Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Scottish Cup final 2022

Darren

Weird incident on the train home, some Rangers fan who was travelling on his own was talking to us about the game. He seemed absolutely fine and was pretty reasoned in his assessment of the game etc,  then out the blue he made some absolutely ridiculous racist comments about Calvin Bassey. We told him what we thought of his comments, he apologised, said it was a "laugh" and we shouldn't be so PC.  So we told him to stop talking to us. Then when it was his stop he jumped up and offered all 5 of us off the train for a square go 🤣

All came from absolutely nowhere. He wasn't even drunk or anything. Cretin.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Then when it was his stop he jumped up and offered all 5 of us off the train for a square go 🤣

Right, the game now is "guess the stop the racist got off the train"

My go - Polmont

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Right, the game now is "guess the stop the racist got off the train"

My go - Polmont

No. I was not shocked at which one it was though. Was on the longer route though, not the quick train. 

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Weird incident on the train home, some Rangers fan who was travelling on his own was talking to us about the game. He seemed absolutely fine and was pretty reasoned in his assessment of the game etc,  then out the blue he made some absolutely ridiculous racist comments about Calvin Bassey. We told him what we thought of his comments, he apologised, said it was a "laugh" and we shouldn't be so PC.  So we told him to stop talking to us. Then when it was his stop he jumped up and offered all 5 of us off the train for a square go 🤣

of-all-the-a296bbda59.jpg

36 minutes ago, bennett said:

Can't argue with Sean Bean.

What's more likely?  I for some reason came on the internet to make up a story about a fictional man being racist and aggressive, even including what line I was on, with nothing to gain from lying,

Or there was a racist Rangers fan from Airdrie?

23 hours ago, woolf said:

Well done to Rangers,easily the best team today.Thought we competed 1st half and then was backs to the wall afterward.Dissapointing from Hearts today,didn’t turn up.

See you all next season 👍

f**k off Woolf, you're better than that. 

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I blame drink, education and parental guidance. 

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I hope you all laughed in his *** face when he started on you?

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I hope you all laughed in his *** face when he started on you?

Pretty much tbh. Was all just very weird how he went from being fine to thinking we were a group he felt comfortable being racist in front of.

13 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

What's more likely?  I for some reason came on the internet to make up a story about a fictional man being racist and aggressive, even including what line I was on, with nothing to gain from lying,

Unfortunate that your young nephew had to hear that racist garbage. Every time you think things can't get any worse, there always Airdrie.

11 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Pretty much tbh. Was all just very weird how he went from being fine to thinking we were a group he felt comfortable being racist in front of.

You get it less now but there’s roasters who think once they are in the company of those similar to themselves they come out with shit like this as they have that mantra of ‘I’m just saying what we’re all thinking!’. Fair play to pulling him up on it though, I used to just ignore those types when they come out with crap like that but now feel the need to intervene more these days.

15 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Trains have cctv so 'he' should be easily identified. 

Surely you would report that sort of behaviour to the police?