Hibs' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Hibernian's next permanent manager?   

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 19/04/2022 at 13:59, VictorOnopko said:

If the board are looking for dazzling powerpoint skills they should make sure Gary Caldwell gets a chance to shine.

However, he may later parp that as a former Scottish international he's decided he can only coach elite level players, and you will have to give him his jotters in a travel tavern in Penrith, like we did.

Powerpoint skills you say !!

2109971769_Untitleddesign(11).png.gallery.jpg.441f330de522f1c8439dcf9739b440c6.jpg

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Neil Warnock? 

Hes certainly mental enough, but I think he is too old  (in fact maybe actually retired).

I want a young mentalist that we can keep throughout the league and cup winning campaign of 202x .

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Tam McManus :lol: 

In that article he suggests that Cocu would be a risk and then puts forward Malky Mackay as "a safe pair of hands" for Hibs.

A safe pair of hands, unless of course you are asian, black, jewish, a woman, gay etc etc..............

Tams heart is in the right place, I am just not sure if his brain is.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

In that article he suggests that Cocu would be a risk and then puts forward Malky Mackay as "a safe pair of hands" for Hibs.

A safe pair of hands, unless of course you are asian, black, jewish, a woman, gay etc etc..............

McKay at the very least is a reasonable option. He’s clearly got something about him as a manager. 

I get all the arguments against him but suggesting him isn’t that unreasonable. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

McKay at the very least is a reasonable option. He’s clearly got something about him as a manager. 

I get all the arguments against him but suggesting him isn’t that unreasonable. 

Consider him, yes.

I dont disagree with what he has achieved at RC, and that certainly goes in the "pros" column.

Tam McManus skims over the "cons" using the word baggage. 

Maybe I am too much of a bearded sandal wearing leftie but I simply cant get past the stuff he said in those text messages.

I dont think I will be alone in that.

Just now, Leith Green said:

Consider him, yes.

I dont disagree with what he has achieved at RC, and that certainly goes in the "pros" column.

Tam McManus skims over the "cons" using the word baggage. 

Maybe I am too much of a bearded sandal wearing leftie but I simply cant get past the stuff he said in those text messages.

I dont think I will be alone in that.

No, you won’t be and that’s absolutely fine but others can get past it and I don’t think it’s a ridiculous suggestion from McManus. 

It’s a ridiculous suggestion in the sense that Hibs won’t get a penny of my cash while he’s there.

Its not a case of not fancying him as a manager, it’s a matter of the fact that the man is racist, homophobic, anti-semitic  and sexist, my mate that I sit with at Easter Road is gay, could I go along to games with him and cheer on a man who clearly has disdain for people based on their sexuality? Nope, that doesn’t sit right with me.

And based on the reaction online I’m far from alone.

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Malky is his mate and an apologist for his actions 

That is why he recommended him

Tam McManus: Isn’t it about time Malky Mackay’s critics gave him a second chance?

Malky Mackay tipped for Aberdeen job despite 'baggage'