Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Scottish Cup final 2022

Darren

Robbie Neilson should try taking a page out of Alex Ferguson's book at the 1986 cup final against Hearts. Knowing they would have spent all of the previous 6 days trying to push thoughts of losing the league championship out of their minds Ferguson instructed his players to go to each of the Hearts players before the game and express their deepest, most emphatic condolences about how much they had deserved to win the title and how cruel the loss was. Get that burrowed into their heads, working away at them just before the game kicks off.

Edited by Luddite

The media coverage of this is maybe peak Scottish fitba media.

All the talk of Rangers and how tired they'll be and what a huge effort they'll need and how they're heroes who are up against it.

Hearts are going to be massively under-strength on Saturday through players missing and important players being miles off match-sharp, if they can play at all. But you wouldn't know it.

It's a shame for Hearts. A whole load of important injuries at precisely the wrong time. At full pelt with Beni and Devlin fit and Halkett and Souttar and Smith fully fit, I'd really fancy us on Saturday. With what we're likely to field, it's a long-shot.

Not sure what to expect from us here 

Wed was not only an obvious low in losing but the heat and length of the game will have a possible lingering effect . Also it was Jimmy bells funeral today so I imagine all the sqaud were at that today so not sure what preparations if any have taken place on the training field in the build up to this. 

47 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Not sure what to expect from us here 

Wed was not only an obvious low in losing but the heat and length of the game will have a possible lingering effect . Also it was Jimmy bells funeral today so I imagine all the sqaud were at that today so not sure what preparations if any have taken place on the training field in the build up to this. 

I don't think training will come into it much. Rangers won't suddenly be doing anything madly different from normal and they've already played Hearts four times this season.

Just about resting up and playing again. Probably a session this afternoon to loosen up.

I think Hearts being half a team from fully-fit first-choice gets Rangers off the hook here. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by VincentGuerin

42 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Hearts, I dinnae like you much, but if you beat these gimps on Sunday and make their season a busted fush, I shall stand in my living room and applaud you as you lift the cup. 

You'll be a day late. 

5 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

This week could make up for a horrific season. 6-1 please Currants, a Ramsey hatrick and 3 own goals from the best goalie in the world would be nice.

Oafttttt.