missed that made it nervy

I think if the game had went 0-2 early the Staggies would've scored the fact it stayed just one it kept Celtic focused and pushing for the second,County were always going to have their moments Malky is building a good team,it was a good game of football.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

Had a glimmer of hope when Paton had that chance but his finishing is hilariously inept far too often.

Only if he had a squadron of tanks with him.

Edited by bennett