Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Scottish Cup final 2022

Darren

7 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

This week could make up for a horrific season. 6-1 please Currants, a Ramsey hatrick and 3 own goals from the best goalie in the world would be nice.

Joke's on you, I've a ten spot on Rangers -2

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy

That’s undoubtedly true. Come on the Hearts, Hearts glorious Hearts...

On 19/05/2022 at 21:46, Clown Job said:

That’s 3 competitions RFC have bottled this season, wouldn’t be surprised to see them do the quadruple on Saturday 

Do you think Ramsey will even get a spot on the bench this weekend?

Celtic have already achieved that honour...

Last time we played under similar circumstances we struggled against Qots,  our best bet is probably to play a few of the younger players who'll be full of energy and desperate to make an impression. 

Last time we played under similar circumstances we struggled against Qots,  our best bet is probably to play a few of the younger players who'll be full of energy and desperate to make an impression. 

Should definitely start with Alex Lowry this afternoon.

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Are there many fans outwith Hibs and Rangers who won't be hoping for a Hearts win?

Bairnardo,  Mullarkey, Hedge cutter,  some Ross County fan, Ludo, Kyle, Randomguy,  Livi Lion, Jupe, the scarf etc.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Wasn't close to the same. Our schedule back in 2008 was much more punishing. And neither did we get some respite with playing fringe and youth players in the league games.

We should be expecting to win this today. Ultimately I think it depends on how the manager sets up. Surely Roofe is fit to start here.

On 19/05/2022 at 21:46, Clown Job said:

That’s 3 competitions RFC have bottled this season, wouldn’t be surprised to see them do the quadruple on Saturday 

Do you think Ramsey will even get a spot on the bench this weekend?

Morning all.  I might get to watch the game today. Mrs Salt and Vinegar a bit better; son still coughing like a horse with bronchitis.  Given what I've been doing for the past few days, it's remarkable to me that I'm still clear. Ok, I spend all day wearing a deep sea diver suit, but needs must. 

As for that bit, if Ramsey is meant to be on the bench, the useless c#nt will probably miss it and fall on his @rse 😁

I think we'll shade it in normal time by the odd goal in 3. If it goes to extra time, I reckon it's a nailed on Hearts win. 

20 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Hearts, I dinnae like you much, but if you beat these gimps on Sunday and make their season a busted fush, I shall stand in my living room and applaud you as you lift the cup. 

Game is today.

Lot of tired legs in Newco team too.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Bairnardo,  Mullarkey, Hedge cutter,  some Ross County fan, Ludo, Kyle, Randomguy,  Livi Lion, Jupe, the scarf etc.

Good guy, w**k, good guy, good guy, w**k, GREAT GUY, w**k, good guy, good good guy, w**k 

Edited by the jambo-rocker

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

@ me next time shitebag

I believe I have laid out my position quite amply in the thread already.

" I hope that my beloved bears skelp those dastardly jambos on Saturday"

I've left out the stauncher parts for obvious reasons. 

On 19/05/2022 at 14:24, paranoid android said:

This alleged fatigue thing is a total misnomer, imo - it's been mentioned many times when rangers have had midweek games in Europe this season, and they've never looked tired in the domestic game the following weekend. 

rangers will fly oot the traps on Saturday, so we'll have to be ready for that.

In other news, I heard that Halkett broke down in a bounce game this week - if that's true, it's better happening in training than in the early stages of the final.

Someone else is telling me wee Devlin was feeling his hammy last week, which I hadn't noticed - that would be a blow. 

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the physical fatigue - Rangers look to be by some distance the fittest team in the country however the mental fatigue they will feel this time should be a game changer. Every other European game has seen them come off the back of a positive result.

Hearts really should have an expectancy amongst the players that they will win the cup.

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

Wasn't close to the same. Our schedule back in 2008 was much more punishing. And neither did we get some respite with playing fringe and youth players in the league games.

We should be expecting to win this today. Ultimately I think it depends on how the manager sets up. Surely Roofe is fit to start here.

120 mins in the high 30s and such a narrow defeat, just my opinion but I think the players will be shattered mentally and physically.

I got the impression on Wednesday that Roofe would have broken down if he over did it.