Scottish Cup 2022/23

Bonnyrigg have fitted 92 individual seats to area before the dressing rooms that already had bench seats.

They haven't a seated 'stand' in the sense it's small and uncovered.

Before:

b25lY21zOjRmZjAwMjI4LWFjOTktNDQxNC05MDZi

After:

FXzyB7QUUAYKKKf?format=jpg&name=small

Tranent have 44 covered:

DstwF1JWwAAwYL7?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 13/10/2022 at 16:07, craigkillie said:

Banks O'Dee fielded an ineligible player in their win over Turriff United, and have thus forfeited the tie. Turriff will now face Dunipace next weekend.

On 13/10/2022 at 16:09, welshbairn said:

On 13/10/2022 at 18:11, HibeeJibee said:

This intrigued me:

We have also recommended to the Scottish Football Association that a mandatory training scheme be created for all club secretaries and staff to help them become familiar with what they need to do.

Across the senior leagues there are usually a handful of ineligible player cases each season... in Scottish Cup it happens once every few seasons.

Does this justify compelling many hundreds of current and future club officials to do training as opposed to current approach of training-up successors, or it being voluntary?

On 13/10/2022 at 18:25, welshbairn said:

Looks like they're trying to make the person responsible not feel so bad about it. Club secretaries get zero recognition for what they do until they make an almighty fuckup like this.

On 14/10/2022 at 19:06, HibeeJibee said:

Turriff's views or actions have no bearing on whether BoD used an ineligible player or not, and there is no "protest" in the old-fashioned sense - indeed the word doesn't even appear in the cup rules or judicial panel protocol.

BoD specifically say it was a "registration error" resulting in somebody "not being properly registered".

Official Club Statement (banksodeefc.com)

Banks o' Dee FC subject to Highland League penalty due to Registration Error

Banks o' Dee President confirms that the recent player registration error within the Scottish Cup has also resulted in a 24 point deduction in the Highland League. Brian Winton, Club President, has made the following statement:

This is devastating news for all involved at Spain Park. I really feel for the management team and the players as they will be feeling badly let down. However, we win and lose together, we are a resilient organisation, so over time I am sure we will recover and be stronger for it. At times like this we have to be positive and focus on all the good things we have done in recent years. Yes, of course, this is a major set back for our season.

I have recommended as part of our Scottish Cup appeal that the SFA set up mandatory training for Club Secretaries. It is a critical position within a football club with harsh consequences when errors occur.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the Highland League office bearers and member clubs for the disruption this registration error has caused.

3 minutes ago, Death in Vegas said:

Getting Wick away moved to a Monday night would of been ideal …

You can't get home from Wick by public transport after a Saturday afternoon game anyway, unless you live in Thurso.

Something I’ve noticed is that the SFA have requested that the blackout be in force for 3rd round weekend, the only Saturday during the “Scottish” break for the World Cup. 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/blocked-broadcasting-hours/

This means clubs won’t be able to offer PPV.