Scottish Cup 2022/23

Pollok played in the Scottish Cup a couple of times before as West Superleague champions. They thumped St Cuthbert Wanderers then lost to Montrose after a replay; following year they lost to Spartans after a replay. Their only actual victory was in Kirkcudbright.

I see Tower Hearts have scratched from the Scottish Amateur Cup this weekend.

No league game the next week then still have a tie listed the week after in the West of Scotland Amateur Cup.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's their first time as a licensed club but they played in it as West Superleague winners in 2007/08 and 2008/09. I think Newlandsfield is exactly the sort of ground that the BBC should be broadcasting from at this stage though - it'll be a big crowd and it'll look great under the lights.

Pollok's capacity is capped at 900 now for some reason

10 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Probably because the licensing committee have actually had a proper look at the place and given it an appropriate capacity based on entry/exit points, toilets, appropriate standing space etc. The green guide lists the full process. 

Before that’s done capacity is often just based on someone’s random estimate, often 100 + years old

Yeah, shame as would easily break 1000 for bigger games. Tried to ask what why and what could be done to increase it. With the new toilet block the entrance/exit on that side is significantly restricted so that may be a factor

1 hour ago, glasgow-sheep said:
On 01/09/2022 at 22:51, Wile E Coyote said:

Yeah, shame as would easily break 1000 for bigger games. Tried to ask what why and what could be done to increase it. With the new toilet block the entrance/exit on that side is significantly restricted so that may be a factor

Probably to do with the entrance and exits as part of their license.

Woohoo!

Monday 12 September 2022
Following confirmation of the postponement of all fixtures in the professional game across Scotland last weekend as a mark of respect for the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, we can confirm the intention for the professional game to resume as normal.

Fixtures will go ahead, subject to Police Scotland resourcing, with the caveat that any fixtures under the professional banner be rescheduled if they fall on Monday September 19, the day of Her Majesty’s funeral. 

This week, as a mark of respect and in keeping with the period of National Mourning, home clubs may wish to hold a period of silence and/or play the National Anthem just ahead of kick-off, and players may wish to wear black armbands.

We thank clubs and league organisations for the mark of respect shown at the weekend and for their efforts in resuming the professional game fixture schedule.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/professional-game-to-resume/?rid=14258

On 01/09/2022 at 15:21, craigkillie said:

It's their first time as a licensed club but they played in it as West Superleague winners in 2007/08 and 2008/09. I think Newlandsfield is exactly the sort of ground that the BBC should be broadcasting from at this stage though - it'll be a big crowd and it'll look great under the lights.

My apologies. First time in the cup in a while is what I should have said.

5 hours ago, resk said:

Pollok v Huntly now no longer on the telly due to BBC Scotland redirecting all their resources into interviewing people in the street about how great the Queen was.  

The BBC do their Scottish cup matches in-house, so I bet the outside broadcast units have been commandeered by the network to cover events in London. 

23 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Shocking that the Cup game has been pulled by BBC in favour of every outside broadcast unit going to London. Way over the top how we are being force fed this funeral. Are all the cup games being taken off the tv ?  

They're still showing a live game from FA Cup Qualifying at lunchtime on Saturday I think.

So, what are the cameras currently live-broadcasting The Nine doing tomorrow night? Where are they going?

Absolute shambles from a tinpot organisation, now leaving both teams, but especially Huntly, hugely inconvenienced by a Friday Night kick-off that suited only the BBC.

So, what are the cameras currently live-broadcasting The Nine doing tomorrow night? Where are they going?
Absolute shambles from a tinpot organisation, now leaving both teams, but especially Huntly, hugely inconvenienced by a Friday Night kick-off that suited only the BBC.

Agree with all you say but could they not have moved the game back to the Saturday?

14 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

I suspect it's not the cameras that are the issue - more the outside broadcast unit.

My guess would be that the BBC don't actually own the units that they use for the games and they'll have been taken over for use elsewhere - probably by overseas TV companies.

1 hour ago, true_rover said:

I suspect it's not the cameras that are the issue - more the outside broadcast unit.

My guess would be that the BBC don't actually own the units that they use for the games and they'll have been taken over for use elsewhere - probably by overseas TV companies.

They could have just sent someone round with a ball watching camera, laptop and microphone and streamed it on iplayer..