NRJFA Reconstruction

Alwaysthebridesmaid

Anyone think that the change in status - so clubs can call themselves seniors as well as juniors - makes any difference at all to clubs being revived/returning to the league? Does that seniors tag carry any weight?

Further ahead, the ability to go for licencing could encourage a few clubs to go for that, as they have the security of being in a pyramid league which can lead to licencing.

I don't think the Senior/Junior distinction has ever meant very much in the North, especially now that the Champions of the North Caledonian League are the only ones in tier 6 not to qualify for the Scottish Cup, licensed or not, and the Junior Scottish Cup has become niche entertainment for the stragglers.

On 25/04/2022 at 23:36, Dev said:

Anyone think that the change in status - so clubs can call themselves seniors as well as juniors - makes any difference at all to clubs being revived/returning to the league? Does that seniors tag carry any weight?

Further ahead, the ability to go for licencing could encourage a few clubs to go for that, as they have the security of being in a pyramid league which can lead to licencing.

I think 75% of junior teams in the NRJFA won’t have being licensed even close to top of their agenda. I think the big stumbling block is floodlights, think Hermes, Aberdeen Uni and Longside are the only clubs with them up here? Culter have on their training ground but not pitch. I’ve seen this season how far the second two of those are from promotion to highland league and therefore needing licensed. Does anyone know the exact criteria? Could be a saving grace for HL clubs that their could continually be unlicensed winners of the feeder leagues 

Dyce have floodlights now. Not sure of the SFA rules but I think the HL ask for a covered stand holding a hundred minimum. I get the impression that the biggest hurdles are to do with keeping up with the paper work even more so than developing the infrastructure.

1 hour ago, ScottishZizou said:

I think the big stumbling block is floodlights, think Hermes, Aberdeen Uni and Longside are the only clubs with them up here?

The ones I can think of (no guarantee of function or adequacy):

• Aberdeen University
  • Burghead Thistle*
  • Deveronside
  • Fraserburgh Utd
  • Hermes
  • Longside
  • Montrose Roselea

*More training lights

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I think the HL ask for a covered stand holding a hundred minimum

Entry level licence required, ground criteria are in @Ginaro's link. HFL used to additionally ask for floodlights, but they are now required in the licencing criteria.

27 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

• Aberdeen University
  • Burghead Thistle*
  • Deveronside
  • Fraserburgh Utd
  • Hermes
  • Longside
  • Montrose Roselea

*More training lights

Entry level licence required, ground criteria are in @Ginaro's link. HFL used to additionally ask for floodlights, but they are now required in the licencing criteria.

Montrose Roselea should be no problem with licence as they play at Links Park home of Montrose FC, unless someone can throw light on it

47 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

• Aberdeen University
  • Burghead Thistle*
  • Deveronside
  • Fraserburgh Utd
  • Hermes
  • Longside
  • Montrose Roselea

*More training lights

The 7 clubs you mention are the same ones I had with lights - a quarter of the NJ clubs had lights prior to BOD leaving for the HL.

Hopefully in time some of those will look towards licensing although facilities tend to be a bit more basic in the NJ's.

On 25/04/2022 at 12:38, Jimmy Shaker said:

The Lossie United one is legit, although I was told the boy behind the rest had wanted to do the same with LUJFC, whatever it is he’s doing. 

Hope United become bigger and better then Lossiemouth...Boy would you be crying

14 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Entry level licence required, ground criteria are in @Ginaro's link. 

The SFA just require cover for a hundred people, seated or standing. Every Highland League ground has seating. Given the average age of the fan base I'd say it was pretty well essential. :)

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The SFA just require cover for a hundred people, seated or standing. Every Highland League ground has seating. Given the average age of the fan base I'd say it was pretty well essential. :)

I'm not sure the HFL require seating, although I agree it's pretty essential! I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a mandatory part of the licencing criteria in the near future as it is.

22 hours ago, kevsmart said:

Montrose Roselea should be no problem with licence as they play at Links Park home of Montrose FC, unless someone can throw light on it

Some games this season were played at Broomfield Park.  The issue for Lea appears not to be about licensing but about finance to progress and off-field personnel.

22 hours ago, kevsmart said:

I'm sure there are floodlights at Links Park?

36 minutes ago, MO7S said:

Some games this season were played at Broomfield Park.  The issue for Lea appears not to be about licensing but about finance to progress and off-field personnel.

I've been at one of those games at Broomfield Park. But that they have to play there sometimes might be an issue with licensing as well? I'd assume to get licensed, they should be able to play every game at Links Park.

51 minutes ago, Marten said:

I've been at one of those games at Broomfield Park. But that they have to play there sometimes might be an issue with licensing as well? I'd assume to get licensed, they should be able to play every game at Links Park.

Yes, you're meant to play every home game at your licenced ground.  The SFA don't want clubs playing out of public parks 90% of the time and then renting a ground for Scottish cup ties.

Reminder for everyone tho,  Ground requirements are a very small part of licencing, they take the headlines but there is so much more needed. Playing at a ground used by another licenced club doesn't mean licencing will be easy.

The administrative side shouldn't be underestimated obviously but if the will is there to put all the work in it can be done at that point unlike with the ground on something like floodlights. Think in Montrose Roselea's case there have been indications either on here or in the media that the will isn't there to push things further as things stand at the moment because Montrose is a relatively small town and already has an SPFL club. 

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The administrative side shouldn't be underestimated obviously but if the will is there to put all the work in it can be done at that point unlike with the ground on something like floodlights. Think in Montrose Roselea's case there have been indications either on here or in the media that the will isn't there to push things further as things stand at the moment because Montrose is a relatively small town and already has an SPFL club. 

You appear to know sod all lad