Queen of the South vs Ayr United

47 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Shame our own ineptitude stops us from revelling in your relegation. We may escape next week but by that point it'll be too late.

Nah, it's ok.  You can come back later and laugh at us.

Three years ago, I had to wait a full fortnight until we'd negotiated the play-offs, before I could properly mock Falkirk fans.

The fact that by then the dust had settled, actually made it more enjoyable.

Really don't take much pleasure in relegating another team but in Gibsons case GIRFUY how he was not red carded amazes he bounced the ball off Collums head when he had his wee stupid scuffle with Brydon after the equaliser.

You didn't relegate us. Our players did that.

47 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Thank f**k we got that point. The biggest talking point though... How on Earth did Gibson not get at least a booking for catching the ball in play? Willie Collum is a truly awful referee.

You want a player booked for that? Near the halfway line right on the wing, the ball was flying out over Gibsons head, he wasn't stopping it reaching an Ayr player or trying to gain an advantage. In fact you got the advantage of a free kick instead of a throw in if he'd let it go out. Only an over officious referee would have bothered with a booking there and he would have been wrong. 

59 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Thank f**k we got that point. The biggest talking point though... How on Earth did Gibson not get at least a booking for catching the ball in play? Willie Collum is a truly awful referee.

Collum came to speak to Bullen and said it’s in a nothing area and the ball was flying five yards out the park and he didn’t attempt to handball it to take any advantage although it was a strange thing to do from Gibson. 

I couldn’t see from my side but did we have a decent handball shout in the area near the end of the half ? Collum managed to miss a clear shirt pull then the player let go just as Junior went down. 

It would have been bad enough going down today if we had played out a scrappy 0-0. In typical Queens’ fashion we get ahead with a few Minutes remaining and lose a dreadful scrambled goal from a long throw despite having everybody back.

Cant understand why we start with both Cameron and Junior up front in the key striking positions. They are honestly two of the poorest finishers I have ever seen in a Queens shirt and trust me there have been plenty of contenders.Paton always seems to be left out - he did more in the short time he was on than the pair of them did in the full 90. Don’t even start me about Connelly being stuck out wide where he literally hasn’t kicked a ball for months. These decisions really bring into question if WG and GM can be trusted with the major rebuild that we face.

Dont like having a pop at Willie because once again he was our best player but these key selection blunders really add up. Junior has had so many chances to deliver and he just keeps on flattering to deceive and we stick Connelly in an alien position and omit Paton to accommodate him?

9 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You want a player booked for that? Near the halfway line right on the wing, the ball was flying out over Gibsons head, he wasn't stopping it reaching an Ayr player or trying to gain an advantage. In fact you got the advantage of a free kick instead of a throw in if he'd let it go out. Only an over officious referee would have bothered with a booking there and he would have been wrong. 

I've got to say, I thought it was bizarre, both  that he did it, and that he didn't get booked for it.

5 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

It would have been bad enough going down today if we had played out a scrappy 0-0. In typical Queens’ fashion we get ahead with a few Minutes remaining and lose a dreadful scrambled goal from a long throw despite having everybody back.

Cant understand why we start with both Cameron and Junior up front in the key striking positions. They are honestly two of the poorest finishers I have ever seen in a Queens shirt and trust me there have been plenty of contenders.Paton always seems to be left out - he did more in the short time he was on than the pair of them did in the full 90. Don’t even start me about Connelly being stuck out wide where he literally hasn’t kicked a ball for months. These decisions really bring into question if WG and GM can be trusted with the major rebuild that we face.

Dont like having a pop at Willie because once again he was our best player but these key selection blunders really add up. Junior has had so many chances to deliver and he just keeps on flattering to deceive and we stick Connelly in an alien position and omit Paton to accommodate him?

In my view, the ineptitude of the strikers we've been fielding, is the single biggest reason behind our relegation.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've got to say, I thought it was bizarre, both  that he did it, and that he didn't get booked for it.

I wasn't happy he did it either, giving them the advantage of a free-kick instead of a throw-in but I never thought for a second that it merited a booking. 

Having had time to reflect, I think we got out of jail today. I genuinely thought we were cruising to the 4 1-0 results needed to end up with the three of us finishing on 35 points with same GD & GF with us finishing bottom. Thank f**k that's now off the menu.

We need to somehow get this rabble to beat Partick to guarantee our Championship status. What a horrific season and we're in horrible form. 1 win in our last 9. Our last home win was on 8th Jan in Bullen's first game. Does anyone else fancy puting Davie White in charge for one game? This lot only seem to perform when we chop the manager.

Only positive from today was sending Gibson into a meltdown when we got our equaliser. Incredibly unpleasant guy and I hope he’s fucking miserable tonight.

Apart from that it was shite. End to end game but zero quality from both teams. After we missed our sitters in the first half you could tell we weren’t scoring. Zero confidence amongst the players and when they have a chance they’re wanting an extra two or three touches instead of hitting the ball. Defensively we were a shambles and every ball over the top of us put us into panic mode.

Partick need to win next week so we won’t be facing any weakened side and they’ll be right on top of us. Only benefit to that is if we win we can potentially deny them the playoffs.

At the minute I’d still make us favourites for ninth given the fixture ourselves and Dunfermline still have to play. QOS looked fucked after our goal and I can’t see them troubling any team when they have nothing to play for.
Speaking of unpleasant what was the glassing outside the salutation inn all about? Ayr fans apparently at it.

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I wasn't happy he did it either, giving them the advantage of a free-kick instead of a throw-in but I never thought for a second that it merited a booking. 

I kind of thought (perhaps wrongly) that a deliberate handball always did.

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

This. Looked like he misjudged where he was and thought he was already over the line.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I kind of thought (perhaps wrongly) that a deliberate handball always did.

You may be right but the intent to gain an advantage and where the offence occurs surely has to be taken into context. 

1 minute ago, QosLoyal said:
2 hours ago, D said:
Only positive from today was sending Gibson into a meltdown when we got our equaliser. Incredibly unpleasant guy and I hope he’s fucking miserable tonight.

Apart from that it was shite. End to end game but zero quality from both teams. After we missed our sitters in the first half you could tell we weren’t scoring. Zero confidence amongst the players and when they have a chance they’re wanting an extra two or three touches instead of hitting the ball. Defensively we were a shambles and every ball over the top of us put us into panic mode.

Partick need to win next week so we won’t be facing any weakened side and they’ll be right on top of us. Only benefit to that is if we win we can potentially deny them the playoffs.

At the minute I’d still make us favourites for ninth given the fixture ourselves and Dunfermline still have to play. QOS looked fucked after our goal and I can’t see them troubling any team when they have nothing to play for.

Speaking of unpleasant what was the glassing outside the salutation inn all about? Ayr fans apparently at it.

We were out pretty sharpish and back to the car and looked liked the Queens young team were heading round where our fans were coming out, not sure what’s actually happened though.