Hibs' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Hibernian's next permanent manager?   

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 minutes ago, Darren said:

Not sure The Economist is the most reliable source, but this would be amusing

You might want to check some of this persons previous tweets on scottish football, full of drivel.

I dont think you will even find the tweeter listed in the Economist staff..................

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You might want to check some of this persons previous tweets on scottish football, full of drivel.

I dont think you will even find the tweeter listed in the Economist staff..................

That's a shame.

18 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Apologies for throwing in a serious suggestion, but why is Ian Murray not in the running? 

This has been bugging me too. I'm not saying Murray's necessarily going to be a frontrunner but why did Kevin Thomson (one years experience on a gigantic budget) immediately rocket to the top of the favourites list yet Murray (several years experience: promotion, potentially two whilst working on miniscule budgets) is barely even registering in conversations about the job...?

21 minutes ago, The Culag said:

This has been bugging me too. I'm not saying Murray's necessarily going to be a frontrunner but why did Kevin Thomson (one years experience on a gigantic budget) immediately rocket to the top of the favourites list yet Murray (several years experience: promotion, potentially two whilst working on miniscule budgets) is barely even registering in conversations about the job...?

I assume it is because he bombed at full-time level with St Mirren? His stock may rise if he gets Airdrie promoted. I doubt Hibs will have even considered him. 

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

I assume it is because he bombed at full-time level with St Mirren? His stock may rise if he gets Airdrie promoted. I doubt Hibs will have even considered him. 

He's full time at Airdrie though, all be it working with a hybrid system. Like I said I'm not suggesting he should be a favourite I'm just wondering what Thomson has over him.

2 minutes ago, The Culag said:

He's full time at Airdrie though, all be it working with a hybrid system. Like I said I'm not suggesting he should be a favourite I'm just wondering what Thomson has over him.

As I said, Thomson hasn't blown his chance at a full-time club yet.

6 minutes ago, jagfox said:

As I said, Thomson hasn't blown his chance at a full-time club yet.

So a 41 year old Ian Murray has "blown his chance" at a full time club. Do you think it's as black and white as that? Kevin Thomson has done great at Kelty but his budget probably just about surpasses the combined total of his competitors. I'll ask (for the third time), why does his achievement propel him so much higher in the reckoning than Murray, given the latters recent successes with Airdrie, not to mention his minor miracle of getting Dumbarton promoted to the Championship.

Edited by The Culag

Just now, The Culag said:

So a 41 year old Ian Murray has "blown his chance" at a full time club. Do you think it's as black and white as that? Kevin Thomson has done great at Kelty but his budget probably just about surpasses the combined total of his competitors. I'll ask (for the third time), why does his achievement propel him so much higher in the reckoning than Murray, given the latters recent successes with Airdrie, not to mention his minor miracle of getting Dumbarton promoted to the Championship.

Pretty much. It's a hard game if you have "failed" at a higher level.

Pretty much. It's a hard game if you have "failed" at a higher level.

Presume you are just skulking about other club's threads to stir it up. I'm glad I ended my 5 odd year long hiatus from this forum to be encountered by such weird logic. As much as I respect your opinion.

2 minutes ago, The Culag said:

Presume you are just skulking about other club's threads to stir it up. I'm glad I ended my 5 odd year long hiatus from this forum to be encountered by such weird logic. As much as I respect your opinion.

I don't know what is weird about it? It is part of the game. Some manager's get second chances at bigger clubs others don't. Murray may if he gets success (promotion) with Airdrie. Probably best if you go on another hiatus if you think I am stirring things up tbqhwy.

7 minutes ago, The Culag said:

It was Alan Adamson, with Jack Ross as his assistant, that won promotion. Murray saved us from certain relegation when he took over (only 5 points on the board at Christmas) in our first season up. In his second season we almost made the promotion play-offs and in his final season, the year Hearts, Hibs and Rangers were in the league, he had us safe from relegation with 6 games to go.

Probably because the bookies know that he's odds on favourite to end up at The Falkirk Stadium in the summer.

I don't know what is weird about it? It is part of the game. Some manager's get second chances at bigger clubs others don't. Murray may if he gets success (promotion) with Airdrie. Probably best if you go on another hiatus if you think I am stirring things up tbqhwy.

I just don't think you've answered the question directly about what Thomson has over Murray that makes him such a better candidate. If you think one year's experience on an astronomical budget trump's Murray's experience to date then that's where I have a right to scrutinise your logic, but not dismiss it.

4 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

It was Alan Adamson, with Jack Ross as his assistant, that won promotion. Murray saved us from certain relegation when he took over (only 5 points on the board at Christmas) in our first season up. In his second season we almost made the promotion play-offs and in his final season, the year Hearts, Hibs and Rangers were in the league, he had us safe from relegation with 6 games to go.

My mistake on the detail 🖐🏻 I knew he had had a successful time at Dumbarton in some capacity. Cheers

7 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
59 minutes ago, The Culag said:

Probably because the bookies know that he's odds on favourite to end up at The Falkirk Stadium in the summer.

Source?

Essentially I think Murray needs some more success at full time level in the Championship and then probably some in the Prem before being considered. He wouldn't have been too far off the job when Stubbs got it but in the period of time since he's not exactly been pulling up trees. 

Not saying he's not up to the job or won't be in time, but I do feel like he's one where his career at top flight level needs to see some progress before he's given a crack at Hibs.

I'd prefer him to Thompson, and wouldn't necessarily mind Thompson either, but this is all meaningless as there is only one true candidate for the job...

Warnock.jpeg?h=2904920a&itok=2iJR6M7o

"Cardiff boss Neil Warnock: ‘I’d love to manage Hearts or Hibs, and rival Celtic and Rangers’"

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/cardiff-boss-neil-warnock-id-love-manage-hearts-or-hibs-and-rival-celtic-and-rangers-642175

I don't know why this video is age restricted but its my go to these days. 

Even if its a disaster I want it to happen. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi