Queen of the South vs Ayr United

Caley will officially relegate us before this game but thinking ahead we probably want to be looking to win this. If either Ayr or Dunfermline lose in the play-offs then we would much rather have Ayr down there with us as you'd imagine their budget will be a lot closer to ours than Dunfermline. It'll be hard enough next season without Dunfermline being in the mix as well.

If you fail to win this one Ayr I'm afraid you're 9th. There's no danger we're getting anything at Dunfermline.
I've got a feeling Smith might fling a bit of money at if we go down, going down will be bad enough but staying down would be disastrous, with the Hub, Mathue, Glendinning and the other stuff going on off the field we would need to bounce back at the first attempt.

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

've got a feeling Smith might fling a bit of money at if we go down, going down will be bad enough but staying down would be disastrous, with the Hub, Mathue, Glendinning and the other stuff going on off the field we would need to bounce back at the first attempt.

According to Mathie some weeks back in the Hub , our transfer targets won’t be changing regardless of which league we are on .

35 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
Caley will officially relegate us before this game but thinking ahead we probably want to be looking to win this. If either Ayr or Dunfermline lose in the play-offs then we would much rather have Ayr down there with us as you'd imagine their budget will be a lot closer to ours than Dunfermline. It'll be hard enough next season without Dunfermline being in the mix as well.

If you fail to win this one Ayr I'm afraid you're 9th. There's no danger we're getting anything at Dunfermline.

I've got a feeling Smith might fling a bit of money at if we go down, going down will be bad enough but staying down would be disastrous, with the Hub, Mathue, Glendinning and the other stuff going on off the field we would need to bounce back at the first attempt.

He is maybe flinging a few quid in bonuses at the squad as an incentive for them to stay up. 

Maybe why some of the players looked gutted at the final whistle. 

2 hours ago, North British said:

According to Mathie some weeks back in the Hub , our transfer targets won’t be changing regardless of which league we are on .

Thats patter

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Appreciate QOS already have a game to play before this one but might as well kick this one off anyway. Hopefully ICT take three points off then which will render this a complete dead rubber from QOS’ perspective. Ayr, on the other hand, have everything to play for and a win is crucial whilst hoping Partick do us a massive favour.

Hopefully this is the game to end the Palmerston hoodoo and allow us to leapfrog Dunfermline.

This is already (effectively) a dead rubber from QOS perspective ... dead cert 3 pts heading up the A76

6 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Planing on going to palmerston for the first time on Saturday is there parking near the ground?

Plenty - unlikely to be any home support ...

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

... 'sake you lot (Ayr and the Pars that is) - whoever finishes 9th isn't going down - no bucket and spade required.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

This is already (effectively) a dead rubber from QOS perspective ... dead cert 3 pts heading up the A76

Hasn't happened since 2002, could fire a net onto the high street for your first 11 and I wouldn't be confident of taking anything in Dumfries.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

True a point would do it. I said elsewhere though that QOS having nothing to play for might take the pressure off them and the players would respond well to that.

Will be my first trip to Palmerston since the 1-1 game back in December 2018. Think Moffat and Todd scored for the teams that day.

Our players responding well to a situation would be something to behold. Honestly they’re so poor that our manager has acknowledged that we “chucked it” in the 2nd half on Saturday. They are as gutless a group as you could wish to be against 

The targets might not change

Doesn't mean the players themselves want to sign up to a continuing circus. 

And we’ll waste our summer chasing after players that don’t want to come to us.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

And we’ll waste our summer chasing after players that don’t want to come to us.

We seemed to have no problem getting good players in at Christmas !