Scottish Cup 2022/23

I think Accies will comfortably dispatch EK - 3 tiers below. Say what you want about form, but losing to East Kilbride would probably be Accies worst defeat ever?
We literally lost 1-0 to Auchinleck in this round last season!

While Auchinleck have a longer history & more fans I'd reckon EK are at least same standard as them, if not better, would match most League 2 sides on their day & are higher up the pyramid than Talbot.

Lost 4-1 to Annan while in the Premiership too.
Lost 1-0 to Buckie way back in early 2000's but we were 3rd or 2nd Division at the time.

While most Accies fans will be hoping we have enough to beat EK I don't think any of us would be that surprised to see us crash out yet again!

3 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

While Auchinleck have a longer history & more fans I'd reckon EK are at least same standard as them, if not better, would match most League 2 sides on their day & are higher up the pyramid than Talbot.

Lost 1-0 to Buckie way back in early 2000's but we were 3rd or 2nd Division at the time.

While most Accies fans will be hoping we have enough to beat EK I don't think any of us would be that surprised to see us crash out yet again!

Doubt a lot of these knock outs can really be classed as giant killings.

Organised part time clubs from a pyramid that has still to play out in the long run.

If EK win it's hardly a massive shock.

I'm sure Buckie was 2-0 but we were Third Division, and went on to win it, while they were technically just one tier below us. Annan 4-1 and last year will take some beating but a home defeat to a LL side would probably top those two. As long as he plays the strongest possible side available to him, unlike Taylor's disgrace last season.

In fairness, Talbot have taken a fair few scalps at Beechwood. I’d say losing at home to a team 3 tiers (albeit a decent LL side) below you would be worse purely because you’re at home. Different story if it were in EK.

In fairness, Talbot have taken a fair few scalps at Beechwood. I’d say losing at home to a team 3 tiers (albeit a decent LL side) below you would be worse purely because you’re at home. Different story if it were in EK.
You've not seen our recent home record [emoji23]

Tuned into Sportsound for "Scottish Cup 3rd round coverage". 40 minutes of chat about Rangers so far. Waste of time, turned it off again. Good chance to promote non-Premier teams, to talk about all the potential shocks and instead it's endless Old Firm coverage.

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Tuned into Sportsound for "Scottish Cup 3rd round coverage". 40 minutes of chat about Rangers so far. Waste of time, turned it off again. Good chance to promote non-Premier teams, to talk about all the potential shocks and instead it's endless Old Firm coverage.

It's so pointless. Rangers don't have a game today, or for a few weeks, so their fans are less likely to be listening. Folk who might be listening who don't normally are fans of Drumchapel, Darvel, Hill of Beath etc who probably thought they'd be featured for once.

Edited by Salvo Montalbano

9 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

I think you're safely through now at 4-0. 😃 I did see this as a banana skin, though.

Doubt a lot of these knock outs can really be classed as giant killings.
Organised part time clubs from a pyramid that has still to play out in the long run.
If EK win it's hardly a massive shock.

East Kilbride have had 8 years to get promoted from the Lowland League and haven't managed it yet, it clearly would be a shock because that's about their level.

Ended up a 5-2 win for Darvel. Only the 11th time in Scottish Cup history (and 6th time since WWII) that a non-league side has scored 5 goals away from home against league opposition. The last one was Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale's 5-3 win over Stirling Albion in 2017/18 - before that it was Ross County against Queen of the South in 1990/91.