Scottish Cup 2022/23

23 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

As the wife and bairn are pissing off for the weekend of 26th i am planning to participate in the Elgin City rumble at Hill of Beath, wherever the f**k that is. 

HOB tweeted earlier. Game OFF. Then deleted tweet. Mustn't know it's the match ref who decides. 

Absolutely relishing this weekend's Cup football. :)

Considering the Drumchapel game, which I believe is being played at Maryhill.

If Airdrieonians play to their potential, they can get something at Dundee.

Hill of Beath Hawthorn have one of the most curious names of any football club ever, surely? Being at home they can surely beat Elgin, no?

The tie of the round has to be Pollock away to Ayr. Unfortunately I just cannae see them getting anything, especially the season Ayr are having.

On 22/11/2022 at 09:34, Matty-RCFC said:

I don’t foresee there being too many upsets this weekend. My candidates would be Stirling Uni, Hill of Beath and Formartine to potentially get something off of higher league opposition.

I've seen Formartine 3 times this season and each time they looked limited. I'd be surprised if L2 Stenny don't turn them over.

Hester should run riot against the Beath back line .

Stirling Uni could turn over the Wee Rovers even with them picking up points recently and not looking like club 42.

Broch could push Arbroath close but having seen the home side a few times over the last couple of months they aren't as strong as the last couple of years imo and are vulnerable at centre back with Simpson and Hay

Edited by CoveRangers1922

On 22/11/2022 at 21:36, cdhafc1874 said:

EK to beat us has to be a shout...

EK definitely have enough SPFL experience and attacking threat to cause a threat to Accies who aren't watertight at the back. Mind you play like you did against Ayr a couple of Fridays ago then you're justifiably favourites and should be in the 4th round draw

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

EK definitely have enough SPFL experience and attacking threat to cause a threat to Accies who aren't watertight at the back. Mind you play like you did against Ayr a couple of Fridays ago then you're justifiably favourites and should be in the 4th round draw

Two of our best players that night, Doyle and Lawson, are out injured. Got the fear for this one.

2 minutes ago, Owsley said:

Two of our best players that night, Doyle and Lawson, are out injured. Got the fear for this one.

They are big misses. Steve Lawson I really like, got pace, some attacking threat and good position/awareness. 

EK with McHugh and Joao Victoria are capable of scoring a few. A few ex-Accies in their side as well in Munro, Hughes and Page which always add something extra as well as it being a relatively local derby. Should be a good game but can understand your nerves.

Snapped up the 13/2 that was available on EK to beat us & have fired £10 on it.

McHugh ex-Well to score along with any 1 of the ex-Accies players in the EK squad.

Accies are so weak defensively EK will know to have a go at us as they will create chances & if they score first I doubt our ability to come back.

2-1 EK is in the 40/1 bracket if anyone is interested in going for the exact scoreline too.

Maybe I'm wrong & Accies will get through but not confident at all of the squad's ability to win any match just now!