Easter Monday showdown

28 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

So if it was politely put it would be the referee has the right to administer punishment even though the incident took place after an infringment seconds earlier. That's all I needed to know.

Watching the highlights I think the goalie caught Boylan’s foot so if it wasn’t off side it should have been a penalty. Why would Boylan have went down? Baffling decision at the time and even more so when you look at the highlights. 

Sone robust challenges from Darvel including the one by the left back on Samson. 

16 minutes ago, Troy101 said:

What’s the name of last nights referee? I’ve seen him on a few occasions this season and think he’s been pretty poor, was surprised to see he was in charge last night considering the importance of the match.

The same category 1 ref who did the 3-3 game with 3 red cards at Pollok. Obviously the SFA must think he's good enough.

Looking at the Talbot TV highlights I can't see that much wrong with his performance, any specific incidents?

30 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

It’s more than 2 or 3 times a month at this time of the year. It was meant to be as much as 4 times in ten days. Non of the players are local and are travelling from Motherwell, North Glasgow etc.

Do they not put them up in the park hotel for midweek games.

41 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

It’s more than 2 or 3 times a month at this time of the year. It was meant to be as much as 4 times in ten days. Non of the players are local and are travelling from Motherwell, North Glasgow etc.

If they weren't playing competitive matches surely they would be travelling down to Darvel for training? Presumably they knew what they were agreeing to when they agreed to take the big money? 

Of course that is one of the problems Darvel face when importing players and perhaps something they should have considered when signing so many from outside Ayrshire. Of course it could be argued that recent signings have tried to address that situation? 

If they weren't playing competitive matches surely they would be travelling down to Darvel for training? Presumably they knew what they were agreeing to when they agreed to take the big money? 
Of course that is one of the problems Darvel face when importing players and perhaps something they should have considered when signing so many from outside Ayrshire. Of course it could be argued that recent signings have tried to address that situation? 
Darvel train in Glasgow I think.

They don’t train locally as until recently none of the players were from Ayrshire. Do the youth teams play locally?

I’m surprised they aren’t relocating as they are simply a franchise just like the Black Roaster’s restaurants. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

9 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

They don’t train locally as until recently none of the players were from Ayrshire. Do the youth teams play locally?

I’m surprised they aren’t relocating as they are simply a franchise just like the Black Roaster’s restaurants. 

That's poor though not surprising. 100% a plastic franchise club as you say. And the manager has the cheek to be critical of the Guest Teams in the LL. He really needs to take a long look at himself and his current club in the mirror.

The u20 team played in Glasgow till they folded.

22 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

I think it’s unfair to describe Talbot as a long ball team. They don’t play with a target man. Boylan drifts wide most of the time. They do get the ball up the park quickly but that’s to capitalise on the pace they have from the likes of Samson up front. Darvel second goal was very good as was Talbot’s. Talbot had more chances throughout the game including hitting the post. Darvel fell out of the game in the second half and I thought that if there was going to be a winner it was Talbot. Darvel came back into the game in the last 5 minutes. Talbot looked the fitter of the two teams but the injuries and knocks may be telling as they play Hurlford on Wed. There was a big Talbot support but also lots of neutrals as you could tell from the reactions to the goals.
Still can’t see how Darvel set up can be sustainable given the normal crowd and the amount of ex seniors in the squad. The owner, management and players are difficult to like. What was MacKenzie’s knee slide to a few youngsters when he scored all about? 

You do know darvel have been playing 3 games a week for the last 6 weeks there entitled to be tired, some of there players will need timpsons They have played that much, how can you judge the management difficult to like if you do not know them, mick is the fairest manager in football win lose or draw he treats everyone the same way, he was first across the park to the Talbot boys at the end! It’s sustainable cause they have plenty money & it’s a hobby for them theyl never lose sleep over there wage bill! 

Watching the highlights I think the goalie caught Boylan’s foot so if it wasn’t off side it should have been a penalty. Why would Boylan have went down? Baffling decision at the time and even more so when you look at the highlights. 
Sone robust challenges from Darvel including the one by the left back on Samson. 
It was offside, the linesman did flag.

14 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

MacKenzie had a chance in the second half that Leishman saved but it wasn’t created from good play it seemed to break to him hence why he was in the amount of space he was. 

Talbot had more pressure in the second half but poor choices and finishing let them down.

