Scottish Cup 2022/23

Stirling Uni getting through not really helping that cause.

Not actually sure where Drumchapel would be playing their 4th Round game if they got a home tie - played in Drumchapel in previous rounds, but at Maryhill today due to work getting done. Feel like there was a rule about having to play at a licensed ground from R4 onwards but I might have made that up. Probably Firhill for a bigger team, but would they play somewhere else in Glasgow if it's not?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Ended up a 5-2 win for Darvel. Only the 11th time in Scottish Cup history (and 6th time since WWII) that a non-league side has scored 5 goals away from home against league opposition. The last one was Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale's 5-3 win over Stirling Albion in 2017/18 - before that it was Ross County against Queen of the South in 1990/91.

I can remember Ross County beating Alloa 5-3 and getting that famous tie with Rangers in the sixties as a result.  Pretty sure Caley hammered Stranraer but don’t remember the details.  What was the other one if that is right?

Caley beat Stranraer 5-2 in 1969/70 and also beat Cowdenbeath 5-3 in 1956/57.

Pre-war, there were wins for Duns against Edinburgh City, Inverness Citadel against Clackmannan and Queen's Park against St Bernard's. There was also a 5-5 draw for Babcock & Wilcox at King's Park and a 7-5 defeat for Airdrie away to Port Glasgow.

Not actually sure where Drumchapel would be playing their 4th Round game if they got a home tie - played in Drumchapel in previous rounds, but at Maryhill today due to work getting done. Feel like there was a rule about having to play at a licensed ground from R4 onwards but I might have made that up. Probably Firhill for a bigger team, but would they play somewhere else in Glasgow if it's not?

Have them go to Hamilton and try squeeze in 3 games in one day.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If it's not played on Saturday afternoon then Holm Park seems to be free.

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Drumchapel (tier 7) beating Edinburgh City (tier 3) must be all-time biggest levels gap, alongside Auchinleck (tier 6) beating Hamilton (tier 2) from last season?

Unless I'm mistaken, today we've seen both the biggest pyramid gaps for a match and a winning result. (previous biggest was Talbot-Hearts at 58)

Dunipace (85) v Cove Rangers (20) = 65 places (but they lost)

Drumchapel (88) v FC Edinburgh (27) = 61 places

And if they draw a Premiership or top half Championship side it'll surely be broken again. Must be the first time a tier 7 club has got this far?

There was indeed a special rule differentiating qualifiers grounds after R4, but it seems to have gone after 2018-19.

There was wriggle-room e.g. Bo'ness Utd hosted Arbroath in 2014-15 and Auchinleck hosted Ayr in 2018-19 both in R4; but they and Irvine Meadow were down to play R4 replays v Hearts and Hibs at Kilmarnock, while Bonnyrigg played Hibs at Tynecastle in 2016-17.

EDIT: upto 2017-18:

Registered Clubs
The grounds of Registered clubs participating in the Preliminary Round (if applicable), Round One, Round Two and Round Three are subject to the following minimum criteria:
a) The ground must be enclosed with a suitable barrier to keep spectators from gaining entry to the ground without payment.
b) The club must provide the following facilities inside the ground and closely adjacent to the playing field:
     1) Separate changing, showering and toilet facilities accommodation for home and visiting teams; and
     2) Separate changing, showering and toilet facilities accommodation for three match officials.
c) The ground must comply with prevailing Health and Safety regulations, and, where applicable, have relevant certification issued by the local authority.
d) Appropriate facilities to provide refreshments for visiting players and match officials.
e) Adequate car parking provision for players and match officials.
f) Technical areas capable of holding up to thirteen persons.
g) Adequate toilet and catering facilities for spectators.

Edited by HibeeJibee

R4 draw:

Premiership (12)
Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United, Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Rangers, Ross County, St Johnstone, St Mirren

Championship (9)
Arbroath, Cove Rangers, Dundee, Greenock Morton, Hamilton Academical, Inverness CT, Partick Thistle, Queen's Park, Raith Rovers

SPFL1 (3)
Alloa Athletic, Dunfermline Athletic, Falkirk

SPFL2 (3)
Dumbarton, Elgin City, Stenhousemuir

Lowland League (1)
University of Stirling

East of Scotland League (1)

Premier Division     Linlithgow Rose

West of Scotland League (2)

Premier Division     Darvel
First Division            Drumchapel United

tbc (1)
Ayr United/Pollok

In case anyone's expecting excitement Stirling Uni share with Stirling Albion. 

Although Forthbank is a perfectly nice ground with decent pies.

Uni's 2nd XI do play in the East of Scotland League at Gannochy but obviously they don't take part in the Scottish Cup.

I'm trying to do a Road to Hampden this year and was at Albion Rovers v Stirling Uni today(I was briefly a member of Stirling University Football Club when studying there). I haven't seen Morton at Cappielow since Meadowbank's last ever League game there so Morton v Stirling Uni would do for me.

The main problem with Forthbank is that it's not really in Stirling. The Uni would be an acceptable tie but not the epic away day that the Scottish Cup should dangle in front of every fanbase in the country at the next stage. 

We are next available to view at Fortress Cappielow on December 17th. Being neither a money-spinner nor a pushover for any opponent right now, we're perhaps the least popular option in Monday's draw. Long may that continue.

46 minutes ago, virginton said:

The main problem with Forthbank is that it's not really in Stirling. The Uni would be an acceptable tie but not the epic away day that the Scottish Cup should dangle in front of every fanbase in the country at the next stage. 

We are next available to view at Fortress Cappielow on December 17th. Being neither a money-spinner nor a pushover for any opponent right now, we're perhaps the least popular option in Monday's draw. Long may that continue.

Forthbank was in Stirling any time I visited.

Linlithgow or Celtic away please. I’ve nae idea if Linlithgow is a good away day but my cat is from there and things in this household could get a little tasty if that one comes to pass. Celtic away for the obvious reasons, I don’t suspect we’ll go that much further so we’ll take the pay day if we aren’t getting a winnable tie.