Queen of the South vs Ayr United

Had a brilliant day out - managed to get round 8 Dumfries pubs.  Some nicer than others 🤣.    Was a friendly atmosphere anywhere we went but did see the road closed with 3 or 4 police cars when we came out of one of the pubs after game. 

Game wise, Ayr created enough chances to get the win but I was never particularly confident that we would score, fitting that it was a deflection / OG in the 3nd. 

Edited by Hursty

On 24/04/2022 at 21:02, Hursty said:

Had a brilliant day out - managed to get round 8 Dumfries pubs.  Some nicer than others 🤣.    Was a friendly atmosphere anywhere we went but did see the road closed with 3 or 4 police cars when we came out of one of the pubs after game. 

Game wise, Ayr created enough chances to get the win but I was never particularly confident that we would score, fitting that it was a deflection / OG in the 3nd. 

In a weird way, I actually enjoyed Saturday.

I did feel gutted at the end obviously enough, moreso than I'd anticipated.

However, feeling that engaged, that I cared that much, was something that (without realising it) I'd clearly missed.

For so long now, I've felt resigned and indifferent, that there was something good about feeling upset.

On 24/04/2022 at 12:41, FrankReynolds said:

Was speaking to the barman from The Spread on Market Square where it happened and he said 2 regulars who are in their 60s and 70s who weren’t even at the game got attacked by a few idiot Ayr fans. One of them got glassed and is in hospital. Worst away fans we’ve had in Dumfries. 

We were in the spread eagle before the game for a couple of pints and found all the locals very friendly and welcoming, same can be said for the Police outside the ground who were really friendly and helpful so it's pretty shocking to hear of this and hope everyone is ok.

I hope they catch the tossers who did this as they have no place following Ayr Utd but I can assure you that the majority of us aren't like this and totally condemn this sort of behaviour.