2022/23 League Cup

Thank f'ck we got Cove Rangers again. I was worried that we haven't played them enough in the League Cup previously and wouldn't have sufficient games against them this season. 

I’ve been desperate to see Clyde play Hibs at Easter Road for years just so I can finally tick it off the list, so naturally that’ll be Matchday 2 or 3 when I’m on holiday. 

Morton is becoming a bit of a trope the way Kilmarnock was, but I’m quite happy with the draw overall. Bonnyrigg away in the Scottish Cup in 2019 was one of my all time favourite away trips as well but I suspect games against them will probably be coming thick and fast in the not too distant future. 

Jealous of those who got Fraserburgh and Buckie in their groups tbh
Don't be. It'll be scheduled for a Tuesday night with the still being no trains and a 7.30pm ko meaning most fans can't get there [emoji2959]

Glad they've got rid of the regionalisation, it was stupid trying to squeeze Scotland into two halves when they two halves of the country don't have anything like the same population. Hibs and Bonnyrigg is interesting. Falkirk and Morton, not so much.

19 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Is there always this gap between the draw and the fixture schedule? I appreciate folk will be on their holidays but cmon.

Yes. It's more to do with Premier Sports choosing which games they want to show live rather than holidays etc.

They'll pick their games then the fixtures will work around them.

So as predicted 2 Aberdeen games (Peterhead away and Raith at home), 2 Hibs games (Falkirk and Bonnyrigg both away) and Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle. Plus a bit of a wildcard pick in Airdrie v St Mirren. The 3 away games for the "big" clubs is fair enough. Aberdeen v Raith and Killie v Thistle were always likely picks even though ideally the games being at the other venue would be better. The Airdrie v St Mirren tie wouldn't normally get a look in but fair play to Premier for using their allocation and picking what could be a decent game. At least they pick up their games unlike some other broadcasters