Easter Monday showdown

16 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The same category 1 ref who did the 3-3 game with 3 red cards at Pollok. Obviously the SFA must think he's good enough.

Looking at the Talbot TV highlights I can't see that much wrong with his performance, any specific incidents?

I only watched the highlights too and like you say can’t really fault his performance from them. In previous games I have watched him he seems to have been very card happy and continuously stopping the game. There did seem to be a number of bookings on Monday night but most were justified. Maybe I’ve caught him on his off days but if he’s refereeing Darvel/Talbot and Pollok/Talbot he must be highly rated.

18 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

It’s more than 2 or 3 times a month at this time of the year. It was meant to be as much as 4 times in ten days. Non of the players are local and are travelling from Motherwell, North Glasgow etc.

4 times all the way from Glasgow my apologies they must be exhausted 

2 hours ago, Vale 77 said:

4 times all the way from Glasgow my apologies they must be exhausted 

Normally not an issue but if you are spending let’s say one hour each way before and after games and having to do that 3 or 4 times a week it will take it’s toll. 

Darvel weren’t the same team in the second half. They ran out of steam compared to Talbot. I’d go as far to say they were trying to run down the click when 2-1 ahead as nothing was being done quickly. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

Normally not an issue but if you are spending let’s say one hour each way before and after games and having to do that 3 or 4 times a week it will take it’s toll. 

Darvel weren’t the same team in the second half. They ran out of steam compared to Talbot. I’d go as far to say they were trying to run down the click when 2-1 ahead as nothing was being done quickly. 

They're goalie started time wasting after the first goal and it was evident in the second half.

2 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

Think we’ll agree to disagree I personally think it was more Talbot having a better spell earlier 2nd half  but towards end match it definitely looked like

1 hour ago, BC63 said:
2 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

They're goalie started time wasting after the first goal and it was evident in the second half.

think that was more the goalie trying to get to halftime with his injury mate . You could see he was really struggling and wasn’t  a surprise he never appeared for 2nd half 

22 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

Look at their bench’s reaction when they scored. It’s in the video. Lacked any class. They weren’t celebrating with their own players or fans but were on the pitch making gestures. 

Also look at Talbot’s schedule over the last six weeks and going forward. Not much different from Darvel. 

Let’s see how the Darvel project pans out in the long run. I’m not a fan of artificially inflated clubs as it’s mostly air and lacks substance. 

It’s sustainable until something changes as it will and then what happens? 

How do you know it’s not sustainable? Since when we’re you darvel’s accountant ? , your guessing and there celebrating was absolutely fine , what’s wrong with it ? It’s ok for Talbot to do what they want & shout & abuse players? But when a team celebrate your pulling the place down 

22 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

As a matter of interest is it Kilwinning you seemingly h8, as I find it rather strange that an OF arsecheek would be interested in lower league football, unless its an arsecheek that lacks the bus fare to the east end.

I shall change my name for you, with your typing you need to learn English or go for elocution lessons 🇮🇪

25 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

How do you know it’s not sustainable? Since when we’re you darvel’s accountant ? , your guessing and there celebrating was absolutely fine , what’s wrong with it ? It’s ok for Talbot to do what they want & shout & abuse players? But when a team celebrate your pulling the place down 

Consider the wages they are paying ex SPFL players, plus costs and compare that with gate receipts and you’ll quickly work out that it isn’t sustainable. If they publish accounts you’ll find out the wage bill and revenue? 

Did you watch the celebrations? They weren’t celebrating with their own fans or teammates they were on the pitch making gestures which you can only assume were to the Talbot players and bench. Classless.

If you win the league and get promoted your team and a few hundred fans won’t be missed.

John Gall will have to dig further into his pockets to support the team in the lowland league as it will be even more unsustainable. Enjoy it while it lasts as it will come to an end eventually. 

Let’s see if Motor Mouth Mick is as vocal about the injustice of the pyramid if Darvel get promoted. 

Edited by Rugbyroader