Clyde vs Airdrie The last game at Broadwood

Airdrie must be miffed that they won that 5-0 without trying, yet only got a point when they threw everything at us. It was a strange game as we actually threatened quite a few times and Love should have buried the chance right before their second. That goal killed it and the team we had out at the end would be midtable Lowland League.

On another day the referee gives a foul before the second and fourth goals, McAllister doesn't have a stinker for the first and Parry (and other) for the third. I did also think we were a bit lucky Docherty didn't give away a penalty and red card.

I'll miss Broadwood but I'll absolutely not miss this squad of players. After missing a season with the pandemic, it has been massively disappointing returning to such a woeful group.

That was shambolic, what a send off for our home ground for the last 28 years.

Is 5-0 our joint heaviest defeat at Broadwood? We were racking our brains but couldn't think of a worse result.

Really didn't think there was anything in the first half but thought it was a stonewall penalty.

I think it was McAllister that got absolutely done for the second goal and Parry sold the 3rd. Defending for the 4th and 5th was pathetic.

We did have a few good chances to score at least one consolation goal but passed them all up.

Same issues as the whole season in that there isn't enough good players to go round. Dropping Cuddihy and McAllister into defence just makes us very weak in midfield. The subs brought on made us weaker with each addition.

It's maybe just as well we are saying goodbye to Broadwood as we have kept some of our worst performances for the home games. Today, 5-0 v Montrose, 3-0 v Peterhead and both games against Dumbarton all spring to mind.

I think Danny Lennon and the players have worked miracles to kero such a limited squad up but we really can't afford another batch of summer signings like last time.

On 22/04/2022 at 10:55, BrigtonClyde said:

The reality's more along the lines that NLC have wanted us out for a very long time (I doubt that stadium will be there in a few years),

I hope this nefarious attitude spreads to other New Towns and that I will have the possibility of buying a house in the new Almondvale estate in the near future....

15 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

That was shambolic, what a send off for our home ground for the last 28 years.

Is 5-0 our joint heaviest defeat at Broadwood? We were racking our brains but couldn't think of a worse result.

Really didn't think there was anything in the first half but thought it was a stonewall penalty.

I think it was McAllister that got absolutely done for the second goal and Parry sold the 3rd. Defending for the 4th and 5th was pathetic.

We did have a few good chances to score at least one consolation goal but passed them all up.

Same issues as the whole season in that there isn't enough good players to go round. Dropping Cuddihy and McAllister into defence just makes us very weak in midfield. The subs brought on made us weaker with each addition.

It's maybe just as well we are saying goodbye to Broadwood as we have kept some of our worst performances for the home games. Today, 5-0 v Montrose, 3-0 v Peterhead and both games against Dumbarton all spring to mind.

I think Danny Lennon and the players have worked miracles to kero such a limited squad up but we really can't afford another batch of summer signings like last time.

Our worst at Broadwood:

6-1 v ICT.

5-0 v Celtic.

5-0 v Partick Thistle colts.

5-0 v Montrose.

Doing it twice in one season is absolutely unforgiveable.

I had stopped going to Clyde games because of the whole Goodwillie situation, but decided to go along today because Broadwood is where many happy memories were made with family members that are sadly no longer with us. I’ll miss it.

I will not miss the current squad of players. This season, for many reasons, has felt extremely long and extremely painful. I can’t wait to see the back of it. I’d keep Parry, Livingstone and Cuddihy. Monday Samuel looked worth a deal but couldn’t make a difference with that absolute shower around him.

Airdrie looked hungry. Flying into tackles and knocking their pans in running even after the 5th went in. Airdrie’s squad is superb, but Airdrie’s fans are still mad little Tommy Robinson cucking orcs.

29 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I had stopped going to Clyde games because of the whole Goodwillie situation, but decided to go along today because Broadwood is where many happy memories were made with family members that are sadly no longer with us. I’ll miss it.

I will not miss the current squad of players. This season, for many reasons, has felt extremely long and extremely painful. I can’t wait to see the back of it. I’d keep Parry, Livingstone and Cuddihy. Monday Samuel looked worth a deal but couldn’t make a difference with that absolute shower around him.

Airdrie looked hungry. Flying into tackles and knocking their pans in running even after the 5th went in. Airdrie’s squad is superb, but Airdrie’s fans are still mad little Tommy Robinson cucking orcs.

29 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Reasonable comments - until the last sentence reference Airdrie fans. What a generalisation. Weak stuff.

12 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I personally believe Tommy Robinson to be a neanderthal, dim witted little fascist but you know, whatever you want to think. 

Unlike many Airdrie fans I didn't mind a wee visit to Broadwood especially when I lived just at the back of it, it's the opposition and their seemingly endless ability to take points off us even when they were shite that I hated. 

Airdrieonians humiliated David Goodwillie's Clyde, in their last ever game at Broadwood, by putting 5 goals past them AND bringing on their sub goalkeeper as a regular sub? Tremendous. 

David Goodwillie doesn’t currently play for Clyde and the keeper came on as a sub for Currie the regular keeper.

Good post though, would read again.

4 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

David Goodwillie doesn’t currently play for Clyde 

I think on that point, you’ll always be David Goodwillie’s Clyde! Chants of “we want our captain back” and the subsequent damage done to your club when your board sanctioned the loan deal have ensured that!

Edited by CapitalDiamond