Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Scottish Cup final 2022

Darren

Great day out, shite Hearts performance.

Offered absolutely nothing and deserved nothing from the game. Really poor.

I did say before the game that the injury situation would make this difficult for us, and I did think we were a longer shot than many people seemed to realise because of that.

But we never had a go. Really disappointing, but that's fitba.

The state of Craig Gordon. 

Seen Jack’s goal replayed a number of times now, but still can’t see a possible hand ball that Gordon was claiming for. Where exactly in the clip does it occur?
Two very good goals though and a deserved win over the 120 minutes. Thought they’d be absolutely spent after the exertions and disappointment of Wednesday night. There’s some level of fitness throughout the squad. Congrats Rangers, commiserations Hearts who just didn’t quite manage to save their best for the final.

48 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Not a single shot on goal in a cup final against a team dead on it's feet for most of the match.

Me rn.☝️

At no point yesterday did Rangers look tired. The opposite in fact and it's thoroughly impressive. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Seen Jack’s goal replayed a number of times now, but still can’t see a possible hand ball that Gordon was claiming for. Where exactly in the clip does it occur?

It doesn't. Even if it did, it would be a Hearts player handling it. He basically begging to concede a penalty and potentially get a player in his own team carded. It was bizarre. 

We didn't have enough to win that, just as rangers didn't have enough to win that thing the other night.

I'd said that tiredness wouldn't play a part, but it did - the Hertz players looked fucked, but then three of them hadn't been playing games for weeks, and we spent most of the time chasing the ball.

Think Neilson got the starting line-up about right, but his subs were woeful.

Thought we were good in the first half, but we stopped playing football, and started kicking it long to Simms, who had no support, and couldn't hold it up.

Reasonably balanced and exciting first half but Rangers managed to pin back Atkinson and Cochrane in the second half and it felt like we were in a head lock which we couldn’t escape from but Rangers couldn’t find the finishing move.

When the inevitable came it was almost a relief

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

We didn't have enough to win that, just as rangers didn't have enough to win that thing the other night.

Not really comparable to be honest.

Rangers came within a whisker of winning the other night. They led relatively late, missed a sitter to an astonishing save at the death, and lost the shoot out narrowly.  They really could have won that game.

After a bright start, Hearts were absolutely hemmed in yesterday, offering nothing at all in an attacking sense for the best part of two hours.  They didn't come close to winning at all, instead coming up miles short.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not really comparable to be honest.

Rangers came within a whisker of winning the other night. They led relatively late, missed a sitter to an astonishing save at the death, and lost the shoot out narrowly.  They really could have won that game.

After a bright start, Hearts were absolutely hemmed in yesterday, offering nothing at all in an attacking sense for the best part of two hours.  They didn't come close to winning at all, instead coming up miles short.

Big team found. 

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Two very good goals though and a deserved win over the 120 minutes. Thought they’d be absolutely spent after the exertions and disappointment of Wednesday night. There’s some level of fitness throughout the squad. Congrats Rangers, commiserations Hearts who just didn’t quite manage to save their best for the final.

Like you I've watched it a few times and can't see anything.

55 minutes ago, bennett said:

Like you I've watched it a few times and can't see anything.

It was weird.  

His immediate appeal was so vehement, that for a moment, I was hopeful that there must have been something clear enough to see the goal disallowed. 

There really was nothing though.

Hey ho.  If this time last week, I'd been offered Rangers winning one of these Cup finals, I'd definitely have taken it, so long as it was this way round.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They didn't though, did they. image.jpeg.ef212cbddc3d28ac3ffb2a6e592ba961.jpeg

Disappointed with how that panned out. We were absolutely fine first half, but as the game went on it was obvious that the guys we'd gambled on fitness wise never had enough in the tank and the subs made a huge difference. There's changed the game, ours never. 

Rangers deserved it, just gutted we lost the goal so early into ET as it completely deflated us.