Queen of the South vs Ayr United

29 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'm less gutted tonight than I anticipated. It possibly because I've scarcely watched a game recently either at the match or on line. Our efforts this season have quite frankly led me to a place somewhere between acceptance and indifference.

Sad really.

That's where I was until I made the mistake this week, of caring.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
29 minutes ago, Slipmat said:
Innes Cameron managed to stop or interfere with most of our promising attacks in the games he played in.  We didn't have to rely on opposing players doing something stupid like deliberately handling the ball.

The worry is he'll rock up on loan at us next season again as we'll be playing at his level.

Don’t think he’ll go on loan to anyone. He’s nowhere near our level and his early promise has now stopped.

I would be very surprised if he’s not released on a free. 

2 hours ago, Flash said:

Cameron and Soares-Junior have scored a grand total of 4 league goals for Queens between them.
Neither of them has scored a single goal in any competition this year. Ignoring his OG, Cameron last scored on 18 December and Soares-Junior scored his solitary league goal on 21 August.

That's just ridiculous.

Truly ridiculous.  

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's just ridiculous.

Truly ridiculous.  

I mean you could compare anyone performing just now but Tommy Goss rather than Soares would have made far more sense. We could be here all day. Said it today that innes Cameron brings absolutely nothing to the team. Awkward, shits out of tackles, loses headers, inept passing, slow. 

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw some folk on the SRE complain about the stewards (for once not ours!!!) What was that about? That "condemned" area or something else?

Havent seen any highlights yet but did Gibson think he was playing ice hockey if he thought he could grab/handle the ball when in play?

Gibson was concerned the ball had gone soft and thought it was more appropriate to test the pressure with his hands😁

18 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Fucking hell.

As long as the only folk involved were the nuggets themselves.

Was speaking to the barman from The Spread on Market Square where it happened and he said 2 regulars who are in their 60s and 70s who weren’t even at the game got attacked by a few idiot Ayr fans. One of them got glassed and is in hospital. Worst away fans we’ve had in Dumfries. 

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

Was speaking to the barman from The Spread on Market Square where it happened and he said 2 regulars who are in their 60s and 70s who weren’t even at the game got attacked by a few idiot Ayr fans. One of them got glassed and is in hospital. Worst away fans we’ve had in Dumfries. 

Was the fight not at the Salutation? I’ve seen a video of a fight there, was handbags and was clearing up until 4/5 folk barged out the pub and started fighting the Ayr fans that were leaving. Don’t get me wrong the Ayr fans that were there looked like total zoomers, but the situation looked like it had been defused until they charged out and folk ran back. Idiots the lot of them. 

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Was the fight not at the Salutation? I’ve seen a video of a fight there, was handbags and was clearing up until 4/5 folk barged out the pub and started fighting the Ayr fans that were leaving. Don’t get me wrong the Ayr fans that were there looked like total zoomers, but the situation looked like it had been defused until they charged out and folk ran back. Idiots the lot of them. 

4 seriously assaulted and all caught on CCTV. 3 of them weren’t even at the game and tried to defuse the situation but were attacked and even kick on the ground by a small group of Ayr ‘supporters’…. 

arrests will be made in the coming days. 

13 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

4 seriously assaulted and all caught on CCTV. 3 of them weren’t even at the game and tried to defuse the situation but were attacked and even kick on the ground by a small group of Ayr ‘supporters’…. 

arrests will be made in the coming days. 

Good,hope they get done dont need these idiots, hope everyone ok

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I doubt the old guy who got bottled and was in hospital would call it “handbags.” 
Tbf though getting your head burst open from a bottle probably is just “handbags” in Ayrshire. 

4 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

I doubt the old guy who got bottled and was in hospital would call it “handbags.” 
Tbf though getting your head burst open from a bottle probably is just “handbags” in Ayrshire. 

Like I said the video circulating everything seemed to have calmed down until a few steemed out the pub. I’m not sure if that’s because someone had been bottled, I don’t think you see that in the video, maybe you do? Whoever’s involved should be rightly be taken care of by the police. Also let’s not try paint Queens fans out to be saints; there were other incidents after the game involving the queens young time. Idiots the lot of them. 

Someone posted the video on the SRE Facebook page. It’s not good viewing I don’t think it shows the ful  on incident as I never say anyone look like they got bottled. The first punch I. That video came from someone running out the pub followed by another who then ended up on the ground. It’s fucking uncalled for. We don’t need a reintroduction of that on a weekly basis 

That's utterly disgusting. Hope those assaulted fully recover and the perps are caught and hammered. Some life bans from football grounds would be good too.

Carlsberg don't do shit Saturday's, but if they did .... couldn't Adam and Eve it when East cancelled out our lifeline with his OG, confirming our relegation. So jumped on my bike for a quick 10 miles blast before dinner to clear my head.

Four miles out, took a sharp left, hit loose gravel, then hit the deck hard. Two hours later I'm sat in A&E with a lump the size of a grapefruit on my hip and a dislocated collar bone.

I've had better Saturdays to be fair. 😎

Carlsberg don't do shit Saturday's, but if they did .... couldn't Adam and Eve it when East cancelled out our lifeline with his OG, confirming our relegation. So jumped on my bike for a quick 10 miles blast before dinner to clear my head.
Four miles out, took a sharp left, hit loose gravel, then hit the deck hard. Two hours later I'm sat in A&E with a lump the size of a grapefruit on my hip and a dislocated collar bone.
I've had better Saturdays to be fair. [emoji41]
That's rotten. Hope you feel better soon.

25 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I've had better Saturdays to be fair. 😎

Ah mate that’s a rough one. Done it myself-you are just a passenger when it happens unless you are Marc Marquez. Hope your alright though

28 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Ah mate that’s a rough one. Done it myself-you are just a passenger when it happens unless you are Marc Marquez. Hope your alright though

Cheers. On the plus side the bike seems to be OK, think my shoulder took the impact and saved it. Aches, but more pissed off than anything.