Hibs' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Hibernian's next permanent manager?   

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Roy Keane probably earns more talking shite on television, why leave that for a difficult job with responsibility?

He's a horrific human being in just about every way so who knows what goes on in his mind, if he has an ounce of sanity left he will stay where he is (sadly for us viewers).

Apart from the fact that Keane has not done anything of note as a manager, my biggest concern would be that - if results were not going his way - stories would emerge that Hibs owner had not backed Keane to the extent he expected, blah blah blah. i.e. the story and the narrative would be all about Keane.

I am not sure that a man who spent almost all of his career in England and all of his punditry based there has even the slightest clue what is needed or what the budgets would be at a club (which isnt called Celtic) up here.

It would certainly be entertaining, but I dont necessarily think that would be on the pitch.

On 19/04/2022 at 13:29, bdu98196 said:

Wont be inexperienced or ambitious youth types. Tried, tested and safe hands (with a dislke of Hearts, The Rangurs and anything not green & white) - welcome back to Scottish football Lenny Roy Keane with Brown in as his assistant.

New candidate - still ticking the key criteria though

If we end up giving this to Roy Keane then this will compound the idea that Ron doesn't know what he's doing. 

That said, perhaps that idea is already firmly cemented in the nation's psyche so maybe not that much of a concern?

Will it drive ticket sales? I think enough people will think how I'm thinking and as such whilst there might be demand for individual tickets at the beginning of the season, it likely won't draw many season tickets that weren't already planned as it doesn't look like addressing the chronic issue we have (whatever that is), but rather dangling something shiny and exciting in the hope of distracting from the cracks. 

He gives me Neil Lennon vibes, which generally means we may have some good times, not accomplish anything of real note, and it'll end in tears. 

That said it always ends in tears so, who knows.

Just now, Zing. said:

Roy Keane is 100% the Hibs da option for the job. He’ll go in and get those snowflakes telt type of thing. Exactly why some folk want Lennon back. 

Surely no Hibs fan really wants Lennon back?

That said, Roy Keane wouldn’t be much better.   You’ve got to think this is agent talk.   I do like Keane on the telly, though.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Surely no Hibs fan really wants Lennon back?

That said, Roy Keane wouldn’t be much better.   You’ve got to think this is agent talk.   I do like Keane on the telly, though.

There are definitely a few that would have him back. There was a fairly vocal group of them that basically turned into Neil Lennon fans instead of Hibs fans. Caused a few scuffles at games after he was punted and all sorts. 

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

Roy Keane is 100% the Hibs da option for the job. He’ll go in and get those snowflakes telt type of thing. Exactly why some folk want Lennon back. 

This Hibs Da doesn't want Roy Keane. Way too much of an absolute rocket who'd spend his time complaining about not getting enough financial backing.

As for Lennon, that ship has sailed.

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Apart from the fact that Keane has not done anything of note as a manager, my biggest concern would be that - if results were not going his way - stories would emerge that Hibs owner had not backed Keane to the extent he expected, blah blah blah. i.e. the story and the narrative would be all about Keane.

I am not sure that a man who spent almost all of his career in England and all of his punditry based there has even the slightest clue what is needed or what the budgets would be at a club (which isnt called Celtic) up here.

It would certainly be entertaining, but I dont necessarily think that would be on the pitch.

At least it won't be shite on and off the pitch then if it's fireworks off the pitch.  To be honest it's a hit or a miss with any appointment as being good on the pitch so lets go with Keane, see him cause carnage for a few months and at least be excited for the season to begin.  If it doesn't work out we can all blame it on Keane being a nutter and start again having had a bit of a laugh because lets face it, it's been dull as f**k since covid hit time.

12 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

What fun it is supporting Hibs. Really. Roy Keane? f**k me. Who next, Jedward? 

No idea about the utter psychopath Roy Keane, but Jedward are actually a decent laugh on Twitter. Pair of annoying cretins on camera, but Hibs' social media output would benefit greatly for having them on board.