Scottish Cup 2022/23

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Script.

And money.

We’ll get battered at Celtic Park*… and I couldn’t give a flying f**k.

Reveal hidden contents

* Unless script, as above.

Their crowds have not been great for third round games, either. I think from memory they've been as low as 15,000. Still, a modest pay day for you.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

You aren’t allowed to do this anymore I don’t think if your ground is licensed.

22-23 Rules:

“10. Grounds for Matches

10.4 A Home Club shall notify the Board in the event that it considers that its Registered Ground is unsuitable, for whatever reason, for the playing of a Match. The Board may, itself, determine that a Home Club’s Registered Ground is unsuitable, for whatever reason, for the playing of a Match. The Board has complete and sole authority to make such a determination either on its own motion or consequentially upon notification from a Club. In making a determination as to suitability of a Registered Ground for the playing of a Match, the Board may have regard to the criteria in Competition Rule 11 but it may also have regard to any other factor(s) it considers relevant. In the event that the Board makes a determination that a Registered Ground is unsuitable for the playing of a Match, then the Match in question shall be played at such alternative Registered Ground as is determined by the Board. In such circumstances the Clubs drawn to play in that Match shall, for all other purposes, retain their respective statuses of Home Club and Away Club as originally drawn.”

and

“11. Registered Ground Criteria

The Registered Ground of a Club participating in the Competition must:
11.1 beenclosedwithasuitablebarriertokeepspectatorsfromgainingentrytotheground without payment;
11.2 havethefollowingfacilitiesinsidethegroundandcloselyadjacenttotheplayingfield:
11.2.1 separate changing, showering and toilet facilities accommodation for home and visiting teams; and
11.2.2 separate changing, showering and toilet facilities accommodation for Match Officials;
11.3 comply with prevailing Health and Safety regulations, and, where applicable, have relevant certification issued by the local authority;
11.4 have appropriate facilities to provide refreshments for visiting players and Match Officials;
11.5 have adequate car parking provision for players and Match Officials;
11.6 have technical areas each capable of holding up to thirteen persons; and
11.7 have adequate toilet and catering facilities for spectators.”

So, yes, it could be moved.

The Wreckreation Ground at Drizzle and its car park get pretty near full when Pollok or Talbot have played there.

Given the likely level of interest in the Aberdeen game I'll be very surprised if there aren't moves to relocate it.

With Killie drawn at home too, maybe on the Monday there, or else to Ayr?

Edited by archieb

Their crowds have not been great for third round games, either. I think from memory they've been as low as 15,000. Still, a modest pay day for you.

Celtic's home cup ticket scheme has far more than 15,000 members however and they automatically get billed for all cup games so Morton will get a better pay day than that.

f**k Darvel. Spend thousands buying players from Forfar and having some nice changing rooms to pat themselves on the back on social media but do f**k all for their midden of a ground being able to host a simple cup tie. Everything from their w****r owner to their deluded manager annoys me and I hope they get dicked 23-0.

Shite draw for Sons tbh but at least it's an away day somewhere a bit different from usual. 

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

f**k Darvel. Spend thousands buying players from Forfar and having some nice changing rooms to pat themselves on the back on social media but do f**k all for their midden of a ground being able to host a simple cup tie. Everything from their w****r owner to their deluded manager annoys me and I hope they get dicked 23-0.

Aye, but apart from that...

I’ve always said that if we can’t get an outright ban on switching home fixtures in the cup, clubs should be forced to nominate their home ground ahead of the draw. Darvel would undoubtedly play every single club in the draw at their home midden, on a tattie field, with the exception of the city clubs. It isn’t fair to expect Livi to play on a dreadful surface in a tight ground, but others can get a nice cushy game at Rugby Park.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Shite draw for Sons tbh but at least it's an away day somewhere a bit different from usual. 

lol

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Premier Sports:
SJFC vs Rangers
Hibs vs Hearts

BBC:
Linlithgow vs Raith

Is my prediction. Surely, SURELY Premier or the BBC won’t be so stupid as to pick the Celtic game.

Premier Sports will absolutely pick the Celtic game. Have they ever not shown a game involving either cheek since they got the rights to the cup games in Scotland?

This game will go ahead at Darvel according to their chairman John Gall who has already tweeted saying that whilst they could make more money moving it elsewhere they want this played in Darvel for the people of Darvel.

Ground holds 2200, with 60 seated and hospitality for 18

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Darvel's no gonna shag ye m9. 

Premier Sports will absolutely pick the Celtic game. Have they ever not shown a game involving either cheek since they got the rights to the cup games in Scotland?

It isn't Premier Sports any more, we don't know if these new guys will have a different approach or not.