Hibs' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Hibernian's next permanent manager?   

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Big Mowbray @ 4/1 

That’s where my cash would go. 

I'm lead to believe he's taking some time out and he can't stand the Scottish media, something he said would put him off ever managing up here again. 

He had a very emotional interview where he stated that management in general had taken over his life and he wanted to spend more time with his family whom he feels he has missed out on.

6 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I'm lead to believe he's taking some time out and he can't stand the Scottish media, something he said would put him off ever managing up here again. 

He's literally in talks with you and howkin' himself for the job. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

50 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Incorrect.  He would need permission from Blackburn.

Blackburn aren't renewing his contract this summer so I would expect they'd be willing to give Mowbray some leeway to sort out other opportunities.

59 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Incorrect.  He would need permission from Blackburn.

He's out of contract and it's not being renewed.

Do the same rules apply to players and managers? i.e. can he negotiate with a new club in his last 6 months? It's never occurred to me to wonder.

21 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

He's out of contract and it's not being renewed.

Do the same rules apply to players and managers? i.e. can he negotiate with a new club in his last 6 months? It's never occurred to me to wonder.

If discussing a PCA they still have to inform the club they are speaking ie Falkirk telling Raith for McGlynn then getting him early doors.

23 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Blackburn aren't renewing his contract this summer so I would expect they'd be willing to give Mowbray some leeway to sort out other opportunities.

Of course they would, but we would still have to inform them and you would expect Blackburn to announce Mowbrays been allowed permission to speak with us.  We can't just talk to him as we like as he's still under contract at this time. 

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Of course they would, but we would still have to inform them and you would expect Blackburn to announce Mowbrays been allowed permission to speak with us.  We can't just talk to him as we like as he's still under contract at this time. 

Well, it's an internal SFA offence for a club to seek to entice the manager of another SFA member club to breach his contract but I'm not convinced that applies in every association, or between associations. What makes you think it does apply?

The fact that Mowbray's an employee of Blackburn certainly wouldn't imply any restriction in terms of employment law or contract law generally. Folk apply for other jobs all the time without needing their current employer's consent.

19 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Didn’t know that. 
He wouldn’t get the same attention or scrutiny as he would’ve had at Celtic. 

Well, it's an internal SFA offence for a club to seek to entice the manager of another SFA member club to breach his contract but I'm not convinced that applies in every association, or between associations. What makes you think it does apply?
The fact that Mowbray's an employee of Blackburn certainly wouldn't imply any restriction in terms of employment law or contract law generally. Folk apply for other jobs all the time without needing their current employer's consent.

enticing someone to not sign a new one after their current contract expires wouldn’t be the same as enticing them to break a contract

So even if he were at a Scottish club it would not break that rule.

It would be polite to ask though but with Blackburn certain of mid table respectability it probably doesn’t matter.

There is the possibility, of course, that he may be letting his name be linked publicly to other jobs in order to force Blackburn’s hand

13 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Didn’t know that. 
He wouldn’t get the same attention or scrutiny as he would’ve had at Celtic. 

I'd honestly forgotten he'd managed them. 😀

Was sitting wondering what press intrusion a Hibs coach could suffer to make such an impression.

Fucking hell. 😀

8 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

No he'a not.  Beat the unbeatable Champions league winners 4 times in two seasons. 

I'd say his record was pretty good for a Hibs coach. 2004-05 was a derby head-to-head draw and he got two wins in 2005-06. Did also get scudded 4-0, 4-0, 4-1, mind.

I really don't give that much of a hoot about the derby record.

In the hierarchy of priorities:

1: League position
2: 'Big games' (Cups, European qualifiers should we ever see the like again, friendlies against Norwich City)
3: Derby record

I admit it would be annoying over the course of say three seasons if we just got scudded every time but so long as we were in a satisfactory league position and possibly even getting European football I wouldn't really care that much, albeit in reality if we're getting scudded by Hearts every time there's a high chance we're not finishing above them in the league. 

11 hours ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

Mowbray has said today that he wants to continue in management, and reiterated that he expects to leave Blackburn. I’d be happy to see him back. 

Can't see him immediately going back into a job, sounds like he feels he's neglected his family for too long so I could see a year or so out the game for him