Albion Rovers v The Binos

Our last away trip of the season sees us make the short journey to Coatbridge to face a Rovers side who like ourselves has nothing to play for. 

Can we end the season on a high and get the 3 points on Saturday who knows, lets hope for the best. 

Prediction Albion Rovers 0 The Binos 1 

1 hour ago, Vodka Vic said:

We have absolutely chucked it. Binos fans will go home tomorrow thinking their team played like Brazil 1970 World cup team.

If you mean our team will play like they're in their 70s or dead I might agree with you 

9th is not beyond our capabilities believe me. 

21 hours ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

If you mean our team will play like they're in their 70s or dead I might agree with you 

9th is not beyond our capabilities believe me. 

No no, all rosy in the garden,  wc boggs says so

Well that certainly lived up to its billing as a meaningless game between two dreadful teams at the foot of the bottom tier of Scottish football. 

Whenever I think I've seen the worst game of all time along comes Stirling Albion to top it yet again.  

Appalling from the first whistle.   Reminiscent of the death throes of TGR or the worst periods of Alex Smith's tenure.  Thank god there's only one more week of this absolute dross to suffer

Well we did at least score if that`s any consolation and get a point but a pretty meaningless end of season affair nether team deserved to get 3 points.

one more game to go at home before the end of the season when we face Edinburgh CITY who are in the playoffs after Stenny lost at home to Stranraer. 

Lets hope DY can do he business in the summer and get a team which is capable of at least getting into playoffs. 

Edited by rhliston

1 hour ago, Shawheadrover said:

A bit harsh! Wasn't that bad: you should have seen our 0-0 draw with Elgin!!

I'm not expecting us to play like Kelty every week but this thud and blunder stuff sure wears you down.  Darren Young clearly doesn't rate any of the players he has inherited and they know that.  So every week there's a lot of running about hoofball, bizarre substitutions and incomprehensible tactics.  It's all just a mess.  No improvement in 20 games or so and nothing obvious to be optimistic about.  

The expression 'thank god for cowdenbeath' is beginning to wear a bit thin 

Darren Young clearly doesn't rate any of the players he has inherited and they know that. 

There’s only so many times you can shuffle the pack looking for a different outcome, only to find the same result. This pack has been shuffled time and time again and nothing has changed, so I don’t blame Darren Young if he “doesn’t rate any of the players”, they’ve all had ample opportunities and by and large have let themselves and the manager down. That’s not to say that everyone should go, I’ve posted elsewhere that there are a few players there that we should be looking to retain, but I’m sure the majority already suspect what’s coming, and you can’t blame Young.

In my opinion, if Young doesn’t undertake some major surgery in the summer, then next season, he’ll be out the door himself.