Dundee FC New Stadium Thread

41 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Everything but unicorn stables.

Not sure what will be in the museum but at least you’ll save a few bob on a trophy cabinet.

Dab tears from 2016 waiting at the entrance like holy water.

We could go all out Boca Juniors if we stayed at Dens...
f4899a84fb71c925397188e0a109bce4.thumb.jpg.9bf44373fb8e96be6768c2826ac26575.jpg

That’s awesome. It’s definitely achievable to use the space available if the designers used a little imagination. Get some boxes in and there’s your epic hospitality, if the games shite then the prawn sandwich eaters can instead enjoy commanding views of the City of Discovery.

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You may be correct and I have been supplied false information.

Don't think it's listed but it's an Archibald Leitch stand, the top architect in the day, also did Ibrox and Goodison, plenty of others. It's proper architecture, not like the shite knocked up at the Fruitbowl, or the soulless concrete misery at Perth.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Don't think it's listed but it's an Archibald Leitch stand, the top architect in the day, also did Ibrox and Goodison, plenty of others. It's proper architecture, not like the shite knocked up at the Fruitbowl, or the soulless concrete misery at Perth.

Thank you.

The only chap in history that started his architectural career with a disaster killing 25 and injuring hundreds.

Yet he is an almost God like figure to football geeks everywhere.

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

The only chap in history that started his architectural career with a disaster killing 25 and injuring hundreds.

Yet he is an almost God like figure to football geeks everywhere.

All part of the learning process.

24 minutes ago, K.T said:

Dab tears from 2016 waiting at the entrance like holy water.

Quite like that image.  Problem is they will have evaporated by the time the stadium is isn’t built.

54 minutes ago, Crawford said:

We have new build houses/flats on the inside of old factory walls. The council are very washy with the whole listed building thing.

Flashback to when they told someone to rip down a giant old mill building and then got angry when they actually did it.

Edit - the proposed site also has the old NCR building on it which is listed.  Guessing handshakes will happen somewhere regarding that too.

I think it’s listed due to there being McIntosh Patrick murals on the interior walls, as opposed to the building itself being of architectural significance.  From what I’ve heard, the murals have deteriorated significantly over the years to the point they are barely recognisable as being the work of McIntosh Patrick.  I understand that would assist any application to de-list the building.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

That’s awesome. It’s definitely achievable to use the space available if the designers used a little imagination. Get some boxes in and there’s your epic hospitality, if the games shite then the prawn sandwich eaters can instead enjoy commanding views of the City of Discovery.

Surely the Bombonera has hospitality? El Suite de Fideos Doctor? 

Spoiler

E5519702-1564-40EB-8182-740FD6F29F91.png

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

We have new build houses/flats on the inside of old factory walls. The council are very washy with the whole listed building thing.

Flashback to when they told someone to rip down a giant old mill building and then got angry when they actually did it.

Edit - the proposed site also has the old NCR building on it which is listed.  Guessing handshakes will happen somewhere regarding that too.

Depends what the listing covers Crawford. Think that old bit of the factory was listed because there was a mural in it at some point*

Stuff like the mill conversions or Robertson's building in town are generally ok because its the facade thats seen as important, the interior is just an empty space with no historic features.

Demolition or alteration of a listed building isn't that uncommon if its not deemed unique and important enough to keep and can't be converted like the mills

* See shadows post for more detail

Edited by locheedee

Assume the holding company is owned by the Americans and will benefit them rather than the club? Or will dundee get some of the income surrounding area gives and from the stadiums non-match day revenue?

I've actually changed my mind and I agree with you. I think I've been wow'd, duped if you will, by the lovely stadium graphic they have produced. If we are being honest, it's another legoland stadium.
I did post numerous examples a couple of months back in the Dundee thread of stadiums from across Europe around the 15k capacity mark which are oozing character.  I can't be arsed looking them out just now (maybe later) but they were basically stadiums that had interesting designs to them i.e different sized stands, two tiered stands, some corners filled in, standing areas etc. I would like to see Dundee or Aberdeen pursue options like this instead of going for a generic 4 stand or single tiered bowl design.
100% a single tier fully enclosed arena. None of this 4 stand stadium with no atmosphere.

In Scotland, in winter. Getting pissed on with rain every second week.

On 27/05/2022 at 12:47, johnnydun said:

You may be correct and I have been supplied false information.

Nothing shows listed at Dens Park

https://hesportal.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=18d2608ac1284066ba3927312710d16d

The old NCR building near the new site is Grade B listed, but seems unlikely to be an impediment with this description:

https://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB25381

On 21/04/2022 at 16:42, ScottyDee1893 said:

Maybe not much use for visiting fans but the Dee Club (Social Club) is 2 minutes away from Sandy's Bar. In addition the Logie Club is only a further 100 yards away and I can see both being busy on match days as Nou Campy is a 15 minute stroll away. The Kettledrum on South Road is another within 15 minutes walk from Campy

I know you boys like me but calling a bar after me is way too much, tears of gratitude here in the croft.