Clyde vs Airdrie The last game at Broadwood

1 hour ago, CapitalDiamond said:

I think on that point, you’ll always be David Goodwillie’s Clyde! Chants of “we want our captain back” and the subsequent damage done to your club when your board sanctioned the loan deal have ensured that!

And you'll always be a pseudo Airdrie 

10 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

David Goodwillie doesn’t currently play for Clyde and the keeper came on as a sub for Currie the regular keeper.

Good post though, would read again.

More than happy to refer to you as David Goodwillie's Clyde while: 

A) He's still on your books 

B) The custodians of your club who unashamedly re-signed him are still stinking the place out 

C) Your weirdo rape apologist fans sing songs about him and hero worship him. 

Jay Cantley came on as part of a regular substitution rather than an injury or red card substitution because Clyde were such feeble opposition that we could take the piss in a way that almost never happens. You knew that already though. 

Cheers for the easy 3 points.

The result is exactly what I expected before the game had kicked off. Airdrie needing the win to have any hope of the title & Clyde with nothing to play for having secured safety the week before. 

I had no intention of attending until the announcement late on Thursday night. To me the game itself on Saturday meant nothing & it was just the case of being there for the last time for a home match. 

We have a poor side this season & Airdrie have an exciting side that plays a nice brand of football. Enjoy your victory as would I had my team beat another 5-0 but don’t get too ahead of yourself. We lost our first game at the ground so was only fitting we lost our last!

10 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

The result is exactly what I expected before the game had kicked off. Airdrie needing the win to have any hope of the title & Clyde with nothing to play for having secured safety the week before. 

I had no intention of attending until the announcement late on Thursday night. To me the game itself on Saturday meant nothing & it was just the case of being there for the last time for a home match. 

We have a poor side this season & Airdrie have an exciting side that plays a nice brand of football. Enjoy your victory as would I had my team beat another 5-0 but don’t get too ahead of yourself. We lost our first game at the ground so was only fitting we lost our last!

I would suggest the opposite.

The title has imo been over for a few weeks.

I thought Clyde would’ve wanted to turn up and put in a performance for the occasion which obviously had significance to yourselves.

As Ian Murray said we had a few players not risked in this game with all eyes on the playoffs. Agnew, Watson, Gabby McGill and Frizzell all out, all of which would’ve probably started.

Subbing our Keeper, our RB MacDonald ending the game up front it felt more like a training game for us.

Make no mistake Clyde have got away with one this season, turmoil off the park and a poor team on it. With the league getting stronger again next season, Clyde will be an absolute shoo-in for relegation. 

14 hours ago, airdrieman said:

More than happy to refer to you as David Goodwillie's Clyde while: 

A) He's still on your books 

B) The custodians of your club who unashamedly re-signed him are still stinking the place out 

C) Your weirdo rape apologist fans sing songs about him and hero worship him. 

Jay Cantley came on as part of a regular substitution rather than an injury or red card substitution because Clyde were such feeble opposition that we could take the piss in a way that almost never happens. You knew that already though. 

Cheers for the easy 3 points.

You do realise Clyde had nothing to play for? You make it sound like you put five past Celtic in a cup final.

I can understand what you’re getting at with wanting to leave the ground with a victory but sadly that wasn’t the reality. I don’t speak on behalf of Clyde supporters but everyone I spoke to pre match had us down for a defeat by at least 2/3 goals. Nobody seemed bothered by outcome of the match but more on a wee trip down memory lane before moving on to our next chapter. 

We have been brutal to watch all season & certainly need to improve over the summer. The standard of the league is going to improve year on year. 

Promotion playoffs will be interesting with some good sides. The two best footballing sides this season I’ve had down as Airdrie & Montrose. 

Anyway we are safe & now have a big summer ahead where recruitment will be crucial. 

2 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

You do realise Clyde had nothing to play for? You make it sound like you put five past Celtic in a cup final.

The 'easy 3 points' and talk of taking the piss suggest literally the opposite of that but okay. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2022 at 16:06, the_bully_wee said:

Has Ian Murray brought Jay Cantley on yet? Need to keep Currie fit for another spectacular play-off bottle job next season :) 

Insert Scolari 'ooof' gif here.