Refs have knickers in a twist!

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Every single fan of every single team in this league could give you multiple instances of horrific refereeing decisions going against their team - there is no conspiracy, the refs (and assistants) are just dreadful.

In OP's defence... I've never known it to happen in so many games in succession without anything to happen that would "even it out" in that time frame. It's quite the anomaly.

I think the conspiracy is against Imrie rather than Morton tho'

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

In OP's defence... I've never known it to happen in so many games in succession without anything to happen that would "even it out" in that time frame. It's quite the anomaly.

I think the conspiracy is against Imrie rather than Morton tho'

😳

FB_IMG_1644487773936.jpg

Welcome. You have reached the SFA Report a Referee Conspiracy hotline. We are unable to take your call right now but if you wish to leave a message please choose from the following menu:

If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.

If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.

If you have multiple personalities, press 3, 4, 5 and 6.

If you are paranoid, we know who you are and what you want. Stay on the line so we can trace your call.

If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be forwarded to the MotherShip.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press, nothing will make you happy any way.

If you are dyslexic, press 9696969696969696.

If you are bipolar, please leave a message after the beep or before the beep or after the beep. Please wait for the beep.

I'll be very wary on Friday night of the referee influence of our game.

As much as our heroics have created great publicity for the SPFL, a part-time team in the top flight will look bad which explains the measures already taken to try and keep us down (expanding to 5 subs, shifting our most crucial games to Friday nights etc) and we're still in there. 

They may need to get the refs to resort to drastic measures now and then they'll use it as confirmation of why we need VAR.

2 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

As much as our heroics have created great publicity for the SPFL, a part-time team in the top flight will look bad which explains the measures already taken to try and keep us down (expanding to 5 subs, shifting our most crucial games to Friday nights etc) and we're still in there. 

They may need to get the refs to resort to drastic measures now and then they'll use it as confirmation of why we need VAR.

How does expanding to 5 subs harm Arbroath?

I guess he feels a full time team with bigger budgets and deeper quality resources of their bench, like to pluck a wild random out of thin air Kilmarnock for example, might be favoured with a rule allowing sides to field more subs.

Killi have made enough of a hard job of this League so far to suggest there is not much in that believe.

3 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

Team at top of league gets selected for live TV games, who'd have thought?

3 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

14 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

I guess he feels a full time team with bigger budgets and deeper quality resources of their bench, like to pluck a wild random out of thin air Kilmarnock for example, might be favoured with a rule allowing sides to field more subs.  

That only makes sense if the quality on the bench is of equal, or not much less, skill that than the players on the bench. It arguably works the other way round. A club with a smaller budget, like Arbroath, can't afford to have a wasted wage so will have a smaller squad with a core of about... 16 players knowing that all 16 need to do a job. So everyone on the bench is of, mostly, equal quality to those on the pitch. 

The quality of the bench. as a whole, is irrelevant as to whether more subs is a benefit to larger squads. It's the quality of the bench in comparison to the starting XI that matters. Arbroath have the better deal in that regard.

Swankie, Linn or Wighton could have started that match instead of Hilson without a massive deficit to the quality of Arbroath's strike force. 

Kilmarnock, however, will line up with Shaw and Lafferty but, no matter who comes off the bench to replace one or both, is a clear drop in quality.