Queen of the South vs Ayr United

2 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

So? Doesn't mean he didn't misjudge where he was.

No, but it suggests any such misjudgement would need to be chronic, and is therefore less likely.

I just think it was one of those irrational moments of madness you occasionally see.

Guest Flash
24 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

It would have been bad enough going down today if we had played out a scrappy 0-0. In typical Queens’ fashion we get ahead with a few Minutes remaining and lose a dreadful scrambled goal from a long throw despite having everybody back.

Cant understand why we start with both Cameron and Junior up front in the key striking positions. They are honestly two of the poorest finishers I have ever seen in a Queens shirt and trust me there have been plenty of contenders.Paton always seems to be left out - he did more in the short time he was on than the pair of them did in the full 90. Don’t even start me about Connelly being stuck out wide where he literally hasn’t kicked a ball for months. These decisions really bring into question if WG and GM can be trusted with the major rebuild that we face.

Dont like having a pop at Willie because once again he was our best player but these key selection blunders really add up. Junior has had so many chances to deliver and he just keeps on flattering to deceive and we stick Connelly in an alien position and omit Paton to accommodate him?

Cameron and Soares-Junior have scored a grand total of 4 league goals for Queens between them.
Neither of them has scored a single goal in any competition this year. Ignoring his OG, Cameron last scored on 18 December and Soares-Junior scored his solitary league goal on 21 August.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No, but it suggests any such misjudgement would need to be chronic, and is therefore less likely.

I just think it was one of those irrational moments of madness you occasionally see.

Maybe.

Either way, he didn't deny the opposition possession or attempt to stop a goal, so it's not a yellow card. 

Edited by Homer Thompson

8 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

That's the rule. 

Surely, by definition, every single foul ever, has failed to deny the opposition possession, given that they get awarded possession?

Are you suggesting that you can only get booked for deliberate handball if the opposition are in danger of scoring?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

46 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You didn't relegate us. Our players did that.

Genuinely no idea how you didn't bury us today. If that is indicative of your forwards usual accuracy then I can see why your going down. We were very very lucky to still be in it at the end.

The approach by the Queen's safety officer was utterly bizarre today. No idea why some of us were allowed round to the terrace in the first half on a one in one out basis. There could have been some real bother at half time as fans were packed in tightly being refused entry. Even the steward on the terrace we spoke to was apologetic about how it was being handled as it was totally out of their hands. It wouldn't have taken much for that to have became dangerous as only a select few were being let through.

Genuinely no idea how you didn't bury us today. If that is indicative of your forwards usual accuracy then I can see why your going down. We were very very lucky to still be in it at the end.
The approach by the Queen's safety officer was utterly bizarre today. No idea why some of us were allowed round to the terrace in the first half on a one in one out basis. There could have been some real bother at half time as fans were packed in tightly being refused entry. Even the steward on the terrace we spoke to was apologetic about how it was being handled as it was totally out of their hands. It wouldn't have taken much for that to have became dangerous as only a select few were being let through.
And then you had the hi vi's vests stand 2 meters apart on the touch line blocking folks view absolutely no need for it.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Surely, by definition, every single foul ever, has failed to deny the opposition possession, given that they get awarded possession?

Are you suggest that you can only get booked for deliberate handball if the opposition were in danger of scoring?

No, that's not what I'm saying. You've literally just seen an example today where a handball didn't deny the opposition possession 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No it’s not.

Do enlighten us then. 

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

I spoke to him just before the second half asking if it would be a better idea to use common sense and let more round, to be told the terracing was “condemned”. I asked why some were allowed round and he said it’s because they were using it as overspill. So I said it sounds a bit stupid for it to be ok for overspill, but not for an extra 100 or so. Think he took the huff and said he wouldn’t come to my work and tell me what to do, which may be true, but it was a bizarre thing to say it’s condemned, but allow folk on it anyway. 

Do enlighten us then. 

It was a deliberate handball. Whether he thought the ball was going out or not. Petty as it may seem he still did it and should’ve been booked for it.

He doesn’t strike me as the smartest individual given his actions in previous Ayr-QOS games where he’s acted like a complete fud but just grabbing the ball in mid air for no reason takes the cake.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

I spoke to him just before the second half asking if it would be a better idea to use common sense and let more round, to be told the terracing was “condemned”. I asked why some were allowed round and he said it’s because they were using it as overspill. So I said it sounds a bit stupid for it to be ok for overspill, but not for an extra 100 or so. Think he took the huff and said he wouldn’t come to my work and tell me what to do, which may be true, but it was a bizarre thing to say it’s condemned, but allow folk on it anyway. 

If it was condemned they shouldn't have allowed that number of people into the away end in the first place. It was clearly over subscribed in the away end with people still pouring in before they opened it up. 

Guest Flash

Are you suggest that you can only get booked for deliberate handball if the opposition were in danger of scoring?

Yellow card if a player

handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack
handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (whether or not the attempt is successful) or in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent a goal

Red card if a player
denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence

Law 12

7 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

No, that's not what I'm saying. You've literally just seen an example today where a handball didn't deny the opposition possession 

So if he'd beaten it down with his hands and then passed it to someone, rather than caught the bloody thing, would that have been denying the opposition possession?

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was a deliberate handball. Whether he thought the ball was going out or not. Petty as it may seem he still did it and should’ve been booked for it.

He doesn’t strike me as the smartest individual given his actions in previous Ayr-QOS games where he’s acted like a complete fud but just grabbing the ball in mid air for no reason takes the cake.

No, no he shouldn't. See above 

So if he'd beaten it down with his hands and then passed it to someone, rather than caught the bloody thing, would that have been denying the opposition possession?

I have literally no idea what you're talking about. 

Edited by Homer Thompson