Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Scottish Cup final 2022

Darren

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Well, well, well...

How much will the Europa League Final impact on this? Win or lose, what state will Rangers be in - both physically and psychologically?

No sure about the team 

but if we win it there is a good chance  I will still be stumbling round Spain in my union flag boxers and sombrero by the Scottish cup Saturday clutching a Luke warm Sam Miguel 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's Hearts sold out in 20 minutes this morning.

I must say, I for one am quite excited.

Gonna be a few tears from folk missing out. Could have sold double.

10 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Gonna be a few tears from folk missing out. Could have sold double.

Aye. As I expected some good Hearts men and women I know of have missed out. Hopefully the secondary market shuffles around and seats become available.

Very poor organisation here from Hearts though. They've shafted a lot of people with good LP totals.

Absolutely baffling to me that Hearts have a long-standing LP system and then basically shove it in the bin for a cup final.

Edited by VincentGuerin

• Europa League Final on the Wednesday
  • Back in Scotland on the Friday
  • Scottish Cup Final the day after
  • Away to the Amalfi Coast on the Tuesday

Going to be a ridiculous few weeks but not exactly kind on the bank account.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Glad to have got my ticket that was absolutely carnage this morning, stress levels still haven't reset.

Everyone in my immediate circle has a ticket, which is a relief as we had a few in the Phase 2 today that it would have been really rough to see miss out. Would have taken the shine off the day for some of our group to not be there or to be there but be nervous about getting a ticket outside etc.

A few friends of friends etc who 100% are in our top 22,000 fans have missed out though. I feel for those on 100 or so LPs who haven't got in. That should simply never happen and makes the whole LP system a joke.

Still. Can't fucking wait.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Everyone in my immediate circle has a ticket, which is a relief as we had a few in the Phase 2 today that it would have been really rough to see miss out. Would have taken the shine off the day for some of our group to not be there or to be there but be nervous about getting a ticket outside etc.
A few friends of friends etc who 100% are in our top 22,000 fans have missed out though. I feel for those on 100 or so LPs who haven't got in. That should simply never happen and makes the whole LP system a joke.
Had someone get mine from the ticket office this morning so getting the notification saying sold out and then a text saying the machines inside the TO had crashed all before I actually got my tickets was a wee bit too much stress for me.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Had someone get mine from the ticket office this morning so getting the notification saying sold out and then a text saying the machines inside the TO had crashed all before I actually got my tickets was a wee bit too much stress for me.

I already had my ticket in phase 1, but was sorting for 6 others today. Logged in, got 6 tickets no bother. But when I tried to assign them, it was telling me the ST holder's references I was using had already exceeded their amount of allocated tickets, which wasn't the case.  Couldn't resolve it and online showed as sold out. Website was a shambles.

My brother saved the day by rushing to the TO and joining the queue though. Looks like after closing online sales they kept a batch for those in the queue. He ended up with restricted view seats but better than not going.
No idea why the allocation in phase 1 and 2 wasn't 1 ticket per person and dictated by LP's tbh.

I already had my ticket in phase 1, but was sorting for 6 others today. Logged in, got 6 tickets no bother. But when I tried to assign them, it was telling me the ST holder's references I was using had already exceeded their amount of allocated tickets, which wasn't the case.  Couldn't resolve it and online showed as sold out. Website was a shambles.

My brother saved the day by rushing to the TO and joining the queue though. Looks like after closing online sales they kept a batch for those in the queue. He ended up with restricted view seats but better than not going.
No idea why the allocation in phase 1 and 2 wasn't 1 ticket per person and dictated by LP's tbh.
I believe they kept 2000 tickets for ticket office purchases. I've heard other people had the exact same issue as you, may have just been the sheer demand causing errors, good to hear you got it all sorted albeit with restricted view.

ETA I don't ever remember there being demand like this for any hearts games.

Aye, it's not been like this for ages. I mind tickets being like gold dust for the 96 final, but in 2019 sales were slow.

We couldn’t get tickets for the hearts end in ‘96

My dad managed to find tickets for the Rangers end at the last minute but thankfully this was before I had a mobile so he couldn’t get hold of me and I missed it

18 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We couldn’t get tickets for the hearts end in ‘96

My dad managed to find tickets for the Rangers end at the last minute but thankfully this was before I had a mobile so he couldn’t get hold of me and I missed it

You lucked out there.

Horrendous summer. That cup final followed by the Scotland - England game at the Euros.

Horrendous.

Rangers are clear favourites etc…

How are we feeling about this though, lads?

I think it will be a close scoreline, but the stats will be in Sevco’s favour.

We could win another Scottish Cup here.

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Rangers are clear favourites etc…

How are we feeling about this though, lads?

I think it will be a close scoreline, but the stats will be in Sevco’s favour.

We could win another Scottish Cup here.

I think that if Halkett is fit and we don't get anymore injuries then I fancy our chances tbh.   They will be knackered mentally and physically after Europa final so its a fantastic opportunity for us.  Need to take our chances though.

Hearts have received an extra 600 tickets which will go on sale on friday, in person ticket office purchases only and need to meet the requirements of phase 2 (120LP, ST or attended semi) for anyone that may have missed out but I'd be there very early for anyone wanting one of these tickets.