NRJFA Reconstruction

Alwaysthebridesmaid

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sometimes "wait and see" is the best policy rather than trying to cover every possible contingency.

Despite this sage advice...

...I know little to nothing about the ammies in the old "Grampian" region. Is there anyone kicking about who would want to move over in the short to medium term? I can't even think of any towns that aren't well covered in the pyramid in those parts... Findhorn Ecovillage mibees?

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I wouldn't overthink things. Next season's 14-16+ will be doable as there's no real time constraint on the Championship. It's just going to be the Top 4 promoted automatically. They're not going to pass 20 teams at that level. It's only looking possibly 19 if the abeyances come back and this rumour of Lossiemouth United.

It will then be a case of wait and see if it needs tweaked. Something not explained in that blurb is what will happen if the North Region ends up with a +1 team following next season's HL Playoff.

If there is a relegated Highland League side then one less side is promoted from the Championship to Premier as a contingency 

22 minutes ago, tellyboy said:

If there is a relegated Highland League side then one less side is promoted from the Championship to Premier as a contingency 

And if there is a promoted NRJFA side like this season - will Maud be reprieved or 3rd in the First Division promoted?

On 18/04/2022 at 20:05, tellyboy said:

...There are 31 teams in the North now and if Banks o Dee beat Fort William in the two playoff games then Maud will survive being relegated. There might be some issues if the teams in abeyance rejoin and some new teams come in as the lower League could become too big as will start with 16 as it is at the moment. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Not sure of the history of all the cups that have been run to make up the number of league fixtures, but looks like they're going to have drop some, just wondering if there are any that will be missed?

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Guess that confirms there is no River Spey boundary between the NCL and North Region if there was any lingering doubt over that. Will be interesting to whether a Lossie vs Lossie Utd league derby game happens before an Elgin City vs Lossie one does in the years ahead.

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think there used to be a team playing there called Bishopmill United right next to where New Elgin have their pitch.

Bishopmill Utd used to play at Deanshaugh (in Bishopmill), but it was constantly waterlogged and the club moved out some time in the mid 2000s to Pinefield (top pitch), supposedly temporarily until the council completed works, which never really happened. They dumped spoil from flood defence work, but it was never properly finished. Bishopmill ended up putting a fence around their "temporary" Pinefield pitch, to meet NRJFA regulations, but then went into abeyance and never returned about a decade ago. New Elgin play on on the bottom pitch at Pinefield, now renamed Nicol-Togneri Park.

I've never heard of Elgin Utd. I can't even remember there being a welfare team of the same name in recent years. Good luck to them, hopefully not just a flash in the pan.

Edited by Cyclizine

6 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

With the results New Elgin have had these last few years you wonder why bother with another junior team in Elgin!

It's a fair point. Interesting to see where their player pool comes from. Hopefully this isn't just a real-life Football Manager attempt and they actually have some backing.

56 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I wouldn't get any hopes up around Elgin United. Unless you believe in a mysterious American benefactor starting 3 clubs in one year and putting a couple of soon to be 16 year olds in charge of the team.

http://elginutd.team/

https://souths.team/

https://metros.team/

So it is an attempt at a real-life Football Manager game. I share your skepticism.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think there's any real life about it, a teenage prank most likely.

http://elginutd.team/behind-the-scenes/

It's a bit more than a kid's prank. If you watch the investor video there's some actual adults involved in this :) Although it was done before Elgin United was a thing.

https://wefunder.com/southshorefootballclub2/buzz