Dundee FC New Stadium Thread

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Everything but unicorn stables.

Not sure what will be in the museum but at least you’ll save a few bob on a trophy cabinet.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Everything but unicorn stables.

Not sure what will be in the museum but at least you’ll save a few bob on a trophy cabinet.

It will be your Urn after your cremation in the DFC Crematorium.

I was discussing with my old man the option of redeveloping Dens when we last visited the ground. It would be magic if Dundee did this. Fix up the stairway leading to the Derry and open this back up for use on match-days. It’s a unique part of the ground and it’s an absolute sin that it’s been neglected and left to rot. Then extend the Derry a little over to said steps. Knock down the old main stand and build a steep stand in its place using the existing footprint. This stand could perhaps take on the same design as Caley Thistles main stand except complete with roofs over the end sections and a bigger middle section. Don’t leave Dens lads, it’s a terrible idea.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

This stand could perhaps take on the same design as Caley Thistles main stand

200w.gif.49ecc8c9af98351120bb488d366f2780.gif

Although I do get the overall sentiment of your post, I don't think we can do anything with the Main Stand because it is listed, which is part of the problem.

Plus Keyes and Nelms want a whole Arena come Venue come Development thing.

Although I do get the overall sentiment of your post, I don't think we can do anything with the Main Stand because it is listed, which is part of the problem.

Where does that leave Dundee then in terms of selling the land to fund the new ground? If the old stand can’t be demolished because it’s listed will it just sit there and serve as a reminder of the past? All seems a bit ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Where does that leave Dundee then in terms of selling the land to fund the new ground? If the old stand can’t be demolished because it’s listed will it just sit there and serve as a reminder of the past? All seems a bit ridiculous.

We have new build houses/flats on the inside of old factory walls. The council are very washy with the whole listed building thing.

Flashback to when they told someone to rip down a giant old mill building and then got angry when they actually did it.

Edit - the proposed site also has the old NCR building on it which is listed.  Guessing handshakes will happen somewhere regarding that too.

Edited by Crawford