Scottish Cup 2022/23

36 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Only requirement in the SFA Handbook seems to be:

“15.8 A Home Club shall ensure that for any Match which is played or is to be played at its Registered Ground:

15.8.1 goal nets and corner flags shall be used;”

Seems a bit dodgy.

Licensing states(which is why polock qualify)

‘Nets shall be suspended from the rear posts behind the goals to provide an even shape of the goal net‘

Anyway instead of talking of minute licensing requirements that was an excellent game of football, congratulations polock. Go smash those Ayrshire bumpkins and give the next round a decent away tie.

28 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

No pitch invasion, but that WAS a fantastic match. Pollok deserved winners. 

Tbh, It's not as if a WoSFL team beating a team from a higher division in the cup is a rarity in recent times. 

Edited by C4mmy31

Cracking result for Pollok.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I don’t think they have any seats, a requirement for be spfl I believe. 

Seats aren't actually required at any SPFL level... However in practice every SPFL, Highland and Lowland club has covered seats except Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness Utd and Tranent (IIRC).

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

That's Benburb's New Tinto Park

Albeit they've since sold that stand to Kilwinning (IIRC?).

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Slightly surprised these were approved by the licensing committee, you’re meant to have the modern squared off type,  guess they have got a bit of dispensation as the net area is still reasonably deep and and the net fairly tight.

I was surprised to see goals with 'lugs' still in use last season. Can't remember where but think it was a big EOS Premier ground... Linlithgow? Broxburn? somewhere among the Fife clubs?

Edited by HibeeJibee

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Slightly surprised these were approved by the licensing committee, you’re meant to have the modern squared off type,  guess they have got a bit of dispensation as the net area is still reasonably deep and and the net fairly tight.

If it had been berwick getting beat instead of Annan. There would have been a protest in by now.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Cracking result for Pollok.

Seats aren't actually required at any SPFL level... However in practice every SPFL, Highland and Lowland club has covered seats except Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness Utd and Tranent (IIRC).

Albeit they've since sold that stand to Kilwinning (IIRC?).

I was surprised to see goals with 'lugs' still in use last season. Can't remember where but think it was a big EOS Premier ground... Linlithgow? Broxburn? somewhere among the Fife clubs?

Tranent have covered seats

IMG_20220522_142453150.thumb.jpg.a8a42807b8fcd5ad6b8337d964f0337d.jpg

For those enjoying old fashioned goals Pumpherston still had square posts when I last visited (summer 2021)

15 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Pishing @ the retro stanchions in the goals. You don’t see them anymore. 

I was at Dundee St James v Forfar West End on Saturday and like most of the crowd and players i am sure a 30 yard free kick was tipped onto the stanchion by the Forfar keeper and then it bounced out and the ref waved play on. Thankfully St James won the game 1-0