Hibs' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Hibernian's next permanent manager?   

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well on board with the Roy Keane shouts but not for the Hibs da reasoning suggested.

Do I think he would be a long term success? No

Do I think if we don’t appoint him it’ll be yet another pish appointment that lasts 4-18 months and doesn’t achieve an awful lot? Definitely.

Bring Keane in, give us 12 months of laughs and box office entertainment before he resigns after guiding us to a 5th place finish and then listen to him cry to TalkSport for the following 6 months about how he was never backed properly.

Worth it for the patter? Yes imo.

If I had any faith that the board would bring in someone decent or if we were moving in a good direction then I would be totally against this but I’ve given up all faith in our board and ownership so if they’re gonna fail they may aswell give us a few laughs and some good fun while they do it.

6 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Well on board with the Roy Keane shouts but not for the Hibs da reasoning suggested.

Do I think he would be a long term success? No

Do I think if we don’t appoint him it’ll be yet another pish appointment that lasts 4-18 months and doesn’t achieve an awful lot? Definitely.

Bring Keane in, give us 12 months of laughs and box office entertainment before he resigns after guiding us to a 5th place finish and then listen to him cry to TalkSport for the following 6 months about how he was never backed properly.

Worth it for the patter? Yes imo.

If I had any faith that the board would bring in someone decent or if we were moving in a good direction then I would be totally against this but I’ve given up all faith in our board and ownership so if they’re gonna fail they may aswell give us a few laughs and some good fun while they do it.

Ffs :D that's a bit optimistic is it not?

Keano on a 1 year deal with most his wages being covered by a yank TV company to which he gives punditry for the WC in which Scotland England and USA are all in the same group.  Nap.   Hibernian manager ripping England on US tv would be great viewing. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

Roy Keane has had one managerial job that could be broadly deemed a success (Sunderland were second bottom of the Championship when he took over) and one that was a failure.

50:50 is a better ratio than many.

36 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The basis he's no a very good manager but would undoubtedly think it'd be a doddle then get angry when it's no a cake walk

He's only had two jobs in management.  One was a success.  Keane has already said at times he went into management too soon, perhaps in the time out he's added tools to assist him, you never know.  I don't particularly think Lennon or even Neislon are good managers either but it's about learning to get the best out of the players available and Keane for me could be able to do so.   His managerial record of taking Sunderland to the EPL is a better achievement than most manager in our league have managed also (apart from MM, no, not McGhee). 

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Seen a few fans saying they won’t be back if it’s Keane :lol: 

Utter weirdos mate.  The news that board wasn't going to stand for Maloney being pony and not trusting him based on nothing to turn it around after the summer transfer window hasn't seem to gone to well with some.    They want a super friendly cuddly club that gives a manager as long as possible (unless their name is Jack Ross) despite everything indicating they are fucking shan.  And now the big bad board have acted every single person with any slight baggage won't be good enough and they won't be spending their hard earned at the Vegan kiosk at Easter Road.  So there.

Get in Keane, McKay or Strachan in.  As a massive fan of USA in 1994 WC I'll be all for a Yank from that squad too.  So many possibilities and the best part is we aren't going to end up with Jim Goodwin. 

17 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Roy Keane probably earns more talking shite on television, why leave that for a difficult job with responsibility?

He's a horrific human being in just about every way so who knows what goes on in his mind, if he has an ounce of sanity left he will stay where he is (sadly for us viewers).

He will earn more or as much managing us and doing punditry for US TV at the World Cup.

Wooha.  A horrific human being in just about every way?   Hold your horses you nut job.  Murderer?  Rapist?  Pedo? Sex trafficker? drug dealer? Wife abuser? 

He's a former player that gives heated opinion you tool.   He's a horrific human being?  For f**k sake man :lol: 

31 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

How about Daniel Stendel? 

Treated shabbily by the Hearts and would relish the opportunity to shite on their doorstep.

Get a Ross County style co-manager situation with Ian Cathro - our very own Laurel and Hardy, Little and Large, the Gruesome Twosome. 

39 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It’s not going to be Keane

Pity, we could have revived this on the Fringe this year:

I, Keano - Wikipedia

Tagline: He Came. He Saw. He Went Home.

Keano: "Typical! If you fail to plan, then you’re planning to fail."
Packie Bonnerus: "But if you plan to fail, and you do fail, then surely you have succeeded?"