Queen of the South vs Ayr United

In some ways I'm actually looking forward to next season. We might score some goals, we might win some games and we might even go into games with some positivity ... remember those things?

I hope to christ this post doesn't come back to bite me ... 🫤

I started dating my wife the day after our last win at Palmerston which I attended (and set it up through texts on the bus home).

I'd have loved to know that information at the time. I'd be buzzed as f**k about the longevity of the relationship but simply wouldn't believe you about the poor footballing record. We were miles ahead of Queens at that time.

20 years is a long fucking time.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I started dating my wife the day after our last win at Palmerston which I attended (and set it up through texts on the bus home).

I'd have loved to know that information at the time. I'd be buzzed as f**k about the longevity of the relationship but simply wouldn't believe you about the poor footballing record. We were miles ahead of Queens at that time.

20 years is a long fucking time.

I had my first date with my wife on the night of the Scottish Cup final in 1997!

Still together, and I can confirm 25 years is a long time too!

Hoping to get to this. What are the best pubs in the town? Never been to Dumfries before but will have a couple of hours to kill beforehand. Won't be in colours or anything.

Depends what you like really. But in all honesty the majority of pubs are fine in the town. I doubt you'd get hassle wearing colours anyway.

Well that's made this game all the more interesting then. Knowing us, as we've broken a 20 year hoodoo tonight we'll no doubt brake another one on Saturday and Ayr will get their win.

Just what are we like?  This could get seriously nuts on Saturday.  Anyone know whether Fitzpatrick is out for the season now?

If the unthinkable happens on Saturday, then that wee Doonhamer Ian McCall could have a major influence on what happens with Thistle playing both Dunfermline and Ayr ... c'mon Ian you know where your heart lies!

Edited by Otis Blue

Just what are we like?  This could get seriously nuts on Saturday.  Anyone know whether Fitzpatrick is out for the season now?
If the unthinkable happens on Saturday, then that wee Doonhamer Ian McCall could have a major influence on what happens with Thistle playing both Dunfermline and Ayr.
The fact we're relying on Partick in both games is more worrying than our own players tbh. His side have already shat the bed against our relegation rivals not long ago. I really hope Thistle have something to play for against Ayr or he'll relax against them.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The fact we're relying on Partick in both games is more worrying than our own players tbh. His side have already shat the bed against our relegation rivals not long ago. I really hope Thistle have something to play for against Ayr or he'll relax against them.

Thistle are three ahead of Rovers, sitting fourth so they can't be too complacent - he said, straws, grasping at ...

Appropriate metaphor there for Mr McCall ... allegedly ... 🤔

Well, this game just became 10x more interesting on Saturday.

If Ayr win then they're favourites for 8th. Lose and they may yet end up 10th...

It would be interesting to see what Ayr would do if it was level late on, especially if we are not losing.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

On 18/04/2022 at 01:30, North British said:

According to Mathie some weeks back in the Hub , our transfer targets won’t be changing regardless of which league we are on .

I’m sure the transfer targets ambitions won’t change either….

10 hours ago, southernrover said:

Hoping to get to this. What are the best pubs in the town? Never been to Dumfries before but will have a couple of hours to kill beforehand. Won't be in colours or anything.

You won't get any hassle in Dumfries. Most folk are old firm followers and any Queen's fans will just be happy to chat about the game. 

Last couple of weeks are going to be mental.

We haven't won at Palmerston in 22 years. So I just can't see it happening.

We've had enough chances to save ourselves and have failed to do so. Nervous as f**k tbh. 

On 17/04/2022 at 14:14, D'Jaffo said:

Appreciate QOS already have a game to play before this one but might as well kick this one off anyway. Hopefully ICT take three points off then which will render this a complete dead rubber from QOS’ perspective. Ayr, on the other hand, have everything to play for and a win is crucial whilst hoping Partick do us a massive favour.

Hopefully this is the game to end the Palmerston hoodoo and allow us to leapfrog Dunfermline.

I can see us rolling up to Somerset on a sunny warm evening and winning to put you in the play offs.

9 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I can see us rolling up to Somerset on a sunny warm evening and winning to put you in the play offs.

Nah, nonsense.

You'll roll up to Somerset on a sunny warm evening and win to put us straight down.