Clyde vs Airdrie The last game at Broadwood

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

What's the Clyde slant on this,   it looks like his has been simmering for a while with the DGW situation bringing it to a head...

Have you any faith in your board  to sort out a new stadium....

I think it has been coming for a while. The DGW stuff definitely brought it to a head but the club had been looking at relocating prior to it all kicking off.

On your second point, I’m not particularly confident but I do welcome a move away from Broadwood. Time will tell…

If we are still in league 1 next season I'd be delighted to see the back of Broadwood. 

Everytime I go to a Clyde vs Airdrie game there we either get beat or draw.

Worst memory there was the play off final defeat (think it was 2008 maybe) the year we finished 2nd and lost 3-0.

And this season with the game being called off due to the fog and the 2-2 draw.

Other than last season's game, when was the last time Airdrie beat Clyde at Broadwood in the league?

The last two draws were incredibly frustrating so hopefully we manage to get the 3 points and keep the momentum going into the play offs. 

Think it will be a decent time to play Clyde as they have secured league 1 football for next season.

Edited by David Fernández

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

If we are still in league 1 next season I'd be delighted to see the back of Broadwood. 

Everytime I go to a Clyde vs Airdrie game there we either get beat or draw.

Worst memory there was the play off final defeat (think it was 2008 maybe) the year we finished 2nd and lost 3-0.

And this season with the game being called off due to the fog and the 2-2 draw.

Other than last season's game, when was the last time Airdrie beat Clyde at Broadwood in the league?

The last two draws were incredibly frustrating so hopefully we manage to get the 3 points and keep the momentum going into the play offs. 

Think it will be a decent time to play Clyde as they have secured league 1 football for next season.

I had a look and I think our only other win against Clyde at Broadwood was a 1-0 win in 2007 with Kevin McDonald of all people scoring the winner, though I can’t say I remember anything about that game to be honest. We did beat Clyde 3-2 in the League Cup a few years ago but that game was played in Hamilton. 

As you say, our games against Clyde have been very frustrating this season. Even the 2-1 game earlier in the season was a bit like that, we dominated the game but from memory struggled in the final third and gave ourselves a tough time by giving away a daft penalty. I’d also completely forgotten about this until now but there was the pre-season game where Murray played a load of trialists and Clyde pumped us 3-0. Some people didn’t take that result well at all but at least things have improved a bit since then!

7 hours ago, Mr November said:

I had a look and I think our only other win against Clyde at Broadwood was a 1-0 win in 2007 with Kevin McDonald of all people scoring the winner, though I can’t say I remember anything about that game to be honest. We did beat Clyde 3-2 in the League Cup a few years ago but that game was played in Hamilton. 

As you say, our games against Clyde have been very frustrating this season. Even the 2-1 game earlier in the season was a bit like that, we dominated the game but from memory struggled in the final third and gave ourselves a tough time by giving away a daft penalty. I’d also completely forgotten about this until now but there was the pre-season game where Murray played a load of trialists and Clyde pumped us 3-0. Some people didn’t take that result well at all but at least things have improved a bit since then!

Did we not pump Clyde at broadwood last season behind closed doors? Can't remember the exact score but i can remember Thomas Robert scoring a corner and Josh Kerr curling a lovely goal from about 25 yards.

5 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Did we not pump Clyde at broadwood last season behind closed doors? Can't remember the exact score but i can remember Thomas Robert scoring a corner and Josh Kerr curling a lovely goal from about 25 yards.

Closed doors games don’t count. Duh.

You beat us 4-2

8 hours ago, Mr November said:

Kevin Mcdonald, surprised the ball reached the back of the net and didn't get launched into Broadwood Loch 😁

12 hours ago, Passionate said:

What's the Clyde slant on this,   it looks like his has been simmering for a while with the DGW situation bringing it to a head...

Have you any faith in your board  to sort out a new stadium....

The reality's more along the lines that NLC have wanted us out for a very long time (I doubt that stadium will be there in a few years), so they saw the DGW situation as an opportunity to pull the trigger.   They tried to pre-empt criticism by saying that they only took over the running of the place very recently - must've been in the few days that the player was at Rovers then being loaned back - and it was NLL who were in charge previously.  Laughably they tried to make out that NLL and NLC are two completely different organizations.   Only slight problem being, the records show that NLC took over the running of NLL operations with effect from April last year, so, y'know....

That said, Clyde have been talking about moving for a long time - a cardinal sin when they had nothing set in stone to move to - then wondered why the locals had disengaged, over and above the fact that the club had done very little over all the years to really become part of the community.   Both sides have a case to answer, but it's done now.   As for trusting the board to have the competence to come up with the right decision in terms of new location, and not look at the minimum 3 years at Hamilton as an opportunity to kick things into the long grass for a while, always happy to be pleasantly surprised.

I think Airdrie used Broadwood as a home for a year or two, is that right ?   Appropriate then you'll be the last away team I suppose.  Ironic however it's due to be fairly warm tomorrow !

We lost the first ever game there, so feel free to bring things full circle.  Thankfully you need the points more than we do, and after Cove Rangers' Security Officer shenanigans in January leading to false accusations by Logan, which have STILL not been resolved, can't say I'd lose any sleep if you managed to get over the line ahead of them.

9 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

The reality's more along the lines that NLC have wanted us out for a very long time (I doubt that stadium will be there in a few years), so they saw the DGW situation as an opportunity to pull the trigger.   They tried to pre-empt criticism by saying that they only took over the running of the place very recently - must've been in the few days that the player was at Rovers then being loaned back - and it was NLL who were in charge previously.  Laughably they tried to make out that NLL and NLC are two completely different organizations.   Only slight problem being, the records show that NLC took over the running of NLL operations with effect from April last year, so, y'know....

That said, Clyde have been talking about moving for a long time - a cardinal sin when they had nothing set in stone to move to - then wondered why the locals had disengaged, over and above the fact that the club had done very little over all the years to really become part of the community.   Both sides have a case to answer, but it's done now.   As for trusting the board to have the competence to come up with the right decision in terms of new location, and not look at the minimum 3 years at Hamilton as an opportunity to kick things into the long grass for a while, always happy to be pleasantly surprised.

I think Airdrie used Broadwood as a home for a year or two, is that right ?   Appropriate then you'll be the last away team I suppose.  Ironic however it's due to be fairly warm tomorrow !

We lost the first ever game there, so feel free to bring things full circle.  Thankfully you need the points more than we do, and after Cove Rangers' Security Officer shenanigans in January leading to false accusations by Logan, which have STILL not been resolved, can't say I'd lose any sleep if you managed to get over the line ahead of them.

My first ever game was Airdrie v Clydebank (ironic) and it was at Broadwood with my uncle but he’s fell out of love of football after the name change etc. 

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

My first ever game was Airdrie v Clydebank (ironic) and it was at Broadwood with my uncle but he’s fell out of love of football after the name change etc. 

About 20 year ago or so ?  Remember they did share for a season or two.   Don't blame your uncle, that was another disastrous road we nearly went down but just managed to avoid.

2 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:

About 20 year ago or so ?  Remember they did share for a season or two.   Don't blame your uncle, that was another disastrous road we nearly went down but just managed to avoid.

Aye would have been 95/96 I’m sure.

On 22/04/2022 at 08:00, AJ77 said:

That was a league game during Covid no crowd restrictions. As I remember it, there was quite a wind that day, and Robert scored direct from corner.