Darvel were good in the first half but as I said I thought they ran out of energy in the second half. Travelling by car from Glasgow to the Valley frequently must take it’s toll eventually!!!😉

Gall gets excellent profile for his business from being involved at Killie. He describes himself as the ‘Killie Pie Man’ to folk who don’t know who he is!! Suggesting he puts even more money into Darvel isn’t sustainable. 

Darvel should win the league with the money invested in the squad. It’s bound to hurt if they don’t win it. 😭

Successful teams have to cope with playing 3/4 games per week at the end of a season. Happens to Talbot every year and they have few call offs at Beechwood. 

Can see some twists and turns yet as there are difficult fixtures coming up for both teams. 

I’m interested in what the neutrals thought. 

With the start darvel We’re off to in the league I would say they have done well to get to where they have, how does flinging all the money at something mean they will automatically win, if you pay 300k for a racehorse doesn’t mean the one that’s 10k won’t beat you ! 

let the guys have a bit of fun with there money Theyv worked hard to get it 🇮🇪

16 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

You do know darvel have been playing 3 games a week for the last 6 weeks there entitled to be tired, some of there players will need timpsons They have played that much, how can you judge the management difficult to like if you do not know them, mick is the fairest manager in football win lose or draw he treats everyone the same way, he was first across the park to the Talbot boys at the end! It’s sustainable cause they have plenty money & it’s a hobby for them theyl never lose sleep over there wage bill! 

Look at their bench’s reaction when they scored. It’s in the video. Lacked any class. They weren’t celebrating with their own players or fans but were on the pitch making gestures. 

Also look at Talbot’s schedule over the last six weeks and going forward. Not much different from Darvel. 

Let’s see how the Darvel project pans out in the long run. I’m not a fan of artificially inflated clubs as it’s mostly air and lacks substance. 

It’s sustainable until something changes as it will and then what happens? 

Edited by Rugbyroader

35 minutes ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

It was offside, the linesman did flag.

I know but if it wasn’t it should have been a penalty as the goalie caught him. Neither Boylan or the goalie knew it had been flagged when going for the ball. He didn’t deserve to be booked as it wasn’t simulation if the goalie caught him. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

18 minutes ago, andy25 said:
40 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

The u20 team played in Glasgow till they folded.

That’s even more of a joke for a team allegedly trying to be part of the community. 

14 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

Looking at how Kennedy has behaved on here is certainly not the definition of class as I would understand it. I have no concern about him wanting to do the best for his own team however to claim he is the "fairest manager in football" does seem rather far fetched to me. Kennedy has been hugely critical of the guest teams and potentially what they are buying yet does not have the honesty and self reflection to see that his current club are buying their way through the leagues also. 

Obviously the the poster who doesn't like Rangers does not understand the meaning of sustainable. The current set up at Darvel is not sustainable long term though hopefully everyone involved will make efforts to change that and the local community will benefit.

32 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

That's poor though not surprising. 100% a plastic franchise club as you say. And the manager has the cheek to be critical of the Guest Teams in the LL. He really needs to take a long look at himself and his current club in the mirror.

The LL vote isn’t right and neither is having the OF B teams or any other guest  teams involved but I wonder if Kennedy would be as vocal if Darvel were top of the league and looked like winning it. Looks like they might miss out on promotion again when the aim was to get into the LL and beyond. 

2 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

The LL vote isn’t right and neither is having the OF B teams or any other guest  teams involved but I wonder if Kennedy would be as vocal if Darvel were top of the league and looked like winning it. Looks like they might miss out on promotion again when the aim was to get into the LL and beyond. 

To a certain extent I am kinda torn on the Darvel question as in normal circumstances I will support the underdog. However the exception to the rule is where the previous underdog has obviously bought their way to where they are. Darvel, PSG and potentially Newcastle come into that category .

22 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

With the start darvel We’re off to in the league I would say they have done well to get to where they have, how does flinging all the money at something mean they will automatically win, if you pay 300k for a racehorse doesn’t mean the one that’s 10k won’t beat you ! 

let the guys have a bit of fun with there money Theyv worked hard to get it 🇮🇪

As a matter of interest is it Kilwinning you seemingly h8, as I find it rather strange that an OF arsecheek would be interested in lower league football, unless its an arsecheek that lacks the bus fare to the east end.

6 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

To a certain extent I am kinda torn on the Darvel question as in normal circumstances I will support the underdog. However the exception to the rule is where the previous underdog has obviously bought their way to where they are. Darvel, PSG and potentially Newcastle come into that category .

Don’t disagree. As I’ve said the whole thing is artificially inflated and there are no links with the community from players to youth teams. It’s a franchise project.