22/23 fixtures

I'm perhaps not asking this in the correct place but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of the dates for the various match days for next season?  I'm aware there's quite a bit of disruption and change from the normal happening due to the World Cup.

You can basically plug them in from what's given surely? More or less every Saturday in between those dates, excluding those for the Scottish Cup, then chuck in a couple of New Year ones and however many non-UEFA midweeks are needed to fill the gaps. You're not going to get more than that right now.

Slightly different but will the fixtures assume the same top six will occur as this year, that seems to be the method, or will they reposition Aberdeen and Hibs on the basis they cannot have a shocker two years in a row?

57 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Thanks, I've always found it odd that this kind of information isn't widely shared before fixtures are released, would maybe allow fans to plan their lives a bit easier.

How would fans know who they're playing or whether Sky would pick those games up? 

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Slightly different but will the fixtures assume the same top six will occur as this year, that seems to be the method, or will they reposition Aberdeen and Hibs on the basis they cannot have a shocker two years in a row?

Don't they just swap the 1st 33 fixtures round? Teams you played twice at home this season will only be once next.

11 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Don't they just swap the 1st 33 fixtures round? Teams you played twice at home this season will only be once next.

I suspect there’s only one fixture that’s given that degree of reverence.

2 hours ago, starryfish said:

Not sure I understand you?

You're asking so fans could plan their weekends out in advance but if the dates were released now - they still wouldn't be able to as Sky/BT can and do change dates of FIXTURES for viewing. 

36 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You're asking so fans could plan their weekends out in advance but if the dates were released now - they still wouldn't be able to as Sky/BT can and do change dates of FIXTURES for viewing. 

Fully aware of that however an indication of potential match day dates would be helpful.

Fully aware of that however an indication of potential match day dates would be helpful.

They’ve revealed when the league starts, when it ends and when it stops for the World Cup. From there, you can work it out with probably 90+% accuracy. Why would anyone need more details than that at this stage, given that the teams aren’t even confirmed yet?

29 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

They’ve revealed when the league starts, when it ends and when it stops for the World Cup. From there, you can work it out with probably 90+% accuracy. Why would anyone need more details than that at this stage, given that the teams aren’t even confirmed yet?

The point is that this information is bound to have already been decided - why couldn't the SPFL have released it when they made their announcement about key dates?

3 minutes ago, starryfish said:

The point is that this information is bound to have already been decided - why couldn't the SPFL have released it when they made their announcement about key dates?

Take the pre-World Cup stage for example.

Season starts on July 30th, stops on November 12th. That's 16 weekends, the international break is the weekend of 24th September, the other 15 weekends will be used for SPFL fixtures, thats 15 matchdays. November 12th is MD16 so there must be one round of midweek fixtures before the World Cup. We know the dates for the League Cup, European fixtures and the international break. The only free midweek after all those are taken out is, from a quick glance, November 8th/9th. So presumably that will be MD15. There might be a mistake or two in there but that's more or less how its going to work out.

I'm sure you can do the same with the post World Cup section, might have to take a guess at Scottish Cup dates but you can predict them with a reasonable degree of confidence based on previous years. Its not like there are a huge number of gaps in the calendar, its safe to assume that every weekend and all but a couple of midweeks during the season will be used for something.

The point being that they more or less have been released, you just have to do a bit of working out yourself.

On 18/04/2022 at 09:14, starryfish said:

I'm perhaps not asking this in the correct place but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of the dates for the various match days for next season?  I'm aware there's quite a bit of disruption and change from the normal happening due to the World Cup.

There will be 38 x match dates planned. You then simply have to perm them with the published dates for the Europa/Conference leagues,  and wait til 4 days notice on a weekly basis to see if Rangers want to change them. Simple really.

Edited by 'WellDel

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/04/2022 at 09:14, starryfish said:

Just a rough guess using the dates provided from the SPFL.

30th July

6th August

13th August

20th August

27th August

3rd September

10th September

17th September

1st October

8th October

15th October

22nd October