Queen of the South vs Ayr United

50 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Totally different if we’re a league below though.

Indeed. You’ll be competing with Falkirk for literally the worst full time footballers in the country.

Indeed. You’ll be competing with Falkirk for literally the worst full time footballers in the country.

Unless you can pay way over the odds and be offering the same as the likes of Raith to be able to attract guys that are way above League 1 level.

As discussed before, that would only leave us in the same boat as QP and Kelty who will also be splashing cash to try and lure guys away from the mid table Championship clubs.

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Unless you can pay way over the odds and be offering the same as the likes of Raith to be able to attract guys that are way above League 1 level.

That’s exactly how I read it . There’s plenty of football to be played before any of this . Should we go down I’d expect a clear out and a quality upgrade , what ever that costs . 

That’s exactly how I read it . There’s plenty of football to be played before any of this . Should we go down I’d expect a clear out and a quality upgrade , what ever that costs . 
If we play the way we played for 70 min or so on Saturday for our remaining games I think we will be okay wither that's through the playoffs or finishing 8th, must be gutting for queen's fans that it looks like your players have just flung in the towel was its just the dead cat bounce at Somerset a few weeks back?

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If we play the way we played for 70 min or so on Saturday for our remaining games I think we will be okay wither that's through the playoffs or finishing 8th, must be gutting for queen's fans that it looks like your players have just flung in the towel was its just the dead cat bounce at Somerset a few weeks back?

All you have to do is look at our team that day, it encapsulates some of Bullen’s awful decision making. 

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

They were always extremely fragile in that they needed to score the first goal in games in order to stand a chance. Gibson put a lot of faith in Fitzpatrick to help get the goals and they scored 4 in his first 3 games. Fitzpatrick’s hamstring went in the third game and since then Queens have scored 2 goals in 6 games. After failing to beat Thistle, it looks like they’ve chucked it.
As an aside Queens have failed to score in 10 out of 16 home league games this season and 6 of the last 7. They’ve only scored 10 league goals at Palmerston all season. 

With it being 

the 23rd Partick v Dunfermline & Queens v Ayr,

and the 29th Ayr v Partick & Dunfermline v Queens,

Can easily see it coming down to goal difference with two defeats for Queens and two wins for Partick.

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

With it being 

the 23rd Partick v Dunfermline & Queens v Ayr,

and the 29th Ayr v Partick & Dunfermline v Queens,

Can easily see it coming down to goal difference with two defeats for Queens and two wins for Partick.

The way the fixtures fall, it's bloody annoying that we couldn't even stay in touch enough to make them meaningful for us.  

Even a pretty rotten run, as opposed to this bloody awful one, would have allowed us to potentially escape via these fixtures.

We couldn't even make it interesting.

Guest Flash
49 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The way the fixtures fall, it's bloody annoying that we couldn't even stay in touch enough to make them meaningful for us.  

Even a pretty rotten run, as opposed to this bloody awful one, would have allowed us to potentially escape via these fixtures.

We couldn't even make it interesting.

In some ways it is better to get it over with rather than just delaying the inevitable. As you say, it would have made it interesting but those pathetic serial losers would have found a way to fail anyway.

In some ways it is better to get it over with rather than just delaying the inevitable. As you say, it would have made it interesting but those pathetic serial losers would have found a way to fail anyway.
Looking from the outside in Dobbies goals kept the flack off your owners as soon as he retired it's been a downward spiral.

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
15 minutes ago, Flash said:

Looking from the outside in Dobbies goals kept the flack off your owners as soon as he retired it's been a downward spiral.

That spiral was well in evidence, even with Dobbie.

3 years ago, he scored his 43rd goal of the season in the relegation play-offs.

Guest Flash
1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Imo, Dobbie kept us up for 3 seasons, Covid kept us up for one and last season Shields and Jones kept us up. 

17 minutes ago, Flash said:

Yes, quite possibly.

It is galling, however, that we've managed to take ourselves out of the reckoning before we even reach these games, leaving the other pair to worry only about each other.

Just now, Flash said:

Imo, Dobbie kept us up for 3 seasons, Covid kept us up for one and last season Shields and Jones kept us up. 

I think Covid saved us last season too.  It allowed our unlikely looking purple patch to be enough, as it represented a third of the season, rather than a quarter.  I can't know this, but I think another round of fixtures was likelier to be shit, like two spells were, rather than excellent like one was.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think Covid saved us last season too.  It allowed our unlikely looking purple patch to be enough, as it represented a third of the season, rather than a quarter.  I can't know this, but I think another round of fixtures was likelier to be shit, like two spells were, rather than excellent like one was.

The same could be said for Ayr, I think Hopkin would have relegated us had it been a 36 game season. As it was we scraped to 8th on goal difference.